Take Forms to the next level
This would be invaluable with a few additions:
1) Checkboxes (not just radio)
2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s)
3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb)
4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists"
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching).
6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible
The branching logic is built-in but a very simple one. When you will build something complex then it doesn't work so please add this asap.
Actually - just discovered that branching logic is built-in (should've googled first). Great quick video on this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUDz0jxX_k
The old Survey feature in Excel Online was vastly superior to the current Forms experience. I would add "Dropdowns" as an option for Choices because Forms already has a HUGE form factor compared to Survey and I have no idea why those radio buttons have to be spaced so far apart.
Use Flow for sending emails and turning into to-do list. I've got my Form sending email to the requestor, to the owner, and dropping the request into SharePoint for tracking the progress of the ask all from Flow.
Jeremy Stewart commented
#5 should have been included before the product even launched. This is basic survey criteria.
I can't do ANYTHING like I could with InfoPath and certainly can't use this product.
you need to look at REAL products in the market and AT LEAST mimic their base features.
This was a Market Rush job. 99% of the functions needs are on a different Dev Branch
1) already possible, just get radio buttons and select 'multiple answers'.
2) also possible with flow - there are tutorials that help you there
3) definitely a necessity!
4) also interesting asset
5) possible with 'Ramifications' on the upper right corner menu
6) didn't understand what you mean.
As one commenter noted, some of this is already doable.
1. Checkboxes are in there - an sub-option after you select "choice" (radio buttons)
2. Email alerts are in there - you can select notification options under Form Settings
3. Definitely needed
5. Definitely needed
Murat A. Vogt commented
Is it just me? I need also the capability to have eMail verification within the organization to make sure a WF goes through without a stupid error message that a email was spelled wrong..... (especially when the flow builds on my answers in the Forms)
This is Kike Celma (TEM for Microsoft Spain). I would love to share with you the last summary about how Microsoft FORMS could be BEST in CLASS .
To do that I have asked more than 50 MIE Trainers, 1 University, and a the largest K12 Training Foundation. I would love the FORMS team to take a look
This would be great. Also, more data types, like datetime format.
1) Checkboxes (not just radio) --> Already available
2) email alerts when completed to Form owner(s) --> Can do it with a Flow
3) Ability to attach files (20-50mb) --> Working on it (https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/18859033-add-upload-attachment-for-uploading-a-document-im)
4) Ability to turn completed forms into tasks or "to do lists" --> Can do it with a Flow
5) "if this... then" when creating the questions would be great. So some questions might "unlock" other questions.(slightly different than branching). --> How is this different from branching?
6) ability to link dates to a shared calendar (making due dates and reminders possible--> Can do it with a Flow
Has this been updated yet
As with the calendar, I would like to have a watch button to insert a time in a field
Rachel - IT Project Mgr commented
It would be ideal if you could have ‘sections’ in the form that either allow users to go to a ‘next’ page to denote another section of the form instead of one long scrolling form.
It would also be helpful to have If, Then sections of each ‘Question’ so that you can denote whether or not a new question is presented or skipped dependent on the previous questions response:
Example: If Question 2 = ‘Yes”, go to Question 3 but if Question 2 = “No”, go to Question 4.
Charles Daniels commented
File upload, with the ability to name the file according to the field name + other fields in the form (upload field = Picture 1 + Name = Joe Shmoe + current extension) produces Joe Smoe Picture 1.jpg). Then store it in OneDrive (even better if a folder can be created).
David Birdsall commented
All of these are very important. Particularly "If this, then" ability within the form so that you can ask detailed follow up questions based on someones answers without having to duplicate the general questions etc. Email/Alert for answers, and saving to an Excel file in Sharepoint are also important.
Wonderful list of features to have... Please provide work on these features. It helps a citizen developer so much on the above features.
I would also like to see the ability to attach files to the (completed) form.
Is it possible to add an active directory or list of options outside of Forms as a drop down function in choice questions?
IMHO, forms is like so minimalistic at this point it is no worth using. To take it to the next level you need:
- Tabs for separating info
- the ability to insert links in text
- the ability to add additional areas of text so you can give instructions for different areas of a form
- calculations in fields