I suggest you ...

Transfer of ownership

Add ability to transfer ownership of form to another person. Useful for when a person leaves the company or changes roles and form ownership needs to transfer to another person.

934 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcus Hamilton-Mills shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scenario: An individual user creates a form under their account. The form should belong to one of the organizations groups. Having the ability to transfer the ownership of the form from a user to a group would be very useful.

Additionally, supporting the original suggestion transferring from one user to another when responsibility for the form changes (change of jobs, projections, or leaving).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Abandoning a recent project simply because this isn't supported. This seems like common sense.

This is such an important feature! Implementing this in the product would be a huge benefit.

• Andrew CNIB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolutely essential function for the Forms environment. Without it, Forms is not useful beyond small, inconsequential use. Google has had this feature in their docs environment for years already. Please implement it here asap.

• Chantelle Janelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently have this request from a staff member who is leaving. She has created a form useful to our organization. If I'm not going to be able to transfer ownership, is there any guidance on what to do in this situation?

• Robin McGivern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree "My Forms" forms should be transferrable to "Group Forms" if that can be done by changing ownership than that would be fine.

• John Guilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should me able to move forms from "My Forms" to "Group Forms" if that can be done by changing ownership than that would be fine.

Please make this something we can do! I made a form and I cannot have my team collaborate on it at all and there's zero option of moving the form into the group forms area.

This needs to happen. If an employee leaves that started a form (and then have a flow built off it) it would require rebuilding the whole thing for another employee!

• Chris Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous, when an employee leaves a company, there needs to be a way of transferring ownership of a form, otherwise the new person responsible of the form will have to recreate the form again, this is a waste of time and effort!

Why is the ability to change ownership of a form not already possible? Why has it taken so long to get this implemented, this has been going on for too long now, Microsoft please can this be resolved.

• Ervin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to transfer ownership of some active forms to a newly created MS Team.

• Clarence Nnane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copying or moving form from personal to group forms is very essential. I would be happy when this option is available. I can't wait!

• Cary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We created a Group Form in Sharepoint, but in order to create a Flow so that responses of the Form can be emailed to the person submitting as a point of record, we are unable to do so as the Form can't be transferred to an individual. It would be very helpful to have a transfer of ownership as it appears that Flows are only created with My Forms not Group Forms. Thank you!

There must be an option to promote a Forms file from My forms to Group forms without a need to recreate it.
        Duplicating it doesn't quite cut it, as it is one person ownership still. Please fix it ASAP.

• Bibhu Panigrahi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When group forms were not available, we created many forms in My Forms space. Now that group forms are available, we want most of them to be owned by groups. If we have to redo all those forms in group forms space, what's the benefit for earlier users? Does Microsoft target only completely new users every time it adds new features to its tools?

← Previous 1 3

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.