Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide colour-blind options for the responses pie charts

The current colours used in the summary pie charts can be difficult to pick out for those with colour blindness, for example those who struggle to distinguish red and green. This is particularly the case where not all options are present in the pie chart, so that it's not possible to work out the colours by clockwise order. The option for a colour blind colour scheme would be really helpful to tackle this issue, perhaps utilising very vibrant colours that are easier to distinguish, or varying intensity of the same colour.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create access to import Excel spreadsheet into Forms

allow Excel spreadsheets with formulas and data validation lists to be imported into Forms. Would allow some logic to the spreadsheet

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there a way to have the results come out exactly how they were implemented

When trying to share a form I would like to just share the results of each form filled out exactly how it was filled out. I don't need all the graphs just the exact form with the information filled out. Export the complete form into a PDF of something would be perfect

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable user to edit 'Other' option to add some description

When using choice question, is it possible to allow user edit description of 'Other' to make the question flexible?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable user to edit 'Other' option to add some description

When using choice question, is it possible to allow user to edit the description of 'Other'?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quiz Answer details

Hello, I would like an option that after a quiz is submitted, the correct answers would be able to have "sub" answers that explain why they are correct.

E.G.: True or False: The Sky is Blue.

Answer: True

Correct! The sky is blue due to the light from the sun refracting off of the water droplets that are present in our atmosphere.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alow users to change start of week from sunday to monday in Date picker

Our week starts monday and it confuses users when the date picker week starts sunday

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make a way to add sections to forms and be able to format fonts

I want to be able to add sections to my forms, format fonts and be able to make a copy of a form to rename it and use it again.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. de grammaticale fout in de disclaimer van Microsoft Forms (NL) te corrigeren.

In de disclaimer (NL) van Microsoft Forms staat een grammaticale fout! "zal" moet zijn "zullen". Behoeft correctie!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. de grammaticale fout in de disclaimer van Microsoft Forms (NL) te corrigeren.

In de disclaimer (NL) van Microsoft Forms staat een grammaticale fout! "zal" moet zijn "zullen". Behoeft correctie!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. order form

Allowing us to go back to previous section in branching could make it possible for multiple choices and its respective Q/A style input for data collection using MS Forms. It will certainly help us not to repeat sections after sections for consecutive questions again and again. Somehow MS Forms feels very limited because of it.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Log entries from when external forms receive responses

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部に共有されたフォームに回答があった場合の監査ログ表記内容について
    Log entries from when external forms receive responses

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms で共有範囲を "リンクにアクセスできるすべてのユーザーが回答可能" に設定したフォームに回答があった場合、監査ログに IP アドレス : 0.0.0.0、ユーザー:urn:forms:anonymous#<ランダムな英数字>@forms.office.com と表記されるが、スパムと誤解されてわかりづらい。
    外部ユーザーに共有したフォームでも、IP アドレスを検出できるように機能の拡充を要望します。

When responses are received for forms with their sharing scope set to “Anyone with the link can respond”, the audit log shows IP address: 0.0.0.0, User: urn:forms:anonymous#<random alphanumeric string>@forms.office.com, and this can be judged to be spam and is hard to understand.
    Please make IP addresses appear correctly even for forms shared with external users.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can the title and completion date appear on the saved/printed Microsoft Forms document?

Can the title and completion date appear on the saved/printed Microsoft Forms document?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Print to PDF of ten copies in a Form with shuffled questions and answers results in ten different exam sets.

Despite COVID my university insists on exams in person. For that I need printouts. I would like to have 10 copies of an exam where in Forms, I have an option to shuffle questions and answers. Let me have an option to print to PDF of ten copies in a Form with shuffled questions and answers results in ten different exam sets. Now printing 10 copies gives 10 exact copies. If you print again, the answers and questions are shuffled. With 10 copies you can manage, with seventy it is exceedingly difficult.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for dynamic selection from outlook address book

I am trying to create a form where I would be able to send the action item to a person to perform an action and then allow that person to complete the action and close off their action. this will then go to the originator to confirm its actioned. This would be an amazing feature. I am new and dont know too much about forms so if this function is available kindly refer me to the function.
    Thanks

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. change theme

Not so much an idea but a question. I am new to forms, so there may be an obvious answer. I used a photo as the theme for my simple form. Only later did i realise, that maybe not all that was on the photo shold be in the public domain. So I croped the photo and saved it under a different name. Then I replaced the picture used for the theme. It shows fine in Forms. But where I embedded it into my website, the theme picture has not changed. Why is this, and how can it be remedied?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Theme  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow partial credits for correct answers on a ranking question.

When a ranking question is answered marks are only awarded if all answers are in the correct order.

It would be useful to have the option of allowing partial credits.

ie If a question worth 5 points has 5 answers and 3 are in the correct order (2 are not) then 0 points are awarded.

I'd like to be able to award points for each answer in the correct place so in this example the person completing the quiz would get 3 (out of 5) points.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow customized and shorter links to share forms

The link to share forms with others is very long. It would be comfortable to be able to use shorter and custimized links, just like in SharePoint. Thank you!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. About multiple choice options on forms

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    フォームの選択肢について
    About multiple choice options on forms

■Description(内容):
    現在、質問の種類に "選択肢" を選択した場合、選択肢の項目を手動で入力する必要がございます。
    Azure AD グループへのユーザー追加、削除フォームなどを作成する場合に手入力で 1 つずつ入力した場合、工数がかかります。
    そのため、Azure AD グループのデータを取り込み、選択肢に取り込んだデータをリストボックスなどで表示させる様な機能の拡張を希望します。

Currently, if you set a question type to “multiple choice”, you need to manually enter the multiple choice options.
    To create a form to add/remove users from Azure AD groups, entering them one by one takes a lot of work.
    Therefore, please add a way to get data from Azure AD groups and display it in list boxes etc. in multiple choice options.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.