I suggest you ...

ability to e-mail user's responses back them

ability to e-mail user's responses back them, of course the user has to put the e-mail as on of the questions. Also a way to put this at the end of form. "A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided." MICROSOFT FORMS MUST be better than Google forms/surveys! Google forms has that option. See example.

1,432 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rey Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must feature.
        Example, you created an audit form for your employees or for a process within your company. After you did an audit, you want to send the result to a person. There should be an option to add an email address where you want the result of that particular audit to be sent to afterward.

This would serve as a receipt - the same concept when you are withdrawing money from an ATM. As an individual, you would want proof that you have been audited by a certain individual and which would show the performance item by item.

• RobElliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can already be built very easily for those who have/use Flow. We use it all the time for our surveys in Forms as the Flow email allows us to add the company logo and other information into the email to the respondent together with the questions and their responses.

• Joan Perkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new email receipt feature seems to be routing the email receipts to me, not the respondent.

• Ros Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering if and when this feature will be available! Could really use it soon!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am having issues. The "send email receipt to respondents" option and checkbox is displayed but I can't check it. So close...

• c huxtable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

doesn't work - box is available to tick when form is being created, but email is not being sent to form respondents

Worked absolutely spot on for us, very many thanks for making this change, super useful great work Forms Team!

• Phil May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice try - as in this would probably work for the majority of users. However we're 'awkward' in that we do not have the same values for our User Principle Name and Email address (ie the username that users log in with is NOT their email address@ourdomain.com)

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that this was because the responses were picking up UPN rather than the 'email' or possibly even the primary SMTP address from Office 365 presence data.

Oddly it's not a total bust. The form does indeed email the form creator to tell them that new responses have been received, so it's able to decode the presence data for the form creator OK - just not respond back to the person filling in the form (I'm willing to accept that we're just awkward and that nothing could be done to re-engineer this solution to target the email address or a routable address in some way but UPN isn't going to do it for us :)

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems Microsoft Forms have added this functionality for some users. I literally had it from one moment to the next, and now it's gone again. I even was able to try out the feature once, before it went away. So it seems they're in the final stretches for this.

• Andy Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I am enquiring to see if there has been any progress with this following the survey? This is a tool we could really do with for what we use forms for.

I can see lots of options for including mail response or flow functions that would allow us to send an email to a user who answers survey questions a certain way - To new employees - Do you know the HR policy (yes) send a happy face and thanks (no) send them to the policy. To all employees as a reminder about a change, a new feature, or anything we want to try to get in their face without all the details of the actual email - which they never read if its more than a couple words.

• Leonard Zdrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Forms has a function where the filler of the form can enter an email address of someone, the function validates if it is a valid email address, and then the form results can be emailed to that email address. Although I have a flow set up now that sends the form results into an email to me, I still have to bounce the email back to various stakeholders.

It would be awesome if the filler could enter the email addresses to route and then I would not have to bounce each one to get the distribution I would like to see.

回答者が回答の内容を控えとして残しておく必要があるケースが多いですね。

• Mark Butt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've built an auto-response template with Microsoft Flow, along with a little convert tool which changes the form time stamp from the default UTC time zone to my local one. It works perfectly and is far superior to my experience with Google Forms as I can also BCC the form responses to other e-mail addresses not to mention include all sorts of HTML in my auto-response template such as images, links, etc.

• Jose R Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of right now it's really hard for our various Admin in our district to leave Google Forms. Principals are required to conduct classroom walkthroughs, they are then required to provide feedback to the teacher being surveyed. They would like the ability to have the results sent to that teacher , right after the survey is completed. As of right now Google Forms has you beat, and we cannot offer Principals a solution. We even tried looking at Flow to automate the process and no luck. We reached out to Microsoft over 18 months ago. If someone here has had some success using flow please reach out to me. JRG @ fusd. net

← Previous 1 3 4

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.