Take Forms to the next level
This would be invaluable with a few additions:
1) Checkboxes (not just radio)
2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s)
3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb)
4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists"
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching).
6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible
Richard Jones commented
Number 2 is a given, this should be toggled 'on' or 'off' for the form creator and also have the option to add another email address to receive the notifications.
really information blog thanks for it. I am really interested in email alerts.
I think several additions could be made to make it an even more powerful program:
1. Agree...would be nice if the program could serve multiple purposes -- survey tool as well as a digital form.
2. Allow the responses to continue to come in and be amended to a previously saved version. For example: You sent out the form, received 10 responses the first time, saved the form to OneDrive/Sharepoint, and added a column or 2 to track other date. Two weeks later, the form went out again, it generated an additional 20 responses. However, when I open the Excel file to view the new responses, it re-creates a new document, it doesn't add the new responses to the original spreadsheet. There should be a way to link any new responses to the original spreadsheet (Google Forms/Google Drive has this functionality). It is very helpful.
3. When "Other" is provided on a survey form has a potential option, it would be nice if the other option allowed for text so those who are completing the survey can define "other".
I like the check boxes , if offers more than : Yes or No
Files is also part of the capturing of the "data" to be used in the power of BI. Photos is my interest. To capture it for reporting...
It would be good to be able to set a different response if they answer incorrectly. For example, we are using it for COVID-19 screening, and if they answer Yes to any questions,we would like it to say ACCESS DENIED, for example, and send an alert email.
Michael Hawker commented
Is #6 the Microsoft Bookings service or something else?
email alerts when completed to Form owner(s) !
Chase Walters commented
Creating tasks or to dos can be done via power automate. Once a form is submitted the flow can then take that data and populate a MS Planner hub.
Option to include email notification to others, not just the owner/creator of form
I'm interested in the form to be able to do a logical assessment based on some of the responses and show a message "just right after submission of the form". That will be really useful for urgent situations (such as COVID-19 forms).
#2 is a setting on the form now
Using Office Flows can solve #3 & #4
Steph Johnson commented
Particularly interested in the checkboxes feature
That´s what I really need!
Chris Hughes commented
I wish I could vote on this more than once. It really needs the If...then elements to require additional questions or skip to the next
You need to add digital signatures to forms
And definitely need to add ability to turn completed forms into tasks or 'to do' lists.
AND fields for pick hours
AND ... checks with regex
#2 is necessary!! I don't want to have to keep refreshing to see new responses
Allow form to be editable so when used for approvals, the approver could request changes/updates, etc and the form can be "resubmitted"!!!
Another vote for #5. For now I'm getting around this by adding additional questions, but it really messes up formulas in the spreadsheet for tallying answers, e.g., COUNTIF.