I suggest you ...

Add ability to insert sections, titles and instructional text

Make it possible to add sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3) before or between questions, with the ability to provide "sub-title" text. For example, a section providing instructions for the next few questions.

2,997 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hugo Bernier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

207 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Forms would benefit HUGELY bu being able t add sections of text (instructions etc.), and even more so if this was editable (font colour, type, size etc.) No brainer really!

• Samuel Mueller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frustrating: If you begin with a section you have to hit next to begin the survey to get to the first section????

• Neha Rathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to have sections in Microsoft Forms so that depending on criteria user can select group of question they would like to submit. For example in a test if we have 3 sections and user would like to complete second section set of questions first then should be able to do that.
    Please let us know when are you planning to roll out this feature.

• Betty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! any updates on the ability to add sections/pages to a survey?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just read through the comments stemming back to 2017. Looks like Microsoft aren't going to bother implementing such a simple fix.

I'm off to use Google Forms instead :)

• Nathan Crum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with those sections please allow advance field layouts so that questions can be set to a grid of some sort to allow for side by side questions and more advanced logical grouping of questions.

I think this feature issue should be linked to https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/37071541-branching-in-multiple-choice-questions as it would be nice to display sections based on multiple selections in a questions (e.g. in what areas do you have experience? Pick 3 out of 10 and only see these 3 according sections

• Natacha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to just add text, like thank you for filling in the form or instructions, thanks,

it would also be nice if there were some formatting options for the instructional text (like bold, italic, a list formatting, if you want to introduce the user to the form and explain some steps, or similar)

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any further update on this? These are some basics here hat I would really like to see in MS Forms - we are integrating this across our organisation to use Teams, but I am struggling to get everything into the form that I need and therefore it's lacking functionality.

Hoping that this is in the works to be released soon. Would like to see new features that allow us to include headings/ group questions types together. We currently use different products as well, and some of the others are more robust.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for an update on this one, please.

This is one of many great features that would allow my organization to adopt MS Forms completely. Right now, we are still using a combination of solutions to account for the lack of functionality in Forms (ie: add attachments, better layout options, etc).

Hey Microsoft,

Is there an update or estimate for this feature? Seems simple enough to implement and this has been open for quite a while..

• Rey Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft!
    What is the update on this one? I think 4 months is quite enough to gather samples and justifications from people in this chat thread. It would be great to have this feature as it is basic in all of the online forms that I have used and came across so far.

bis wann wird denn das umgesetzt? Könnte es aktuell ganz dringend brauchen - Danke

• Robert Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a workaround using branching (Do you want to see instructions? Y/N) and then put the instructions in the explanation box for a long answer question, with a "Use the space below to let us know if something is unclear", but it's not ideal. Having the ability to add a dedicated text box for instructions, definitions, etc. would be far better.

Although for some, creating themes for various forms is helpful, I work for a company, and the theme color is basically the logo of the title as far as I know. Since we are branded, I use the same color on every from as part of the identification of the form as an internal survey.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.