Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow multiple forms to be assigned to single workbook as separate sheets

My scenario: I run multiple trainings each week. I create Forms from Excel to tie the data to OneDrive and Sharepoint (depending), which is great, but each form has to be in a separate workbook, even though it creates a new sheet for the form. It would be VERY helpful to generate multiple forms from a single workbook, each as its own sheet, so I could collect all forms for a particular class, topic or timeframe, as I see fit.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share the form with specific people

Share the form with specific people.

Especially in corporate setting there is usually a need to send the survey/quiz to specific people instead of everyone in organization. There should be a way to do that.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set anonymous survey restrict to only one response

Its good to have one response setting also for anonymous survey some how this option have in servey monkey. if any one implement this with MS forms please share its really helpfull

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Transfer ownership from "my form" to another person

I want to transfer ownership of my form to a specific person.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printing Forms

When trying to print the form, the web print view only prints 1 page. Summary of the responses can be printed without any trouble, but the actual form cannot be printed.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Captcha section at end of form

If the form is open to the general public, then I guess it is vulnerable to spamming. It would be good to add a Capthcha section at the end, to weed out the bot-responses.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include a Word/Character Count restriction in the Long Answer text area

Either through a character count or a word count, include a restriction in the Long Answer Question answer to set a minimum or maximum word count that would return an error message if the form submission went over/under the restriction number. This is included in another form software that you are competing against. Overall, I like this software.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make different (more) questiontypes so that teachers could make more exiting tests for their students.

Here it would be nice to be able to have the students change the order of different words.

Connect one word from one collumn to another word in a second collumn. The same connection possibilities between pictures and words, and between pictures in two different colmumns.

Have the possibility to let students choose a word in a scentence from a drop down menu.

Have the computer randomize the order of the questions, and to have the computer to pic the number of questions (random pic) form the total number (fex. 30 of 50 questions).

Set a limit on how many…

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a standalone Forms app for iOS or Android

Please create a standalone Forms App for iOS or Android rather than just inside O365 in a web browser.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Upload Images from more locations

1) Image and video library (local, SharePoint or Onedrive,..
    2) Image sizing
    3) Image with answers (esp. small images as you select the image as an answer instead or with text
    4) Image ability to run simple low size GIF and small videos
    5) Images change in the image place I can randomize between 5 images)
    6) Image Question type (Select the image directly the corresponds to an answer for a QUIZ) this is great for Education

7) Focused image form that one can create answers and replies on from images) good for touch screen and Mobile answers

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Theme  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the option to copy a question form one form to another

This feature would allow teachers to share questions with other teachers and to create question banks

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multilanguage forms

We want to use Microsoft Forms but don't want to create multiple forms for all spoken languages inside our company. We like to see a function which enables for multiple languages inside one form.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to set a redirect URL

Could be really cool to redirect the user at the end of the survey/quiz to a custom URL. (for example a SharePoint page giving details on the next steps...)

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save Windows phone & inject hope for continue supporting Windows 10 on Phones for a special Target Market

Dear Microsoft team,
    As we have been already announced that the support of windows phone will be ended till end of 2019 we need to declare our worries, feelings & Ideas regarding this decision.

We know that Microsoft has lost the market for windows phone but instead of leaving us & this platform alone it can target a special market/people all around the world & get some privileges to those who are insisting to have it in their hand considering all the limitations & also help & support to remove the limitations as far as possible.

There are lot's of…

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. limit responses

1) Automatic turn off form when reach certain number of responses so that can be use for event registration

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change wording of 'submit' to 'next question' when branching is enabled

Currently when branching is enabled, the user sees the word 'Submit' after each question. This is confusing as it implies they have finished the form, whereas if there are further questions to complete, something like 'Next question' would be more appropriate.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have data validation capabilities. Such as phone number fields, date fields, etc...

I would like to see data validation. Such as what you have in Excel or Infopath. If I want a user to enter a specific type of data I want the ability to make sure that they input it correctly.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email score and feedback from the Quiz

Once the quiz is complete, that when published it can send an email to the students that took the quiz, in order to get a feedback with their score and/or observations.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Administrator Panel

As an administrator of Office365 for my company, it would be nice to know all the users using forms and what forms are used within our company. Please provide an admin panel for visibility to all our forms.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.