I suggest you ...

To have options for creating folders in Forms.

I suggest Microsoft Forms team to think of an option to create folders and then create forms in it.

So that I can have all the forms related to one activity in one folder and also searching becomes easy.

Moreover, the dashboard looks clutter free.

Kindly give a thought.

1,185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chandhirakala S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  ruoyingl responded  · 

Thanks all for your feedbacks and suggestions. As you may noticed, we’ve added two features to help you find target forms easier:
    1. Search box. You can find a form by search the form name or form owner.
    2.Form’s theme is shown in form card. If you are using different themes for different type of forms, it’s easier to find out forms by color.

Does the new feature help? Could you tell us more if the new feature doesn’t solve your problem?

223 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Per Matzinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I worked with Google forms til now and want to change to MS Forms. But Folders to organize my Forms is essential. In Google forms i've got a kind of...
        Please just have a look there.
        Thanks

Will this comments be read from MS anymore?
        Just glad about a sign

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need some structure and archiving too, otherwise it is very messy and seems like a big form dumping place. Furthermore, if we have folders and that sits on the Modern Group SPO, it is then even easier to maintain and structure. Right now if I go to the SPO where most forms export xls to, it look incredibly chaotic... Folders are a must!

We really need folders! I have 110 forms under a ModernGroup at the moment and it takes ages to find something as I first need to go to Group Forms, then expand look for the Modern Group, then search. The initial search box only searches in "Recent Group Forms" and it is fiddling to find what we need. It is also good maintenance to have folders to different Team members can find the forms they need that are relevant to their region. Hope this helps!

This is absolutely a priority for me. I have 32 team members over 5 global regions that I am reponsible for managing MS Forms for. For the 11 programmes we run, we have about 15 forms each currently, which will probably grow. I manage all of these, and whilst the search function helps to some extent, when I have Forms similarly named for different cohorts, it's unhelpful not to have them grouped in folders and means I have to have names of Forms being sent to externals which makes me look unprofessional. Folders are a necessity!!!

• Kris I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry, the new features do not help. We need folders to organize. This has been a request for what seems like years now. Please, please, please allow us to organize our forms within folders.

The reason I would like to have folders is to be able to archive the forms instead of deleting them.

The colors dont really help for me organize as I've created a company wide template that I use for both all our surveys and all our quizzes. It's a good feature, dont get me wrong, but it just doesn't help in organizing. Folders would be lovely.

• Philipp H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Forms in classrooms for quizes, but I have to keep the quizes separate for different classes and therefore folders are a necessity for efficent classroom management.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders are essential in classroom management. Please add this much needed feature. Thank you.

The colors help a little bit, however it would be much more productive to have folders.

• Frustrated teacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an educator, I need to be able to organize my forms into some type of folder. Please add this feature. Otherwise, I'll need to look elsewhere for another program that can meet my needs.

The more you use it, the less likely you are to use it without folders to file previous forms in - the screen becomes very busy, very messy and very offputting :-(

Folders are definitely needed! Searching by form name or by theme doesn't help much. Please consider adding folders!

• FERRATO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders are urgently needed. Yes, I differentiate with color themes, photo themes, etc. But my long list of forms is becoming unwieldy and I will be forced to use another option if this is not resolved.
        Thanks

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, organizing by theme or searching by title works. However, it would be easier if you have 4 types of quizzes you do as an educator by grade to just have them grouped by the class they correspond to. This would make it faster and easier to find materials when we are prepping in the limited amount of time we have to do so.

• J. Cochran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders are urgently needed. Yes, I differentiate with color themes, photo themes, etc. But my long list of forms is becoming unwieldy and I will be forced to use another option if this is not resolved. I don't understand the difficulty in organizing this feature by folders.

• Kairin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow viewing in details form. The thumbnail is huge and sometimes the full title can't be seen. It is hard to differentiate between a form with same title for one class and another.

• Melvin Merlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone here, we host classes in a corporate setting. There aren't enough colors for each class as we have over 100 different courses. Even if 100 colors were available it is not intuitive like a folder. Folders are a must.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.