I suggest you ...

Allow authenticated but anonymous responses with one response per person

Forms should allow you to check the settings boxes for "record name" and "one response per person" independently. For things like voting we only want one vote, we want people to login to vote, but we do not want to see their name. Forms can store voting history to enforce single responses but should not need to display it to the Form owner.

210 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alan PAlan P shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatrizioPatrizio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that would a very useful update.
        "Technically" speaking should be quite simple to implement.
        The bg logic would just need to:
        - save that the signed user submitted a response;
        - show results only after "N" signed users submitted their response (to ensure anonymous also in bg)

It would be also great to "grant" the responses only to a selected AD Group

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Help on this subject indicates you can check these boxes independently but in practice "one response per person" can only be checked if "record name" is also checked. Big drawback for collecting information that you want to ensure is not skewed.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy Public SchoolsJared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In school setting, a perfect example of this is students nominating or voting for Homecoming or Queen of Courts Queen and King.

Or teachers voting on selecting a student for some honor or student honors organization/scholarship. Or employees voting on the best student Homecoming float, etc, etc.Or employees giving feedback to administration where they may not be as honest if responses are linked to them, but would feel free to be open if the responses were anonymous (but admins still knew the responses were only from the intended group).

• TobiasTobias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone tell me for how long this app already exists? Can't believe there is no such feature! This would be absolutely necessary for collecting data from polls...

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.