I suggest you ...

To have options for creating folders in Forms.

I suggest Microsoft Forms team to think of an option to create folders and then create forms in it.

So that I can have all the forms related to one activity in one folder and also searching becomes easy.

Moreover, the dashboard looks clutter free.

Kindly give a thought.

1,366 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chandhirakala S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
tell us more  ·  ruoyingl responded  · 

Thanks all for your feedbacks and suggestions. As you may noticed, we’ve added two features to help you find target forms easier:
1. Search box. You can find a form by search the form name or form owner.
2.Form’s theme is shown in form card. If you are using different themes for different type of forms, it’s easier to find out forms by color.

Does the new feature help? Could you tell us more if the new feature doesn’t solve your problem?

243 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders are ESSENTIAL for organising large numbers of forms in an education setting, by class or topic or year. Please add this feature ASAP!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a college instructor and I would like to keep each set of forms (evaluations) in a different folder since I use the same forms each term. Thank you for your consideration.

• Srikanth Nair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ruoyingl While the search and theme card helps, it still doesn't make a big difference when you have hundreds of forms. I'm an educator at a local university and use forms extensively every semester. My forms page is way too cluttered because I'm unable to organise forms into folders. Please implement this feature. Thank you!

• Shane Abell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having folders to organise my forms/quizzes is the only thing holding me back from fully embracing this technology

• Mike Brutty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the search box can be helpful, but it doesn't help keep the main section organised in any way. I have Health forms, PE forms, surveys, tests, House system forms... I currently have 25 "forms" but this will increase every semester because we are now running surveys and tests which each of our classes for certain units of work. It would be so much better if I could have my forms in a logical filing system.

• Simon Hartshorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a metadata column that we can configure so we can group / filter forms that way if folders is such an issue?

• Urban Jernberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, I am sorry, this does not solve my problem. Yet i have not found any better solution than folders to sort all my forms

• Lucian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ruoyingl: Using different colors for a form would be usefull if you could add an option to sort or group by its color. Otherwise using folders would be more usefull.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having folders within this tool would help from an organization perspective. What you have done with the search box and card themes does not help when you have a large number of forms you want to go through and want to easily categorize them by a category. I would agree with the other comments we need to be able to have folders to categorize and subcategorize forms.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search bar is nice, but the home screen is far too cluttered. There should be folders where we can store forms. It would make the home screen much cleaner. The look of the forms being there as icons appears to mimic Mac, which never looks organized. Windows can do better.

• Lan-Jy Duke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have more than 40 forms and they are for Chinese Level 1, 2, 3, 3H, 4H, 5H, and CH&M (Culture, History and Media). It is really hard for me to find one form created before as it all mixes up. It would be really if there's the function of folders that would be really helpful.
    Those who don't vote might be those who don't use Form but those who vote are those who use them often. Please help. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.