I suggest you ...

Transfer of ownership

Add ability to transfer ownership of form to another person. Useful for when a person leaves the company or changes roles and form ownership needs to transfer to another person.

638 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcus Hamilton-Mills shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil Detweiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked that this simple thing apparently cannot be accomplished. I work in a large health system and the use case for Forms would involve my assisting many different nurse directors or other department heads create and embed quizzes and forms. Once set up, I am not interested in receiving response emails or even viewing the responses. I need to be able to help these users get started with the goal of then turning it over to them, instructing them on how to view their responses and update their questions and answers. As others have indicated, this makes this product almost useless. Why would the dev team be "thinking about it" when it is obvious that this cannot be used the way it is... people come and go and move around in large organizations every day. What am I missing?

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System allows for adding a new owner to the workbook, but when that new owner accesses the form via the workbook, they get an error. NOTE: It is an EXTREMELY CUMBERSOME task to change the owner on the workbook. Once you have added an editor to a document, you should be able to click on their access in manage access and see view, edit, owner. Quick easy way to make someone an owner. Google has way outdone you on this one. For forms, we definitely need to be able to change ownership or give ownership to multiple people. When someone leaves the organization or changes job roles, those external facing forms currently can't be accessed by anyone else. This is a real problem for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change the ability for one person creates the form, another person receives the response data. Add a drop down option, send to another user for responses. This would be helpful.

• Roo Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I can change the ownership of a Team, a SharePoint site. If I can add and delete delegates in a mailbox, it is an incomplete product if I cannot do the same thing with a Form.

User leaves the company or goes on leave, new owner required. Team members are changed and new owner needs to manage.

Best scenario would be for multiple owners as there are for Teams. Anything else reduces the usefulness of Forms as an enterprise tool.

I am leaving my company soon and need to have some Forms I've created transferred to a group or another individual. This is extremely important.

Is there a way through Powershell?

• kirsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have spent hours setting up forms to find out that i cannot allow anyone to access any form responses that have been submitted, I am the only who can receive and see responses, makes this basically useless.

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments here. Forms appears to be more a personal app rather than useful for enterprise. I created a form and was using it v successfully ( from a user point of view it cant be beaten ) but need to allocate 'admin' rights to my colleagues when I'm on leave.

This would be great as well for when a staff member leaves the company, then the Form can be in a centralized OneDrive or location that would still allow edits and to gather responses. I've created a "Form" user account for just the creation of Forms, but then have to get creative when it comes to Inbox Rules of that account to re-distribute the email notifications that come in. Form A response comes in and then gets forwarded and then Form B response comes in and then gets forwarded to another person or distribution list.

That costs extra money because it ties up an account, but I'm sure the backend of this would be tricky. Thankfully we are under an educational plan, which I'm thankful for every day.

• ganesh dabholkar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One user has left the company and we don't have any way of taking ownership to see underline data .
        As a global admin , i should be able to see the respinses

• Scott Sears commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some reason, I didn't see some of the comments that already recommended this. You man deny this and my last comment.

• Scott Sears commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only that, but why not allow us to add another user to collaborate with, rather then just a collaborative link.
        Links can get buried in message, email etc. Having access to forms "shared with me" makes them easy to find with relying on user for management and "looking" for that link to that collaborative form.

• Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great suggestion - especially in my organisation where IT will set-up the form, but needs to be handed to the operations teams to manage
        This is another reason why 'forms' isn't enterprise-ready yet. Seems set-up mainly for a single home user.

• Elinor Marina Engström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It makes no sense that this feature isn't already implemented. It actually makes the whole application rather useless. We need to be able to set a new owner to a form if somone quits or changes position within the company. We also need to be able to have an administrator set up a form, but have the replies got to another person/new owner.

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.