I suggest you ...

Allow form respondents to save and continue to fill the form later

Allow students to save results without submitting test for students with accommodations to finish later. Students with extended time sometimes have to finish at a later time and the way it is set up now they have to restart the test each time.

780 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sukhmeet Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is obviously a very demanded feature all over as is apparent from this post and it has been more than 2 years since this was suggested. I hope they're implementing it already.

Meanwhile, is there an alternative to this? Can we somehow save the incomplete form in Sharepoint list and load the data from the Sharepoint-list row the next time that user logs in? (Just a suggestion)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add a save option. I use forms in my workflow at my company, and my forms submitters routinely ask for a save and continue later option. Please prioritize this important work.

• Abe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this like yesterday. Should be at or near the top of the list.

• Roger Ryman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful for other types of forms.
    Possibly with the option of including reminded if the person has not gone back to the form for some time, and may have forgotten.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this functionality for client on boarding where some information may need to be gathered to complete the form and then entered at a later date.

• Anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please do! It will make it so much more applicaple for many purposes.

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely add this please. This functionality will make Forms truly powerful.

• Kristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We are currently using forms for DPIA screening questions and would like to use it for full DPIA,however the lack of option to save the form and come back at later date and lack of an option to add attachements, discourages and prevents us from using forms for DPIA. Please update the forms with new features as this can have a huge prospect of heloing organisations with their GDPR documentation requirements,

• MNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last week I asked my students to finish a quiz they had been working on. To my surprise they were able to continue where they had stopped the previous time!
    Can anyone else confirm this?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.