I suggest you ...

Allow pre-populated data via URL parameter

It would be helpful to be able to add a GET value to the share link to provide default answers to questions. E.g., ?q1=default&q2=default2

590 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tanner Jotblad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michel van Herwijnen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to post these values to "hidden" fields in the form to only show when you export the data, so we connect this data to other datasources (CRM for instance).

• Ivo Gruner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This would be tremendously useful. Seems like basic functionality for a product branded as 'Forms'. Right now the product should really just be branded Microsoft 'Surveys'.

• Cedric Citrowske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be able to quit having to use google forms to do this. Here's an example of why this feature is needed: Say I have 30 classes scheduled on my app, when a user selects a class off the app it would bring them to a form with the class pre-filled in the drop down spot instead of having to sort through the 30 classes to figure out which one they were looking at earlier. Not having Pre-Populated data via URL parameter is the single item that keeps me from fully embracing microsoft forms

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a make or break feature for using MS Forms enterprise wide. Please add the feature.

• c england commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently spending over $300 per year on surveymonkey just for this feature....please add to forms!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added the comment to allow to submit within the form and then managed to do it all from a Google Form!! Just google "silent-submission-of-google-forms" to see how it's done from their platform.

Microsoft - You really need to pull your finger out and get this implemented in your own Forms!

I'm now having to deliver a questionnaire to all my Microsoft O365 users, outside of the platform which is crazy!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When implementing this, please also consider adding the functionality to submit the form immediately without any input from the end user. They would simply see a "Thank you for your submission" message on the resulting page, or whatever final message you wanted them to see.

This allows for unique URL's to be sent to individuals for a specific form and have their data pre-populated. For example, you could ask them to rate the experience by simply clicking on links within the email and it's submitted immediately. We have a requirement where we want to send an email merge to a list of users and have them vote for something. It's easier if they just click the link in the email to vote for that item and that's all they need to do - no other entry is necessary for the end user. In that URL, we capture the form they are entering on, their vote they wish to go for and their user, all from a custom URL that is generated from a word email merge.

• Chris Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this. Essential functionality for this to be usable within our business

• Chris Gaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature would be great to have. I'd like to associate each form response to a specific record.

• jbk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looking for this feature too since I want to send a NPS newsletter, where when the user click the rating it is already set when they open the form.

thank you.

← Previous 1 3

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.