Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. linked excel file should record information as 'data', not as a 'spreadsheet'

Instead of each question having its own column in Excel, there should be one column which contains the question number, another column with the question title, and another column with the response.

Essentially, each question/response would be a seperate ROW in excel, not all questions/responses on the same row.

Each row should also contain "KEY" information like the date, respondant's name etc.

This would enable us to analyse response in PowerBI much easier.

Please see the attached file. the DATA tab shows the prefered data format

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ไ่ม่สะดวกต่อการเข้าดูการตอบคำถาม

ทุกครังที่จะเข้าดูการตอบแบบฟอร์มต้องโหลดทุกครั่งทำให้เกิดชื่อไฟล์ที่ไม่จำเป็นจนเป็นขยะใครเครื่อง

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back the locked sign on MS Forms !

It used to have a "locked" on forms when I uncheck the "receiving response" now it's gone... I lost the ability to differentiate draft from production forms !

Please bring it back or assign other indicator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Once a form has been submitted, I need to add data. Ex. my teachers log missed prep then office needs to add a a date when prep recovered

Once a form has been submitted, I sometimes need to add data. For example my teachers log missed prep on a form, but then the office needs to add a date when prep was recovered. I have added a question "For Office Use only" but we can't add to a submitted form.... We can only track when the teacher's miss prep, but not when their prep is recovered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Problem while exporting on Excel

Hi team, I have an issue exporting the results of my Form on Excel; some answers come with the number 6 for a rating between 1 and 5 in the question. Where does the 6 come from ? It happened on several questions and with several respondents. We can't rely on false results. Thank you for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow a space from download info in Forms

When using data collected from a form and then you're using the data to share with others, if imported from Excel into a mail merge, then ";" comes after every item that was selected by the person entering the data. Please program a space after ever ";" so that it doesn't end up looking like this:
    ;Task completion for classwork - completes tasks in same time frame as other students;Ability to follow directions;Response to correction;Compliance with classroom rules;Peer interactions;Adult interactions;Participating productively in a group;Demonstrates independence needed to perform tasks within the classroom;

I know this is possible b/c the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copiar y pegar desde Excel para crear múltiples opciones de manera simultánea

En Google cuando copio y pego celda, automáticamente se generan las múltiples opciones. Pero si hace eso aquí, todo se pega en una misma celda.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. połączyć formularz z ankietą w arkuszu excel

połączcie mechanizm formularzy i ankiety w arkuszach online z formularzami, tak aby oba rozwiązania miały taką samą funkcjonalność, a dostęp do pliku z wynikami był z poziomu OneDrive, tak jak ma to miejsce z ankietą w arkuszu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. look at the restrictions

If the restriction is selected as a number then the data populated into excel should be in number format as well to do formulas. Otehrwise you need to change the numbers to number value each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to consume the data stored in my office form AS an external data source in Excel

This will allow me to build "reporting" (i.e. pivot tables, charts, etc.) in excel and then update them without needing to manually download the data and copy/paste it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel Summary to detail questions in order they are, rather than order they were created

Currently when I create an Excel file of responses it lists the columns in the order they were created rather than the order they are currently in. Because I have lots of similar questions that appear throughout my form, I make use of the 'copy question' function and then move the new question to wherever it needs to be. My excel report now doesn't make sense and I have to move the columns around.
    As my form is linked to an Excel document through Sharepoint, why isn't it possible for the Excel document to refresh the column data with the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. to provide option to give a column header name for each question

to provide option to give a column header name for each question such that when exporting the responses in excel the customized header name will appear instead of the question

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Como puedo ir eliminando información que no necesito de los formularios de excel?

Como puedo ir eliminando información que no necesito de los formularios de excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Correct general issues with Excel exports/syncs

Whenever I export Form results to Excel, the data is formatted in a way that makes it difficult to work with. Even if I remove all formats or convert text to numbers, I frequently encounter bugs. F4 doesn't work to lock cells in equations, dates written in MM/DD/YYYY format don't actually convert to dates format even when I remove formatting or change it manually, etc.

Plus, I also find that these document regularly add dead cells hundreds of columns in so that my scroll bar is useless without manually deleting all extra columns. This usually happens with Online Excel documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calculation need to be in the form to create/calculate the number or time

If i have two question regarding to time and i want the subtract value in Question 3 then it need to give the subtraction value of two different question into other question or form input/output.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calculation need to be in the form to create/calculate the number or time

If i have two question regarding to time and i want the subtract value in Question 3 then it need to give the subtraction value of two different question into other question or form input/output.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.