I suggest you ...

Add ability to insert sections, titles and instructional text

Make it possible to add sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3) before or between questions, with the ability to provide "sub-title" text. For example, a section providing instructions for the next few questions.

2,717 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hugo Bernier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

194 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for an update on this one, please.

This is one of many great features that would allow my organization to adopt MS Forms completely. Right now, we are still using a combination of solutions to account for the lack of functionality in Forms (ie: add attachments, better layout options, etc).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft,

Is there an update or estimate for this feature? Seems simple enough to implement and this has been open for quite a while..

• Rey Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft!
        What is the update on this one? I think 4 months is quite enough to gather samples and justifications from people in this chat thread. It would be great to have this feature as it is basic in all of the online forms that I have used and came across so far.

bis wann wird denn das umgesetzt? Könnte es aktuell ganz dringend brauchen - Danke

• Robert Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a workaround using branching (Do you want to see instructions? Y/N) and then put the instructions in the explanation box for a long answer question, with a "Use the space below to let us know if something is unclear", but it's not ideal. Having the ability to add a dedicated text box for instructions, definitions, etc. would be far better.

Although for some, creating themes for various forms is helpful, I work for a company, and the theme color is basically the logo of the title as far as I know. Since we are branded, I use the same color on every from as part of the identification of the form as an internal survey.

• Melissa Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a customizable section that will allow for text or template such as a certificate of completion. Thank you very much.

Needs the ability to add sections and custom textboxes. Very basic as it stands, and not very useful.

This would be great, I regulary want to add a text box as an option with Mutichoice eg if answered NO please comment (at the moment I have to create a separate question for the text option)

It would also be extremely helpful to be able to add an image with a header.

It's odd that it is called "Forms" but these basic form capabilities aren't there...

• Allison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely important for our organization. Our new favorite buzzword is 'gamification' and in its current state, Forms is not capable of creating the type of fun forms that we use during training seminars, etc. I have completed the survey and provided a link to a very interesting google form we created that functions as a training exercise. This needs to be implemented if we have any hope of getting folks to migrate to Forms in the next year.

@Zhongzhong, maybe Kathyl (who is the admin/moderator for the suggestion to "add pictures and documents") is just sitting beside you. Do me a favor and tell her that the comment thread for that suggestion had reached to thousands. It could be that she has been moved to another assignment, moved to another company etc. Microsoft should look into it as it is the number one most suggested feature to be added. Tell your boss to look into it, please. And whoever is slacking in your team needs to be called for an employee engagement.

Finally! Someone at least listed or checked their mailbox.
        I replied to the survey with links of Forms and Assessments I did in Google Forms

• Ahmad Khalil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The title explains everything, the form is not really helping without instructions or creating sections, we should be able to add instructions and add section titles.

• Debra Currie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to provide another use case, this is also important for Knowledge capture to give guidance on what type of info eg if you are trying to capture Case Studies. Forms are so much more than surveys

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.