I suggest you ...

Add ability to insert sections and instructional text

Make it possible to add sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3) before or between questions, with the ability to provide "sub-title" text. For example, a section providing instructions for the next few questions.

376 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hugo BernierHugo Bernier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added comments by selecting Options and then deleting the buttons to leave only the text behind.

• Glenn WalkerGlenn Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have surveys where I would love to separate the questions by common areas. It will improve the flow of the survey / quiz.

• AdrienneAdrienne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the first request that people at my company had when I introduced this new product to them. A definite requirement!

• DomingoDomingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most definitely! I tried this on Google and did notice more options, sections was one of them.

• Samuel LeslieSamuel Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be extremely useful and make more complex forms far nicer for the user to complete by allowing it to be more clearly structured.

When you're giving a quiz, a section allows you to have an initial section where you just have name and date, for example, and then you can embed that section on a webpage without the rest of the quiz showing!

it would be nice to have an option for comments e.g. at the end that would not affect the option that people use for their reply - e.g. in a satisfaction survey the option somebody picks is "not satisfied" then it could be nice to have the possibility to enter into a related comment field why. So far I have solved by adding another question with text option but it does not look very neat.

• OncDovOncDov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sections features like Goolgle Forms is a must have. Right now I am using other forms because this option is missing in MS Forms

I would like to be able to Add a picture with comments, instead of every entry being a question. I use Forms as a teaching tool then add questions at the end.

• AudMDAudMD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please. You pretty much should do everything your competitor Google forms has determined form designers want.

Or just a plain statement such as a privacy statement at the end of a survey at the moment I have to add this as a final question

• TanyaTanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or a heading to easily identify fields relating to the same topic - like 'Primary Contact Details', and 'Secondary Contact Details' - some forms require the same field name, but for different topics.

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.