I suggest you ...

Remove the "your response is anonymous" language at the top of the form

We should have the option to decide if we want to show the "your response is anonymous" language at the top of the form rather than it being hard coded into the form.

305 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is really confusing when using Forms to get information from external users.

• Mark Howe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft this is crazy why make it only anonymous and not a choice. It's a minor change so please, please, please can you hurry up and make it.

• Ana Ogier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because it was confusing our clients we needed to write something along those lines
        "Your response is anonymous' is is hard coded into the form, please disregard.

Please Add the option to hide or remove the "Your response is anonymous" header text. We currently use the form as our third-party vendor disclosure questionnaires and the above mentioned disclaimer confuses our vendors.

Agreed -- the "Your response is anonymous" should be an option - I think that this is confusing as I am asking for their name as a question!

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to be able to hide this as we often ask for a name right underneath this statement.

• Ivana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear all,

In my company we use Forms to collect detailed profiles of experts in order to create the expert pool with the option "Anyone with the link can respond".

You understand the we need use mandatory questions such as "Name", "Contact details", etc. Such application form simply can not be anonymous and we already received the feedback from researchers and different professionals from all around the world that the message "Your response is anonymous." in the beginning of the form is rather confusing and unnecessary.

What would be much better, is to have the option to write a short introductory text which would, for example, brief on the purpose of such application form like in mt company's case.

Please make these modifications and options possible, otherwise, we need to shift to SurveyMonkey or similar platform in order to avoid negative feedback.

Thank you for considering this.
        Ivana Vujic

• Per commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must be removed. The audience for many of our Forms is the general public (hence we use the "everyone with the link may answer" option.) However, we want the responder to fill out fields for Name, E-mail address, etc. It is therefore a confusing message to put "your response is anonymous" on top of the Form.

• Mat Jarosz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I definitely support. Very confusing to my users, especially when they are required to give us their details and we are registered under DPA to collect personal information.

We are using forms to gather feedback from customers in order to improve service. We obviously need to share the form outside of our organization, but have respondents to provide their name and company - thus their responses are not anonymous. Could be great if we could replace the text with our own 'terms and conditions'.

• Frank Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, please remove the "your response is anonymous" message in forms, it is confusing when sending the form to users outside of the organisation.

• Philip Worrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to embed this on a website you do not want to see the name or user info.

It should say for internal by answering this form the recipient will automatically receive your name and email address

For anonymous forms you wish to embed make this editable. Since in a lot of cases. The first 2 questions on the form are name and email address. So the current default message does not make any sense.

• Mathias Persson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to use form outside our organisation for events. So we need e-mail and name from responders. So your form is not anonymous but it says so.

It would be great if we could use forms without the text (this form is anonymous)

• AB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, it is very important to make "your response is anonymous" optional, it confuses a lot!

• Mark Rader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have a form asking for Name, Phone, Email address, etc. It is a silly statement to have at the top of the form. But I still need the flexibility to open the response to everyone.

• Alan Cossey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having "Your response is anonymous." is pretty dumb if you ask for details identifying the person filing in the form. Did no-one think this through? It's pretty basic. Yes, tell people if they are on Office 365 and the form will find out their ID automatically, but to tell people that a form is anonymous when it isn't is surely illegal.

• Alan Cossey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The previous three commentators have put this well. Currently, we can't use our form asking for personal details, because it looks so silly. We want to include an email address where we can ask for confirmation that it was filled in by the person who gives their email address. Currently, it is unusable.

• Dominique Aboudaram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Client cannot use it because it is a client registration form and they feel it is exactly the opposite of anonymous response

Please have "your response is anonymous" be an optional field. It look ridiculous when the first question you ask is their name!!

← Previous 1

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.