Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. have the capability to disable or hide questions based on the answers on a previous question

For example, A Form has 5 Questions. Question 1 has 4 choices.

A
    B
    C
    D

When I select A, I want only question 1 and 2 to display and not question 3, 4 and 5.

When I select B, I want only question 1 and 3 to display and not question 2, 4 and 5.

When I select C, I want only question 1 and 4 to display and not question 2, 3 and 5

When I select D, I want only question 1 and 5 to display and not question 2, 3 and 4.

Also, Question 1 is…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. branch diagram (visio maybe?)

i would like the ability to download a diagram of the branching paths so that building conditional responses in FLOW is easier.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can use Branching with sections

It would be very helpful if branching could be used with the new sections rather than just with individual questions. Being able to navigate between sections would support personalisation and differentiation within the classroom

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add conditional branching depending on NPS question

when asking the NPS question, I'd like to branch to a particular question for those who did not answer 9 or 10 such as "what would you like to see to score our service 9 or 10?"

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dependent questions

It would be nice to make dependent questions, the next question depends on my answers to the previous ones.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove submit button that shows after branch questions

Currently, a 'submit' button shows when you get to the first branching question. Why?

Confusing for the user and not required.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. need a option to split by group/section

need a option to split by group/section

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Overall Branching for Questions

In order to have better functionality of the branching feature, it is important that we can branch whole questions to a specific next question or the end of the form. This allows us to create 'sections' of responses within a single form. I seem to be limited to 10 branches within a single question, even if they all have the same destination question afterwards.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Event registration with limited seats and QR ticket for check in upon arrival

Registration form showing number of customers that already have signed up and available seats left. The result should allow the customers to click on the number of people going and see who actually is going, similarly to Meetup. Perhaps with an option to show or hide... Complimenting this whole idea is the generation of a printable and digital ticket with a QR code. The QR code will be used with a QR reader to check in upon arrival.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Branching to Alternate End of Form

If we have a series of qualifying questions it would be great to have an option to branch to alternate endings. For example on an internal form I ask: "Are you the hiring manager?" if the answer is no upon submission I would display "This form must be completed but the hiring manager." If yes I branch to a series of questions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When using branching in a quiz, we lose the feedback. Need to be able to use both

Branching is able to be set up with a quiz, but in the live version the question specific dlfeedback does not show. Would be nice to have the feedback show and then option to move to next question based on branching rules.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support branching based on answer to checkbox question

While branching is great, it lacks support for questions based on multiple answer questions. Here is what I envision:

First, we create a new type of content, called a “part”. A “part” can contain anything a form can currently contain. A part is associated to a specific question when the part is created. Each section within the part “can” be associated with any of the answers to the question in the “part”.

(Standard logic is also applicable within the part, and sections do not “need” to be associated to answers.)

This way, you can use the “Go to” feature any…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add an branching option for questions with multiple answers

Please add an branching option for questions with multiple answers, so you for every option you can go to a next question or a selection of

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Branch based on directory data

In addition to branching on user input, I would like to be able to branch based on directory data. We are an enterprise with Azure AD, and I would like to be able to present different questions based on directory data such as department, title, manager.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make the question submit before branching to the remediation question in branching.

The submits before going to the branched question. That way the student cant go back and change the answer so the branch goes away.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to choose multiple branch for one answer when we use “Branch” in Forms

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Forms の "分岐" 機能で、1つの回答から移動先を複数指定できるようにして欲しい
    Allow us to choose multiple branch for one answer when we use “Branch” in Forms

■Description(内容):
    現時点での Forms にて "分岐" 機能を使用すると、1つの回答から1つの移動先しか設定ができないため、回答にすべて答えていかないと回答者に見せたい質問をすべて表示させるのに手間がかかる。
    1 つの回答で複数の移動先を指定できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

In Microsoft Forms, when the form is used “Branch” feature and I want to show all questions to questioners, I need to answer all questions one by one because only one branch is available for one answer.
    Therefore, please allow us to choose multiple branch for one answer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to add hyperlink into form (to call another FORM or QUIZ) and be able to return back from the called form or quiz

Ability to add hyperlink into form (to call another FORM or QUIZ) and be able to return back from the called form or quiz

This can be conditionally

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. enable multi-page forms with branching

Please enable multi-page branching. For example, a selection from a drop-down list takes the user to a different set of questions, based on the selection.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Branching within Likert Questions

my Idea is to have branching withing Likert question.
    For example-
    1.Are you satisfied with below tools-

Yes   No

MS Project
    MS Excel
    Teams
    2. Why you are not satisfied?
    ( TEXT)

so, in this scenarios , there should be a option , if User is not happy with MS excel and he will select NO, its should go to question 2 ( Why?). If user is satisfied with all the tools , then it should take him/her to end of form.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.