Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. External participant management

Ability to create a custom contact list and then assign surveys to the participants

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to secure a form.

We would love to be able to secure a form to a group so only members of the group can fill out the form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Protecting the survey From accidentally deletions

Protecting the survey, so you won't accidentally delete questions. Now there is no way to protect it and it deletes questions without asking for confirmation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Who joined the test and when - without submit

Students can open the test and see questions and then close the test - if they were not at school that day
    Next time, everything will be solved exactly because we do not have an insight into who - who joined the test and when - without submit

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Registration form for Anonymous participants

it would be great if you could implement the registration form for anonymous users, as it is difficult to distinguish between them now

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 'I agree to submit this form' button where if disagree the form is cancelled.

We use the form for candidates who come into job interviews. Due to several personal data storage laws we need to make sure that candidates agree to share their personal information with the company and subsidiaries. We need an option that says AGREE or DISAGREE to store the information and disagree will cancel the survey alltogether.

Thanks for your help

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Credentials

Enable having a user name and password to get into the form

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Specify location of Data

Very useful tool but it would be really helpful if we could pick where the data is held (i.e. not on an MS server but one that we designate within our own infrastructure).
    Is forms backended by SQL Server if so is the data encrypted at rest?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Safety App for public and engineers showing MapQuest train routes with unique ability to program caution beeps in slowdown areas

Safety App: Microsoft techs work with Verizon MapQuest to develop GPS navigation train route maps with ability to program beeps for critical train track areas. If it takes 7 miles to slow down a train, have that alarm set to go off at seven miles. Passengers can buckle up without being told. The airline industry might be a good example to follow. I would think this would be the cheapest and quickest way to try to save lives. thanks. Ps: My son Casey is an aero engineer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Form has no signout button

Steps to reproduce:

Login to Microsoft Forms to load the form to be completed.
    When finished, close tab & browser.
    Reopen browser.
    Go to browser History
    Click the MS Form entry in browser history (Recently closed)

Expected result: User would be asked to login with credentials when they come to the MS Form.

Actual result: Last user is still logged in.

MS Streams has a logout feature but the Forms page does not. We might have employees using shared or public computers to complete forms. It would be great if a sign out button could be made available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. deleted responses

I have accidentally deleted my 58 responses to this form, and there is no way to roll back to a previous version. I have saved 54 responses using excel, but it would be useful to retrieve these, given how I deleted them so easily with one click!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need to lock a Form down once I have created it - even though other people may need to access the data and analyse it in Excel

I have to ensure a form cannot be changed once I have created it - can I password protect it from changes?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Each section its own rules

Give the chance to give each section its own rules such as accept responses, start and end date. During meetings, headteacher discusses with teachers about many issues that are then put to a vote. It would be preferable that the teachers give their vote only after the discussion. If we can create a single form made of many sections and each section has its own rules, they can discuss issues step by step and at the end of the meeting the headteacher has a single form filled with all the answers without creating a form for each topic they discussed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. data store

Store data collected from Microsoft Forms in the same data centre as your O365 tenant instead of the United States.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add and Remove Collaboration Users or Groups

Currently anyone you send the collaboration link to has ability to make changes to the Form and see all responses, if I want to remove one user's ability to collaborate on the Form, I have to remove all Collaborators, and re-send the new link to everyone else who should still collaborate. We should have the ability to add and remove individual users or groups as collaborators, similar to sharing owner access to Flows and PowerApps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove the survey author's name and email address from the form code

When you create a form, the page code includes the author's name, email address and other user account information in plaintext.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. send a email validation after submit a form for recipient outside organisation

when a form is send to external users to submit, they will fill up their email in one of the field
    once submitted, they will receive and email to click and verify the form is truly submitted by them.
    only then the form can be counted as genuine submission
    Because for form create for anonymous user, the staff himself can fill out the form multiple time and boot up his own rating

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support UserVoice Account Creation using Microsoft Business Accounts

A significant part of the user population are corporate users and therefore may want to submit a UserVoice idea under their business email address and not their personal address.

Can you please add support to allow a user to create an account using their business credentials?

Awesome, thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. require people to sign-in to complete a form

Require people to sign into the Office 365 account before completing a form. Then use their log-in information to tag the form. This would allow the admin to see who completed and submitted forms and prevent anyone from submitting answers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enhancing Permissions Management

There is an issue in MS Forms that the long answers submitted gets cut off in Results summary page. Hence, if we share the results page link with business owner, they are not able to view the entire response for a question.
    However, if we try to see the results on Forms Designer page, we are able to get entire answer.
    In our scenario, we can not share the Forms Designer URL as not all the users has MS Forms license.
    Hence, can you please enhance the permissions of the form in such a way that the unlicensed users can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.