Transfer of ownership
Add ability to transfer ownership of form to another person. Useful for when a person leaves the company or changes roles and form ownership needs to transfer to another person.
Dear Forms users,
Forms has shipped the first version of “Transfer of ownership” functionality in two releases to unblock a portion of our users.
1. Move personal form to your group: https://aka.ms/ownershiptransfer-blog
2. Admin to move Forms ownership of your employee: https://aka.ms/admintransfer-blog
This User Voice item will be closed. At the same time, we understand that we have not yet solved the issue 100%, hence we will continue to work on the other parts and encourage you to vote for the other User Voice items. Here is a link to vote for person to person ownership transfer – https://aka.ms/vote-person-to-person-transfer.
Microsoft Forms Team
Totally NOT DONE
This is not completed. Please add the ability to reverse the transfer if needed !!!
We would really need an option to at least use role based access to edit the forms. This should not be considered complete, so many needed options missing. If you want us to use your forms you need to give us more control as well. I also agree with Stephens ideas
What about moving from one group to another?
Andy Z. commented
Supporting the idea of Stepen from Wednesday, 17th of July 2019, to 100%!
This is an incomplete solution and needs to be re-evaluated.
Capabilities still needed:
1) Transfer forms from user-to-user, not just from user-to-group.
2) Transfer from Group to an individual user. What if a user mistakenly transfers a form? The ability to reverse the transfer is needed.
3) Transfer from Group-to-Group. Again, this is needed, at the very least, to correct mistakes.
4) Transfer functionality should be built into all Forms users, with admins able to allow/disallow users/roles the ability.
a j commented
this is silly. What if they are on leave? what if they are on maternity leave? what if they are ill for a long period of time???? how can you transfer or add owners to the form. An admin centre is needed just like PowerApps. All 365 services require an admin centre for each service.
Matt HOuston commented
Unsure what the point of this is. Why is global admin 'move' feature tied to a user being deleted or disabled? This should be a feature globally available to the admins at any time.
As a global admin I need full control over all data and functionality in the tenant.
Steve Gilbert commented
Can you transfer a form group the ownership of one group to the ownership of another group?
Where is this?
If a form is moved to a Group, there should be a facility to transfer it to an Individual again as well. I have seen that to be missing.
Jared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented
I submitted this feedback to the survey, but wanted to post it here as well for others to see.
In addition to current functionality of being able to transfer "My Form" to "Group Form" and an administrator being able to take ownership of a form or move to a Group Form that he or she is a member of, we need the following functionality:
1) A global administrator (or other administrator roll with permissions) needs to be able to transfer a form from anyone's individual ownership "My Form" to anyone else's individual ownership "My Form"
2) A global administrator (or other administrator roll with permissions) needs to be able to transfer a form from anyone's individual ownership to any group's "Group Form", not just a group they (the administrator) are a member of
3) A global administrator (or other administrator roll with permissions) needs to be able to transfer a form from anyone's from any group's "Group Form", to any other group's "Group Form", not just a group they (the administrator) are a member of
4) An individual needs to be able to transfer ownership from "My Form" to another individual "My Form"
5) An individual who is an owner of a group should be able to transfer ownership from a group's "Group Form", to another to another group that they are owner of's "Group Form"
Nice work for "move to" option that can be "expanded" with the "move to another owner"... ;-)
Would be nice also with "move to" when moving to a group to be able to move it from a group to another group that took "ownership" of that form.
Thom McKiernan commented
This is now available, you just need to go to a special link as a global admin. Details are at this link but also copied below: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/transfer-ownership-of-a-form-921a6361-a4e5-44ea-bce9-c4ed63aa54b4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
What if a form owner has left my organization? How can I transfer their form?
To transfer the form of someone who has left your organization, the following requirements must be met:
You are the global administrator of the organization and have a valid Forms license.
The employee whose form you want to transfer has an account that has been deleted or disabled.
The form is transferred within 30 days of when an account was deleted.
Note: There is no time restriction to transfer ownership of a form from an account that has been disabled (and not deleted).
If all requirements are met, you may transfer form ownership. In the address bar of your browser, replace the existing URL with the following:
Note: email address = Email address of the form owner that has left your organization and/or whose account has been disabled.
For example, if the form owner ("Jason Fabian") left your organization ("Contoso"), your workaround URL would look like this:
You now have access to the former employee's forms. On the form you want to transfer, click More form actions More options button , and then select Move.
How can I prevent people from deleting group forms?(because everyone who opens the tab "group forms", in Windows Forms, can see and delete all group forms.)
And why can i move them from my form to the group forms but not the other way around?
Brad Federwisch commented
Is it possible to get an update on this? We have an increasing number of requests for Form ownership changes due to active owners changing roles within the organization that need a form reassigned - either for their new role or as part of transitioning out of their prior role.
Joseph Boland commented
Hopefully what you are working on is transfer of ownership from/to any person OR group.
The very best case would be to establish role-based access controls. This is a feature that, if done properly, would justify charging for a pro version if bundled with additional advanced features.
Hi Admin, I can't access the form link above.
Does the ownership of this form need to be transferred so we can fill the form in?
Colleen Parker commented
For many of the reasons already stated, this is an important feature to be able to access Forms that someone didn't share the edit link with others prior to leaving the company. No update since December 2018 when the status is WORKING ON IT seems tone deaf.
Eric Davis commented
Cannot access the survey https://aka.ms/forms-ownershiptransfer . We need to transfer ownership of forms for some active employees.