I suggest you ...

Add ability to insert sections, titles and instructional text

Make it possible to add sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3) before or between questions, with the ability to provide "sub-title" text. For example, a section providing instructions for the next few questions.

1,537 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hugo Bernier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

143 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil Detweiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I gave up on MS Forms and used Survey Monkey and I quickly remembered why MS Forms is practically useless. Everything you need to do is readily available and easy to accomplish in Survey Monkey. I needed a matrix of ratings for a slew of attributes for around a dozen programs, no problem... had it set up in minutes with sections, pages and text exactly where I wanted with full control over formatting and much, much more. I forgot how well this works actually. In MS Forms you can't even insert a simple text box onto a survey.

• Rob Chambers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1479 Votes and not even thinking about it....Hmmm....Almost all competing forms providers I have found do this, we are currently stuck with Google Forms because of this missing feature. I cant move until it is added. There is a big enough call for this to be done. If you don't know how to do it, just ask, i'm sure there's someone around who can help you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys, an update would be extremely welcome! Even if it's just a "we hear you and we are working on improving the product" or "we hear you and we believe the product is sufficient as is".

• Rey Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like no one from MS is even looking at this suggestion. This is very basic and should have been incorporated right from the beginning. if one is scared about copyright or proprietary feature infringement - I don't think that this one counts.

Dear Microsoft,
        Please delegate someone to look into this feature and start working on it. If you can add this feature along with attaching photo, file or take pictures from the form itself - I would not ask for anything else, EVER!

• That one commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another (less than) minimum viable product release from Microsoft. How can you not provide headings and paging? An extra couple of months of dev/test time would have meant this product was actually useful. As it is, I can't use it so will have to go back to full-featured forms tools.

Our organization needs this functionality badly! Headings to be specific between questions. Microsoft when will this be available?

• M. Boie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This cannot take long. It is basically just another "question" type with no input field and in the second sprint a Boldface button.

Definitely need this! Forms is such a useful product, but it's tough to explain to my content owners why I can't put in something simple like a section or instructions between questions.

PLEASE!!!!! Hurry up!
        It's such a simple feature.
        You're working on such complex solutions for any other feature of MS Forms... but not on this SIMPLE BASIC feature.
        Come on, it's for a pretty long time the second most wanted feature here in this forum.
        Please, change the status on "working on" and DO IT!

• Sammy Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When including section functionality, the end user should be only shown subsequent questions/sections based on their answers. This allows a multiple choice question to shoot a user down a specific path that bypasses everything they don't need to see/fill out.

• Fabrice Romelard [MVP] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The section could be also used as paging to group questions per topics
        The only other way would be to create each questionnaire per topic which is a mess to manage at the end or add the topic title into the question text like "TOPIC1 - What is your favorite cake"

For long questionnaire, that is not really useful from my point of view

Fab

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.