I suggest you ...

Take Forms to the next level

This would be invaluable with a few additions:

1) Checkboxes (not just radio)
2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s)
3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb)
4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists"
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching).
6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible

776 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Morrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

re (3) the ability to upload an image as an answer to a question in forms will be useful for a range of applications

• Mike Morrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

File upload is essential, It will allow data integration, and will allow us to keep in the MS suite rather than use other tools for this simple task

• Nicholas Contant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see #3 gain more attention. Linking to cloud storage is not an easy solution as it requires additional steps for the user and adds additional room for user error (applying correct permissions, etc). There is substantial space (1T at my institution) per account in One Drive. Could documents (20-50mb) not be housed there once submitted by a user?

• Martin Sørensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Forms together with Flow. A flow starts whenever a form response is submitted. Flow has many options to trigger email sending, approval flows, adding to other excel sheets, user lookup and much more.
        In combination Forms and Flow can get you very far...

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#5 is mandatory for me. And it can also be used as a password to secure access to the form. If the answer match with your password --> allows access to the rest of the form / If not, close the form.

• Meghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As stated by others 2 is already an option but a great addition would be to change who it is emailed to. Rather than form owner, someone else who has editing rights should be able to have it emailed to them.

• J. R. Brenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3) attaching files gets my biggest vote! I am using google forms (not a google fan here!) I would switch in a second.
        7) Location (GPS - Lat/Long) data auto generated without showing as a question or as a yes/no to include location data.

• Tanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When adding this as a webpart, particularly in the use for polls, we want to be able to display the results after the user has submitted.

• James Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These should really be submitted as separate requests. For example #2 is already there, although not natively with forms. This can be down with Microsoft Flow.

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#5 receives my top vote. I see branching based on the question, but not on the response to the question. For example, if the answer is "Yes" to Question 1, I'd like the user to be routed to Question 2. If the answer to Question 1 is "No", I'd like the user to be routed to Question 3 and to bypass Question 2. Is that already possible?

• Brian Farkas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of these exist. I suggest you explore the product some more.
        1. Multiple choice can have multiple answers, same as checkboxes.
        2. This is an option.
        3. This really is a bad idea. You could link to a document stored in a web location, it is a better practice. Image uploads are already possible if that is your goal.
        4. You can do this using flows.
        5. This is an option already, it is called branching.
        6. This would be nice. But, couldn’t you just make a shared calendar with the due date, and add the link to the form in description?

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to suggest a couple that you have already made so I will vote on the next level of forms as well. I just want to make sure we are on the same page for number 3, I am interested in the end user being able to upload a small picture or two along with their form submission. As for number 5, while I can make branching work, I would also prefer if-then ability to help clean up the form. I currently have a form thats over 20 "questions" long when I really only need to gather about 5 pieces of information. If-then, rather than branching back and forth and around would be much better in this case.

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.