I suggest you ...

ability to e-mail user's responses back them

ability to e-mail user's responses back them, of course the user has to put the e-mail as on of the questions. Also a way to put this at the end of form. "A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided." MICROSOFT FORMS MUST be better than Google forms/surveys! Google forms has that option. See example.

615 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like our forms to email individuals assigned to dealing with the responses. The IT department tend to set these up on behalf of other users. Its the other users that need the response feedback and not just the individual that filled the form in. This would streamline our GDPR breach reporting interface, where hopefully teams can then respond and report to the ico within the 72 hour time period.

• Natalia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cuando una persona responde a tu cuestionario a través de Forms, que la aplicación se capaz de enviar un mensaje automático de vuelta. Por ejemplo, de agradecimiento por haber contestado a la encuesta. Que este mensaje sea modulable por la persona que crea la encuesta.

• Per commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important, and is why Google forms is still used in some cases.

Without the ability to do this, Microsoft Forms does not work for our needs. My IT department and I have both been unable to create a flow to perform this necessary function as well.

• Ana Ogier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to be able to send an email to the sender of the form acknowledging that we have receive their form.
        The same as google form or webinars software

• David Brotherton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love for the submitter to be emailed a copy of the form or some kind of confirmation it has been received.

• Erin Corrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We put out a new form 6-8 times per year, and no two are alike; therefore each form's email setup is different, too. We're getting complaints about the difficulty to create the emails in Flow (for one, why are the questions in alphabetical order?) AND about reading the emails generated because the formatting is so difficult.

If anyone has a workaround that would work for any form, please, please post!

• MILAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The user needs to have a copy of what they submitted. Not just the responses. If this exact thing can be done simply in Flow, please post instructions.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've pretty Office and 365 savvy and I cannot figure out how to get an automated printout of this form through Microsoft Flow.

Regarding @Erin's comment, how on earth do I format the questions so that they show up?

Do I have to create an action step for each answer to the form?

All-in-all it would be REALLY helpful to be able to more easily get the person's responses, for record keeping for the creator of the form and entrant of the form.

• Erin Corrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please! It's WAY too complicated in Flows, especially for long forms -- you have to manually add every response variable (and they're not even in the same order in which they appear on the forms!) AND you have to retype every question into the body of the email.

• Rory Neary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I would suggest that you request their email and use flow to send an email back to them.

• Shawn Line commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES
        This is especially important in the way i'm using them becuase it want them to see their responses and be able to tchek them

Would also appreciate the user having the ability to edit and resubmit their response!

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea. We are exploring using Forms for skills self-assessment. A part of that process is reviewing how a person self assesses with their manager. Automating the ability to review the individuals results via email will really simplify this process.

← Previous 1

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.