I suggest you ...

Add ability to insert sections, titles and instructional text

Make it possible to add sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3) before or between questions, with the ability to provide "sub-title" text. For example, a section providing instructions for the next few questions.

745 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hugo Bernier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are times when I want to ask multiple questions about a single passage. It would be convenient if I could just insert the passage into a text box and say, "read the following passage and answer questions 4-8."

• A.T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if I could add a "Separation line" between a group of questions in a form like I can do in SharePoint Surveys.

• Carrie George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the main thing keeping me from making the switch from Google Forms to Microsoft Forms. Google allows you to insert a section of text or just an image in place of question. That allows you to do something like provide some additional instruction that will apply to 3 or 4 questions and then attach a high quality image that will apply to the next few questions. Google also allows you to divide the questions into distinct sections and make it so they have to complete or correctly answer one section before moving on to the next. My employer wants me to use Microsoft Forms, but I am really missing the versatility of Google Forms. It would be wonderful if you could add some of the features that Google Forms has.

• Akanxa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have our own customised page or section to show results of the survey

• Rey Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a HUGE LEAP of improvement. A big plus and kudos to Microsoft if they will do this as soon as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a type of non-question - just text - that I can add at the end of the survey so I can inform a user about next steps in the process.

You need sections to group your questions in a form. As a minimum you need to be able to insert a header and short description. Ideally you should be able to answer sections in separate pages in order to have a proper flow.

For example: if the form gets used outside the organisation, they may want to add GDPR information.

Or they may want to split the form into sections.

• Loewen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to ditto the sections on Microsoft forms. It also be even better if we could scramble questions within a section. A spot for introduction text would be nice too. It would really help with my classroom quizzes.

Really would like Section and Sub-sections - to create more complex forms. Branching is not enough

My suggestions are that in Forms you have:
        the option to separate by section (page break);
        include issues by correspondence;
        to be able to share only the link of the answers (both the individual and the abstract)

Hi Team,

I suggest you to provide "section" feature. Just in case we need to make a long questionnaire and needs to be separated into some section, I believe that the respondents won't be happy if they look at the long row of questions. I hope this will be a consideration for Microsoft Forms to be better and useful.

Thanks for your attention,
        Adin.

• Reed Stough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely important to be able to create sections on forms with specific instructions.

• O365_JP_Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We request implementation of the function to describe various information in the header so that respondents can answer questions easily.
        If it is in HTML format, I think that we can change the addition of links and the size and color of letters.

Forms could be a great way to collect online permission from parents of students e.g. School retreats or out-trips. More space however, would be required in order to pass along the necessary information regarding the trip: Who is the trip form, when is the trip, what will we be doing, mode of transportation, etc.

← Previous 1 3 4

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.