I suggest you ...

Allow authenticated but anonymous responses with one response per person

Forms should allow you to check the settings boxes for "record name" and "one response per person" independently. For things like voting we only want one vote, we want people to login to vote, but we do not want to see their name. Forms can store voting history to enforce single responses but should not need to display it to the Form owner.

487 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alan P shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    it's done  ·  AdminZhongzhong Li (Admin, Microsoft Forms) responded  · 

In the “Settings” pane of Forms, you can now enable “One response per person” without checking “Record name.” This allows you to create an anonymous internal survey, limiting a single response for each person.

You could get more detail from – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Forms-Blog/Allow-authenticated-but-anonymous-responses-with-one-response/ba-p/200379

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its not done. We need one response per person for external forms, not just internal.

The base solution is to ADD EXTERNAL USER INVITATION (specific URL). Each inviation can be responded only once. So I could send the quiz to one person multiple times but he/she can respond only once to each invitation.

• Renata Szabo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You don’t have permission to view this form
        Create my own form

This is what I get when I try to open the link.

• Christian Walling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be super helpful if you enable anonymous access to the above mentioned survey :-)
        That will a) enable us to respond to it (now we're just getting access denied when clicking the link) and b) will make it more obvious to you what we mean by "allow only one response per person when anonymous access is enabled"...

• Pradeep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Form - Should allow capability to restrict to one response per person without recording name. Currently one response is only enable when we check record name of the person.

• Tobias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost one year, 470 votes, but still no response from Microsoft for such a basic feature? This app could be of so much more use for thousands of schools an companies if you guys would simply allow "anonymous responses AND one response per person" at the same time!

• Handrianto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to have one response per person for third party survey participant; at least may be Microsoft Forms have the capability to integrate/linked authentication from third party authenticator such as: MS Account / gmail / Facebook / Linked in other than Microsoft Work account.

There is no point using the survey tool for external polling if you can't limit the survey to one response per person. Unless this is sorted I won't use it as the data collected can not be trusted.

• Jenny Hammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I vote for this feature! We send anonymous surveys out to groups of people in our organization every month. We need to keep the surveys anonymous but we really need a list of the people who have completed the survey. So if Forms can generate a list of people's names who take the surveys(without linking them to the survey data which would defeat the purpose of their anonymity), that would be extremely helpful.

← Previous 1

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.