I suggest you ...

Ability to change date format to correspond to the user's region

Hi. In the question type where a date is required currently the only option (as far as I can see) is the US format. Can you kindly give us the ability to choose the region settings for this please? Thanks.

788 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve Nesbitt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

224 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aimee Passmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES please - Have been looking for a while now to figure out how to do this and just realised it is not available - For us here in NZ it's so confusing as we never use month/day/year always day/month/year

• Glen Schaefer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I intend to post a link to this thread on Twitter for the world to see how poorly Microsoft treats valid user requests. Not fixing this basic problem despite dozens of request for over 2 years is a total disgrace.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over 2 years and not fixed, surely this should have been looked at by now? Major issue with some work I'm currently doing - need DD/MM/YY option as a minimum!

• Ash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm kind of stunned this was released with this problem.

Date formats!! You guys need to give attention to clients, details that make Microsoft products inconsistent.

We are having the same issue with timezone, it does not properly calculate DST

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't we do this yet?

This is essential to our ability to use the forms service. I just tested a 'New Starter' form with our HR people and the second test was put through with the persons DOB as the 9th of December (12/09) where the reality is the DOB should have been the 12th of September (12/09)

• Carly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As above, please update date formats for users outside of US (we are in the UK). Thanks.

• Gourang Shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are getting confused with the date time format in Microsoft forms. We need to see as DD-MMM-YYYY. Can you please assist in resolving the same?

Please change date option from American dates to Aussie Dates - the format is very un helpful

Please change settings so date can be in DD/MM/YYYY format. Outside of the US, this confuses everyone else!

Over 2 years on and this is still not resolved? It can't take 2 years to work out how to do this!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.