I suggest you ...

Transfer of ownership

Add ability to transfer ownership of form to another person. Useful for when a person leaves the company or changes roles and form ownership needs to transfer to another person.

1,397 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcus Hamilton-Mills shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris Harding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This absolutely should be done, as an admin I should be able to see all forms created in my organisation and their results. As well as being able to transfer the ownership of a form to another user when someone leaves.

• Custie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only is this very poor design, but you leave the Form active for 30 days after the person leaves, will zero notification and when the 30 days is up after they have left, you just get "Form doesn't Exist". Kind of embarrassing of Microsoft to release such a solution, clearly not ready for any kind of enterprise deployment.

• Cassie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this will help someone else but if you have Microsoft Teams you are able to collaborate and have more than one person working on a form or give it to a specific person.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is necessary. People change roles or leave companies - forms need to be able to to passed on to other users.

• Graham Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving forms doesn't work if you are at the 200 forms limit. Get the generic "Something went wrong / Session ID" error message. Deleting a form to trash doesn't help. Deleting Trash does!

So … if you hit this limit you currently will need to permanently delete a form (hope its not valuable) so you can them move some.

Suggested fix
        1. Don't count recycle bin forms as part of the 200 limit
        2. Let forms by moved even if you have 200.
        3. Increase the 200 limit to much larger (always found this to small anyway - but with a larger limit, like 1000, would be less likely for someone to have this many before wanting to move some)

• Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need to transfer a form from an individual to a group so that we can all access information and receive notifications. Many thanks!

we had to stop using forms due to simple things like this. Admins have no control if someone was to leave. So we have to keep account active so that we can login as them and add owners otherwise its gone. How about make an admin portal like flow????? just copy it, it shouldnt be too difficult

This would be a very useful feature! I basically create the forms; but once completed and approved, I would like to transfer ownership to someone else in my group.

• Darren Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful as Departmental leads will change over the course of a project. For instance when the data collection phase ends and the results interpretation begins.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unclear why this wasn't included in the first place. Survey ownership must change as teachers, employees or stakeholders shift.

• Chelsie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a desperate need for us! We need to be able to transfer our personal forms over to our group.

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just received a request from a senior director to retrieve results out of a Forms form that was set up by a former employee. Very disappointed to learn how little admins are able to assist their end users for this application.

Dude, you need to stop thinking about this and do it. We now have several forms created by several users and what happens if any one of them leaves the company? They stop working! I one becomes sick....we have no ideas if the forms are beeing used!? Please see to this as soon as possible.

We also need to transfer a form from an individual to a group so that we can all access information and receive notifications. Many thanks!

The CIO has several ideas for great use of forms/quizzes, so it'd be extremely advantageous to transfer ownership or allow a role in which he can view results. I won't ask him to recreate what I've already created.

• Jesus Morales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have many personal forms which I would like to add to my group forms without having to create it all over again. Please allows us the ability to copy a form over to the Group Forms selection so that everyone in the group has access to it without the need of having to redo the form.

• Frustrated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about I created a form for my boss? seems like that would be pretty common. how do I transfer ownership? If the Form is already created, how do I add it to a group? If these things are possible, they're super simple... ugh.

• Patrick Mishel Rajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the ways to share a form is to create a Group and add members to the group. In that way the form stays there and anyone can be added to the group or removed from the group. I hope this will solve the question of ownership. But one of the features missing is to copy the form from the individual account to the Group Forms. Now we have to duplicate it manually. If there was a feature to copy the form to the Group, it would be great.

• Deon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also comes in handy for those of us that create forms for other people that are intimidated by such things. Would be nice to create the form on my computer and transfer ownership to them instead of having to sit at their computers and use their logins to create a form that they will monitor. Also if they leave then I have to do it all over again for the next person, a real pain in the a**. Sometimes these forms are collecting private info from employees that I have no business seeing, so I really don't want to be notified when they are filled in just because I created it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.