Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List of people who answered and who didn't

It would be helpfull to know who answered and who didn't. Also the option to send them a reminder.

494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Notification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow user to set a limit for the total number of responses that can be submitted (form shuts down after X number of submissions)' has been

I'd like an option where you can limit the amount of people who can chose a certain question or option. In Google docs you can do this via a script. It is essential if you want to use Forms for registering (in schoolwork it is a common activity to make registry-lists)

385 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable uploading and downloading a form

It would be great to be able to upload a form stored as an Excel file, as well as download a form as an Excel or Word file.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Ability to Auto-Fill/Pre-Fill answers

Google Forms has an ability to Pre-Fill answers. You can even edit the Pre-Fill link to even change which Strings you would like to import.

This is done in Google Forms by assigning each Question a unique ID # and you can easily manipulate what you want the Answer to say by changing the ID #'s Pre-fill data.

I feel like Microsoft Forms should be able to implement something similar. I know a lot of businesses would like to import data quickly as well.

377 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to add a hyperlink to a quiz / form as you can in Word, Excel, etc.

Writing information in Description (under the title of the form) I wanted to add a URL to an information crib sheet.

Also, when I am adding 'comments' to appear under answers selected when candidates are reviewing their quiz answers I wanted to add a link. The best I can do is use Bitly to shorten a URL. Can you please add the option to insert a hyperlink as you can in Word, Excel, etc.?

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Randomly chose a number of questions for a quiz from a pool of questions

I would like to create a pool of questions and Microsoft Forms should randomly chose a number of questions from this pool for a quiz.
    So if I need a quick test for my students I could just tell Microsoft Forms to take 10 questions from a certain pool randomly.

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add custom email receipient for responses

Add a field where you can add additional email address('s) to received responses, to allow a specific user (or group of users) to receive any responses.

336 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. increase the limit to add questions in a form.

I need to enter 177 questions, but was cut off at 95. The option to add another question was greyed out. Is the question limit a local setting set by the organization, or in MS Forms itself? If in Forms, then the suggestion would be to address it, but if a local setting, then I can investigate that.

336 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Field validation

Have field validation for e-mail address that at least checks for the @ symbol.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the full form to be sent via email. 50%+ higher response rates when the survey is in the email body, saving respondents a click.

Include the survey/form within the body of an email message in addition to the link to the survey. Response rates are higher when participants can respond from within the body of an email message.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Choice Image

Choice Image

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Image  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. confirmation

It would be a good idea if people that filled in the form would get an automated confirmation/notification on what they filled in.

287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Notification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More options for video upload - e.g. Stream, OneDrive

It would be nice if videos could be uploaded from the computer, OneDrive or Stream, not just from YouTube.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate Forms with SharePoint.

The ease of use Forms provide would make building request apps, approval apps, and calendar apps much easier.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Check Box

Add an option for a simple check box instead of just radio button selections. This would be more useful when creating a true form type entry and not a quiz or survey where you may have multiple choice.

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate with Power BI Desktop!

please enable integration with Power B.I Desktop by providing MS Forms in the online query options.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow text and Images between questions

You should be able to place text or an image between questions. This text is unrelated to a question and allows to have headers for different sections. This is the major sticking point

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable attaching the files to the Answer fields of the form of Microsoft Forms.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): Microsoft Forms の回答にファイルを添付する機能について

Enable attaching the files to the Answer fields of the form of Microsoft Forms.
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms のフォームの回答欄に、現在はファイルを添付する機能が実装されていない。
    ファイルを添付する機能が実装されれば、フォームでお客様から情報をお寄せいただく際にとても便利になるので、是非機能として実装してほしい。​

Currently, we are concerned that the users cannot attach the files to the Answer fields of the form of Microsoft Forms by now. If it becomes possible, we feel its more convenient when collecting information from the customers. It will be grateful if we could apply the "Attachment" feature through Microsoft Forms.

Thank you for your consideration.

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a timer

I know you can set for how long a form is available but having a timer on the test or even a timer per questions can make forms better.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Print MS Forms with Answer Choices Showing

Teachers need to be able to Print the Form with Answer choices showing so that students without internet can take the quiz. Sometimes students forget their laptops or do not have access to the internet and need to take a quiz. This would allow them to have a paper copy as well as the online version.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.