I suggest you ...

Allow pre-populated data via URL parameter

It would be helpful to be able to add a GET value to the share link to provide default answers to questions. E.g., ?q1=default&q2=default2

452 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tanner Jotblad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris Gaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature would be great to have. I'd like to associate each form response to a specific record.

• jbk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looking for this feature too since I want to send a NPS newsletter, where when the user click the rating it is already set when they open the form.

thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality so we can replace some InfoPath forms on Sharepoint 2010 with Forms. I'd hate to have to go to 3rd party

Please add this functionality so we can replace some InfoPath forms on Sharepoint 2010 with Forms.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature that is preventing two organizations I work for (one local, one federal) from transitioning from Google Forms to MS Forms. Come on Microsoft, how hard can it be?

Please implement this so I don't have to do this with Google Forms.....It can be hard to do it technically and it would really make Forms a "swiss army knife" for many sorts of tasks that cannot be done without this. I would firstly implement this with my ticketsystem (my biggest need now) but other tasks will follow very shortly...

• seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we also definitively need this !! it doesn't sounds a complex feature to implement... please do it :D

• Carlyle Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I close a ticket, I'd like to send my user a quick survey using "Forms" if I can. This feature would be helpful, so I could pass on to the form the ticket ID, so the user doesn't have to type it in. (My helpdesk system can send the email with the properly formatted URL... I just need "Forms" to process it properly.)

• Tim Bourguignon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We send out forms on a regular basis, with a different question every time.
        Right now there is no way to automatically write the question in the form.
        This would be a way to work around this...

• Sasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature comes in very handy when Microsoft employees have to run surveys for research purposes. Microsoft's privacy requirements put a severe limitation on the products that can be used. At the very least Microsoft's home solution should be somewhat competitive.

• Kym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super useful indeed, even more so if Flow could facilitate that and connect to the common data service!

← Previous 1

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.