Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create an importable Excel template for forms

If you create an Excel template that can be imported into forms for easy survey/quiz creation, it would make for quick creation and revision.

Such excel templates have been made for Moodle and it makes life much better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customization of “Response” Excel files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    回答の Excel ファイルのカスタマイズについて
    Customization of “Response” Excel files

■Description(内容):
    回答の Excel ファイルに事前に Azure Active Directory の属性 (部署など) と連携させて集計を行えるように、集計項目をカスタマイズできるように機能拡充を要望します。
    I would request for a feature to customize summary items so that I will be able to carry out various measurements by linking “Response” Excel files to Azure Active Directory attributes (such as “department”) in advance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Export results without Excel's interpretation

There needs to be way to export the results without Excel interfering with them. This could be CSV export, or give us the option to run the results through Excel's very good import function before displaying.

When opening the results in Excel online, Excel tries to be helpful and automatically interprets some fields. The most destructive is where Excel decides that something is a date. Once it's decided my data is a date, I don't seem able to get the original text value back.

The results are inconsistent and seem to default to US date interpretation, for example:
    "1 -…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. optie om de 'antwoorden' automatisch te laten verzamelen in een excell en waar de nieuwe antwoorden automatisch bijkomen

Optie om de 'antwoorden' automatisch te laten verzamelen in een excell en waar de nieuwe antwoorden automatisch bijkomen.
    Momenteel kan je de antwoorden in een excell opslaan maar bij elk nieuw antwoord moet je en nieuwe tabel downloaden.
    Met een excell die zichzelf update bij nieuwe antwoorden blijf je constant op de hoogte van alle antwoorden en is er veel minder werk!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add feature to save the responses of Forms in Excel files

■Title(件名):
    Forms で入力してもらった回答について

Add feature to save the responses of Forms in Excel files

■Description(内容):
    Forms で入力してもらった回答を自動的に自由なレイアウトで Excel に保存できるよう機能の実装を希望します。
    例: 氏名・住所・電話番号を申込用紙のような形で PDF で出力する。

I would you to implement a feature to save the collected responses of Forms in Excel files with any layout.
    Ex) Export PDF as responders’ full name, address and phone number in like an application form.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't Have Excel Desktop. Need Open in Excel Online Option

I don't Have Excel Desktop. In forms I need the "Open in Excel Online" option instead of "Open In Excel".

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have "input from excel" function

Have "input from excel" function

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel en One Drive

Crear hoja de calculo en onedrive que se alimente en cada respuesta para evitar tener que descargar el libro de excel. Esto permitiría que hubiera un manejo de las respuestas del formulario como gestión de solicitudes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option where to save the Excel linked result

Add and option where to save your Excel linked results. OneDrive could get messy if you're working with a number of MSForm survey/quizzes. ☺

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow updating record

As participants have more current information available, they reenter the questionnaire and complete the answers. this creates double loggings.

Please provide the option to allow participants to update their responses without creating a new record when they rerun the questionnaire?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow the import responses from Excel to Forms

I alredy have the responses of a form and I create the Form (with the same fields) using "Microsoft Forms", but I need to copy and past each response. So I suggest you to implement a button to import responses from Excel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Refresh Excel question order when rearranging MS Forms questions

I have had to rearrange the question order in my Form when creating a survey, yet when I open the Form in Excel the columns are in completely the wrong order, and there are even blank column headers rather than questions.

I have tried to move the columns around on the Excel sheet, but keep receiving an error message. I have tried 'Refreshing all connections' to see if that rectified the issue, but have has no success.

There either needs to be a live refresh built into Forms for Excel, or there should be an option to be able to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to open Forms for Excel file in edit mode on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business からフォームのファイルを開くと、読み取り専用のコピーが表示される

Allow users to open Excel files in edit mode on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business から Excel 用 Forms を作成した場合、ユーザーが回答を送信すると 5 分間 Forms の Excel ファイルを編集モードで開くことができない。
    ユーザーがアンケートに回答後、 5 分間の間に該当のファイルを開くと
    "このファイルは、SharePoint アプリによって編集がロックされています"
    "読み取り専用のコピーを表示する"
    "ファイルのコピーを保存して編集する"
    と表示される。

ユーザーが回答を送信した直後であっても、編集モードで Forms の Excel を編集モードで表示できるように改善を希望します。

Currently, users are unable to open Forms for Excel file in edit mode for 5 min after users send a response to a survey when we create Forms in Excel on OneDrive for Business where simultaneous editing is disabled.
    User get error (see below) if they try to open applicable files…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide the availability of the Collaborate editing in Microsoft Forms with the specific external users.

■Title(件名):Microsoft Forms を特定の外部ユーザーと共同で編集する方法

Provide the availability of the Collaborate editing in Microsoft Forms with the specific external users.

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms は、現在、"リンクを持つすべてのユーザー" もしくは "組織内のユーザー" の 2 種類のみ選択可能な状態です。
    特定のセキュリティグループを選択するなどして、一部の外部ユーザーのみ共有をし、フォームを作成、編集、URL を送信できるような機能の実装を希望します。​

Currently, we recognize the Microsoft Forms feature that we can select two types of user for "Anyone with a view link" or "People inside my organization" only.

In order to further improve usability, we hope the feature will be implemented that allows us to select specific security groups, select it to be shared for only to the specific external users, or create/ edit of forms freely as well…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to choose Excel sheet destination

It would be great if we could choose what workbook (and sheets in that workbook) a specific form feeds into, so we can have multiple forms flowing into one workbook.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable forms on 'Communications' type Sharepoint sites

It seems that only 'Teams' or 'Office Group' enabled sites allow form creation right now, which means in our org, we are unable to create and store forms on some of our existing sites.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sharepoint should have the same form creation functionality

Sharepoint should have the same form creation functionality as One Drive, which I always consider my "personal area" of SP. I.e. we should be able to create the excel file or a form from anywhere on SP, too - we´re itnerested in creating surveys that would feed Excel files we store oN SP. Maybe someone knows the solution and I have not understood? Otherwise it makes no sense to limit this functionality in such a powerful thing as SP.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Auto export of responses

It would be great if you could schedule the extract of responses in an excel format and automatically send it to an email address.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. harmonize Excel report with final version of the form

make the Excel report reflect the final form: not include columns for already deleted questions, keep columns with answers in the final order of questions

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Forms to be created via document libraries before using the Forms site

You cannot create and open Forms for Excel unless you've launched the Forms app from the portal pages. This needs to change and it blocks users from opening newly created Forms from within a document library.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.