I suggest you ...

create the option to email Form responses to an address designated by the respondent as a receipt.

281 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Trobaugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EMAL AMIRI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would allow the user to add their email address as well for receiving a copy of the form.

• GK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. Possible in Flow but very time consuming to create a neatly formatted email. Option in Forms to do this with choice of questions and answers or answers only would be great for students submitting tests to grade.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Dani commented a month ago, this option already exists. All done by Flow integration. You can choose email recipients, and even fill the header and body of the email with dynamic data from the form.

I have tried multiple times to create a flow where form is sent to my email for approval and then sent to another file to be processed. I have yet to have success. All I receive is the link to the original blank form. This functionality would be very beneficial.

This is the one thing that google forms has that I really need. I get infrequent responses to my forms and would like at least an email notification when someone responds.

• Chelsei Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge! We are trying to move from google forms but not having the option to email individual responses easily is a must, without having to use Flow. It would great to add it to the list under PRINT RESPONSE.

• Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please take out Flow from the equation. Forms (probably powered by flow) that can have email response options would be a great feature.

Will be awesome once we can send responses to respondent. especially valuable for training certificates.

• Nat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So close this I'm almost able to finally switch off of google forms finally, but need the option to email responses to specific users.

While I see from the additional comments that there is a potential workaround using Flow, this is an essential feature that should be included within Forms without the need of using any additional services.

I see people mention Flow can do this, however I do not see it. I would like the email address account that created the form, to have an inbox message whenever someone replies to the form, or, even better, an email with that forms responses compiled into a CSV.

I just tried this - Flow will let you use one of the Form responses as the TO: email address. Will that do what you want? You would have to type the teacher email address as a response to a question, and use that response as the TO: line. Maybe they just added this.

Flow does not allow you to email responses, it only allows the creator to get an email notification when someone enters a response. You then have to go to the form or spreadsheet to view responses.

• Dani U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already do this with Flow. There's even a template for exactly what you're describing. It takes a whole 90 seconds to have done.

• Tuan Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love having this feature! It would allow me to view and act on responses much faster, and it would also save me the trouble of keeping a separate tab open on my Forms page.

Not just to the respondent but to the service email too, so this could be used to workflow into CRM for service cases etc.

← Previous 1

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.