I suggest you ...

Ability to change date format to correspond to the user's region

Hi. In the question type where a date is required currently the only option (as far as I can see) is the US format. Can you kindly give us the ability to choose the region settings for this please? Thanks.

673 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve Nesbitt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

201 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
        It will be appreciated and much more functional if we are able to choose dd/mm/yyyy format in Australia.

• James Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous that you cannot choose the date format for the region the form is targeting. Absolutely amazed that Microsoft are forcing a US date format on the rest of the world. Next we'll be back to using imperial measures. Come guys, sort this mess out.

It would be great to be able to change the date format as it is confusing our users that receive the form responses here in the UK.

Aligning the date format to the user profile date format makes the most sense to me, this option should be a given as soon as anyone creates a date field these days.

Hi. In the question type where a date is required currently the only option (as far as I can see) is the US format. Can you kindly give us the ability to choose the format of the date please?

I need a different date format for a form that I'm developing to help our company submit information to federal regulators. Date needs to be in ddmmmyyyy format. Why is this not an option?

• John Dorrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like a UK version or at least change to a global approved date format like YYYY-MM-DD

need french canadian version ... or simply remove the format and let us insert a text inscruction

Desperately need a UK option. We are constantly processing requests with the wrong date as the format is incorrect for us.

Please can you either add the ability to use the DMY format or, on the form allow an option to display the actual name of the day, month and year.

In excel this could then be converted back to a date with =DATEVALUE

Surely this is the solution, but I doubt it is that simple

• Lucian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow option to change date format as dd/mm/yy in Microsoft Office 365 Forms.

Please allow option to select UK date format. Same problem with dates reverting to US format and dates in Excel wrong. Please urgent.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.