Take Forms to the next level
This would be invaluable with a few additions:
1) Checkboxes (not just radio)
2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s)
3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb)
4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists"
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching).
6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible
Steph Johnson commented
Particularly interested in the checkboxes feature
That´s what I really need!
Chris Hughes commented
I wish I could vote on this more than once. It really needs the If...then elements to require additional questions or skip to the next
You need to add digital signatures to forms
And definitely need to add ability to turn completed forms into tasks or 'to do' lists.
AND fields for pick hours
AND ... checks with regex
#2 is necessary!! I don't want to have to keep refreshing to see new responses
Allow form to be editable so when used for approvals, the approver could request changes/updates, etc and the form can be "resubmitted"!!!
Another vote for #5. For now I'm getting around this by adding additional questions, but it really messes up formulas in the spreadsheet for tallying answers, e.g., COUNTIF.
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching)
YES! Very much this... please. I want the ability to 'skip' questions depending on which answer is selected.
Henry Smith commented
This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information. I will bookmark your stuff with awesome then others...
Similar to Branching, but more useful for a school setting - the ability to prevent the next question from popping up until the correct answer is given - so you "unlock" the rest of the form or another question.
Brajesh Datt commented
Include Drop down box as well
Steve Spurgeon commented
Need to add a few more.
Add character / word limit or REQUIREMENT to any text entry (short / long)
question requires 8 characters (would not allow proceed without only 7 )
questions required 25 words, but not more than 50
specify character limits per question.
Erica Van Uitregt commented
1) checkboxes already available
2) Email alerts already available
3) File attachments is being worked on - https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/18859033-add-upload-attachment-for-uploading-a-document-im
4) outside the functionality of forms - this can be achieved in Microsoft Flow (if using Microsoft Forms Pro)
5) are you talking about progressive enhancement?
7) remove arbitrary 100 questions limit
Michał Mateusiak commented
+1 for idea 5. Please add conditions to questions, e.g.
If Q1A1 is ticked in multiple choice question, then Q2 is shown.
If Q1A1 is NOT ticked, then Q2 is NOT shown.
Dimitri V. commented
The feature 'paging' should be added too.
Evan H commented
Add a print empty form function
This would be extremely beneficial