Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow updates/corrections to form entries

Allow an admin to update Forms entries after they've been made. This is essential for scrubbing data that will be pulled into Excel. Often times the person making the entry will get creative or not follow directions and the result is a data entry that is useless and needs to be then cleaned up.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase the number of answer options for one question.

I have 11 answer options for one question. I am getting the error message of "Please reduce the number of question options or text in title/subtitle to save your changes." Since my title is short, I am guessing the number of answers is the issue. This is very inconvenient.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save individual results within the format.

Save individual results within the format in pdf

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue - Grammar in "Between" restriction message for text inputs

For text input, if the restriction "Between" is selected then the input field is populated with the message "Number should between x ~ y", where x and y are your restrictions.

The word "be" is missing and the message should read "Number should be between x ~ y".

Easy mistake, but looks silly if anyone actually reads the message before inputting their values.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pie chart resposes-if 10 questions and yes/no responses then all yes should be blue and all no orange regardless of question number.

Pie chart responses:

10 questions with only yes or no responses. All yes should be blue (one color) and all no should be orange (one color) regardless of question number.

For my survey, whichever had most responses would be reported on the top and in blue. So if no had most response to the answer than no would turn from orange to blue and would be listed first rather than below yes responses.

Keeping it consistent with all yes on top and blue will allow for clearer survey results reporting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Forms in teams does not work for external users in a meeting

When in a meeting with external user, the external user won't be able to send its response to a form created in the meeting with Microsoft Forms integration for Teams (see image herewith).

The form created is available for anonymous user and can be filled in the browser when the link is sent to the user. However it does not work inside teams which is a bug.

There is an error message that is displayed "An error occured..." when the user clicks on the Send button. When looking in the network developper tools, we can see that there is a…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Projection to disable/enable submit another response to be given

Projection to disable/enable submit another response to be given as for some it may not required and it will dilute the survey

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ReOrdering & Inserting Questions

Please add the ability to re-order existing questions and/or insert new questions (other than at the end)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back guest accounts.

Bring back guest accounts. I even called for support and was told there is no way to create an account without giving full admin access.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Issue with the alignment of text in choices

Depending if the choice is on one line or multiple lines, the alignement of the choice is different.

When the choice's text enters on one line, the text is placed next to the radio button or checked box

When the choice's text is splitted on multiple lines, the text is placed under the radio button or cheched box.

This is confusing when in a single questions, all the choices are presented in both alignment.

My opinion would be to always align text next to the radio button or checked box, like bulleted list in Word

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Forms layout breaks down

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Forms のレイアウト崩れについて
    Forms layout breaks down

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms のレイアウトについて、ご利用 PC の解像度によっては、フォームの入力欄と文字が重ねる場合がございます。
    お客様によっては、画面サイズの小さいノート PC をご利用の場合もございますため、あらゆる解像度に対応したレイアウトへの改善を希望いたします。

Depending on the display resolution of the PC being used, the form entry areas and text on the page can overlap in Microsoft Forms layouts.
    Since there are customers who use notebooks with small screens, please make it so that forms are displayed correctly on different screen resolutions.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tracking responses

I am not able to keep track of any responses to my survey, any suggestions for allowing me to track the responses?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make the form printable, not the summary but the whole form

Out team does not always visit sites were a computer or cell can be brought with them and in those cases the form needs to be printed out and filled in manually due to be filled in for real afterwards. as for now we are forced to print screen the form and paste it in to words and then print them, to much work...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microsoft Forms limitations

I am trying the group survey link in MS Forms . after entering some 30 questions with button choices, it showing some error like Microsoft has an OOTB limitation . Is there any limitation that how many questions i can post in a survey or any other settings i need to adjust to post a 100 questions in a survey

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display names in Forms results

■Title(件名):
    Forms による集計時の表示名について
    Display names in Forms results

■Description(内容):
    Forms で作成した課題などの集計結果を確認する際、投稿者の表示名に姓名が登録されている場合、表示名ではなく、姓名が表示されてしまう。投稿者名を表示名で統一するよう、動作改修を要望します。

When viewing combined results from questions created in Forms, if the respondent has registered their surname, then their surname is shown in place of their display name. Please make it so that all respondent names are shown as display names.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide option to delete entries after 300 responses have been recorded

I want to delete entry which is after 300th response but right now there is no option to do except download in excel sheet. This needs to be done every time after downloading the excel sheet.
    This is not a feature, rather a bug. Please give some option to do so soon. Thank you!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Behavior of Forms quizzes with square brackets

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms のクイズの動作について
    Behavior of Forms quizzes with square brackets

■Description(内容):
    クイズの選択肢の設問で、以下の 2 つについての動作を改善するよう要望します。
    *動作 1
    ※ 選択肢の例
    []
    {}
    ()
    "[]" という選択肢を正解に設定し、回答者が "[]" を選択して回答を送信後、[結果の表示] をクリックして採点を確認すると、本来正解であるはずなのに不正解と表示されます。
    "{}"、"()" では、正解と表示されるので、"[]" 特有の動作と思われるので改善を要望します。

*動作 2
    ※ 選択肢の例
    [[1,2,3], [4,5,6]]
    [(1,2,3), (4,5,6)]
    例のように、二重の角括弧 ([[ と ]]) でくくられた選択肢を設定し、回答者が選択をして回答を送信すると、以下のようなエラーメッセージが表示され送信ができません。
    "フォームは最近更新されました。ページを更新して、最新のフォームを読み込んでください。"
    ブラウザーを更新しても、改善されず、[( と )] でくくられた選択肢では、エラーメッセージが表示されることなく送信可能であるため、[[ と ]] でくくられた選択特有の動作と思われるので改善を要望します。

As regards the selection of multiple choice answers, I would like the following two issues to be rectified:
    Number 1:
    Supposing we have three available choices:
    []
    {}
    ()
    We set the [] option as the correct answer, and the user selects [] and submits, when…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please help me with an issue on sharing survey and collecting responses outside my org!

Help! For our company Office365 (for which I am global admin), I have two issues:

1. I am unable to select the radio button that I'd like to gather responses from people outside our organization. One of my team was able to select it--but I can't change it.

2. Even with the radio button selected allowing us to gather responses from outside the organization, the sharing option only allows me to get a link or sharing tool that will gather responses internally. The drop-down menu through which I would select gathering options from outside is grayed out an unselectable.

Help! We have…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duplicate Form

The Duplicate Form options is not longer working for me when someone sends a form to share. I've tried with several different users sharing the duplicate form link

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize "Terms of Use" disclamier

We can customize "Privacy and cookies" disclaimer in Azure AD property. However, "Terms of use" as a disclaimer comes from Microsoft itself and we will not be able to customize it.

Can we add "Terms of use" as the same as other Azure Applications?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.