I suggest you ...

Take Forms to the next level

This would be invaluable with a few additions:

1) Checkboxes (not just radio)
2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s)
3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb)
4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists"
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching).
6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible

1,353 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great feedback. For us the lack of reminder option is the most important reason why the users at our university can't use Forms as a serious tool. When they send out a survey to a big group of students or employees it would be far to mush work to manualy remind the ones that have not answerd. We therfore have to use another expensive tools with a different and difficult user interface. If you get a reminder it would be a great function that would help us take advantage of the great tool. The same with the option to see who has answerd and who did not.

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to use Forms quizzes for internal certifications. The functionality we're looking for is not there. We want people to be able to automatically see their results without showing them the correct answers. We want people to have to retake the quiz and seek the correct answers, not just be given the correct answers. Alternatively, if we turn off the 'show results' feature and grade each response manually, when you post the results, the user is not notified it's been posted. If we have to manually grade and post each submission, we would want the user to get notified automatically without us having to follow up with them via email, etc. The best option for us would be to show the results immediately without disclosing the correct answers.

I believe that a limitation in responses for certain questions would also be a beneficial feature.
        For example: You have 10 seats for a specific time slot and people can choose between time slots. However each time slot has only 10 seats so a limitation in responses on such a question would be beneficial. People might enter their name and chose the time slot. Furthermore this combined with an excel export or printing option will vastly improve the organizational features behind forms and the organizers of workshops, events, corporate social initiatives etc.

The branching logic is built-in but a very simple one. When you will build something complex then it doesn't work so please add this asap.

• Clayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old Survey feature in Excel Online was vastly superior to the current Forms experience. I would add "Dropdowns" as an option for Choices because Forms already has a HUGE form factor compared to Survey and I have no idea why those radio buttons have to be spaced so far apart.

Use Flow for sending emails and turning into to-do list. I've got my Form sending email to the requestor, to the owner, and dropping the request into SharePoint for tracking the progress of the ask all from Flow.

I can't do ANYTHING like I could with InfoPath and certainly can't use this product.

you need to look at REAL products in the market and AT LEAST mimic their base features.

This was a Market Rush job. 99% of the functions needs are on a different Dev Branch

1) already possible, just get radio buttons and select 'multiple answers'.
        2) also possible with flow - there are tutorials that help you there
        3) definitely a necessity!
        4) also interesting asset
        5) possible with 'Ramifications' on the upper right corner menu
        6) didn't understand what you mean.

As one commenter noted, some of this is already doable.

1. Checkboxes are in there - an sub-option after you select "choice" (radio buttons)
        2. Email alerts are in there - you can select notification options under Form Settings
        3. Definitely needed
        5. Definitely needed

• Murat A. Vogt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just me? I need also the capability to have eMail verification within the organization to make sure a WF goes through without a stupid error message that a email was spelled wrong..... (especially when the flow builds on my answers in the Forms)

This is Kike Celma (TEM for Microsoft Spain). I would love to share with you the last summary about how Microsoft FORMS could be BEST in CLASS .
        To do that I have asked more than 50 MIE Trainers, 1 University, and a the largest K12 Training Foundation. I would love the FORMS team to take a look

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Checkboxes (not just radio) --> Already available
        2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s) --> Can do it with a Flow
        3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb) --> Working on it (https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/18859033-add-upload-attachment-for-uploading-a-document-im)
        4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists" --> Can do it with a Flow
        5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching). --> How is this different from branching?
        6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible--> Can do it with a Flow

As with the calendar, I would like to have a watch button to insert a time in a field

• Rachel - IT Project Mgr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be ideal if you could have ‘sections’ in the form that either allow users to go to a ‘next’ page to denote another section of the form instead of one long scrolling form.

It would also be helpful to have If, Then sections of each ‘Question’ so that you can denote whether or not a new question is presented or skipped dependent on the previous questions response:

Example: If Question 2 = ‘Yes”, go to Question 3 but if Question 2 = “No”, go to Question 4.

• Charles Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

File upload, with the ability to name the file according to the field name + other fields in the form (upload field = Picture 1 + Name = Joe Shmoe + current extension) produces Joe Smoe Picture 1.jpg). Then store it in OneDrive (even better if a folder can be created).

• David Birdsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of these are very important. Particularly "If this, then" ability within the form so that you can ask detailed follow up questions based on someones answers without having to duplicate the general questions etc. Email/Alert for answers, and saving to an Excel file in Sharepoint are also important.

← Previous 1 3

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.