I suggest you ...

Transfer of ownership

Add ability to transfer ownership of form to another person. Useful for when a person leaves the company or changes roles and form ownership needs to transfer to another person.

1,861 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcus Hamilton-Mills shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Forms customers:

In addition to transferring forms to a group of your choice, the company’s administrator can now have better data management with the admin ownership transfer capability. When an employee leaves the company or an account is de-activated, the global administrator can prevent data loss by moving the forms to the administrator’s account.

Now Forms support move “My From” to “Group Form”, as well as admin ownership transfer. Please take this survey and let us know with these features meet your asks – https://aka.ms/formstransfer.

Regards,
Microsoft Forms Team

115 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a form is moved to a Group, there should be a facility to transfer it to an Individual again as well. I have seen that to be missing.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I submitted this feedback to the survey, but wanted to post it here as well for others to see.

In addition to current functionality of being able to transfer "My Form" to "Group Form" and an administrator being able to take ownership of a form or move to a Group Form that he or she is a member of, we need the following functionality:

1) A global administrator (or other administrator roll with permissions) needs to be able to transfer a form from anyone's individual ownership "My Form" to anyone else's individual ownership "My Form"
    2) A global administrator (or other administrator roll with permissions) needs to be able to transfer a form from anyone's individual ownership to any group's "Group Form", not just a group they (the administrator) are a member of
    3) A global administrator (or other administrator roll with permissions) needs to be able to transfer a form from anyone's from any group's "Group Form", to any other group's "Group Form", not just a group they (the administrator) are a member of
    4) An individual needs to be able to transfer ownership from "My Form" to another individual "My Form"
    5) An individual who is an owner of a group should be able to transfer ownership from a group's "Group Form", to another to another group that they are owner of's "Group Form"

Jared

• Lucian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice work for "move to" option that can be "expanded" with the "move to another owner"... ;-)
    Would be nice also with "move to" when moving to a group to be able to move it from a group to another group that took "ownership" of that form.

• Thom McKiernan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now available, you just need to go to a special link as a global admin. Details are at this link but also copied below: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/transfer-ownership-of-a-form-921a6361-a4e5-44ea-bce9-c4ed63aa54b4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

What if a form owner has left my organization? How can I transfer their form?
    To transfer the form of someone who has left your organization, the following requirements must be met:

You are the global administrator of the organization and have a valid Forms license.

The employee whose form you want to transfer has an account that has been deleted or disabled.

The form is transferred within 30 days of when an account was deleted.

Note: There is no time restriction to transfer ownership of a form from an account that has been disabled (and not deleted).

If all requirements are met, you may transfer form ownership. In the address bar of your browser, replace the existing URL with the following:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/delegatepage.aspx?originalowner=[email address]

Note: email address = Email address of the form owner that has left your organization and/or whose account has been disabled.

For example, if the form owner ("Jason Fabian") left your organization ("Contoso"), your workaround URL would look like this:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/delegatepage.aspx?originalowner=JasonFabian@contoso.com

You now have access to the former employee's forms. On the form you want to transfer, click More form actions More options button , and then select Move.

• Udo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I prevent people from deleting group forms?(because everyone who opens the tab "group forms", in Windows Forms, can see and delete all group forms.)
    And why can i move them from my form to the group forms but not the other way around?

• Brad Federwisch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to get an update on this? We have an increasing number of requests for Form ownership changes due to active owners changing roles within the organization that need a form reassigned - either for their new role or as part of transitioning out of their prior role.

• Joseph Boland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully what you are working on is transfer of ownership from/to any person OR group.

The very best case would be to establish role-based access controls. This is a feature that, if done properly, would justify charging for a pro version if bundled with additional advanced features.

• Gavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Admin, I can't access the form link above.
    Does the ownership of this form need to be transferred so we can fill the form in?

• Colleen Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For many of the reasons already stated, this is an important feature to be able to access Forms that someone didn't share the edit link with others prior to leaving the company. No update since December 2018 when the status is WORKING ON IT seems tone deaf.

someone must have left and not shared the form.

From a Administrators stand point, we get requests to share individual users forms that have left the company with others, as they are related in job function. The ability to manage this via administration would solve wasting time trying to recreate a form by someone else in the department.

"You don’t have permission to view this form"
    This link does not work for providing further feedback.
    I inquired many months ago about this ability - and am now changing roles and have to pass these forms along to someone else - or we LOSE ALL THE DATA. Not to mention added cost of having to reprint the posters with the QR codes on them throughout the building asking for building resident feedback if the new person has to recreate new forms with new codes.

An ex-colleague who left the company in November created a survey but didn't pass on the results before he left, is it possible to get access to the survey and therefore the results?

I don't have permissions to access this ownershiptranfer form to provide feedback. Please grant me access. Thank you.

• Patrick Mishel Rajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving to Group form is working. Thank You. You can actually Copy the form and then Move it. That will help if you accidentally Moved the form.

• Judi Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful in a corporate environment to be able to transfer ownership to a group rather than an individual, which could minimise the need for transfer later. Flow has this feature, where a Flow can be assigned to a group or a SharePoint Site, and it would make sense for Forms to have it too.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.