I suggest you ...

To have options for creating folders in Forms.

I suggest Microsoft Forms team to think of an option to create folders and then create forms in it.

So that I can have all the forms related to one activity in one folder and also searching becomes easy.

Moreover, the dashboard looks clutter free.

Kindly give a thought.

932 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chandhirakala S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  ruoyingl responded  · 

Thanks all for your feedbacks and suggestions. As you may noticed, we’ve added two features to help you find target forms easier:
    1. Search box. You can find a form by search the form name or form owner.
    2.Form’s theme is shown in form card. If you are using different themes for different type of forms, it’s easier to find out forms by color.

Does the new feature help? Could you tell us more if the new feature doesn’t solve your problem?

196 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jose R Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, we need folder! are some sort of structure. Teachers at our district are heavily using forms and color coding is not ideal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree about adding folders. As a teacher, this view is too cluttered. Folders cleans things up. Google offers this feature which makes it hard to stick with Microsoft. I'll have to keep making Google Forms until this is resolved.

From my point of view it would be very helpful, if forms would use and nested into SharePoint Document libraries. With this you would have instantly a lot of benefits
        - folder structure
        - additional attributes for describing and selecting forms
        - access management
        - notification of new forms
        - versioning
        - approval and release functions

Dear Microsoft, please let me know when you've sorted this out. I'm heading back to Google before this does my head in.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In an education environment, different quizzes are created for different classes. In my opinion arranging the forms (quizzes) in folders seem like the only logical solution.

A search option isn't as helpful as folder organization would be. Teachers with multiple classes over multiple years.....the Forms add up - making the Forms page very very messy.

• Frank ten Berge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teachers really need folders ( a few levels deep at least) to keep organised.
        And: the possibility to duplicate/move a specific folder would be GREAT!

Searchboxes and some themes: looks great, solves nothing.

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No not a search box or a theme. Folders. Only folders. Listen to what was requested.

TELL US MORE · ruoyingl responded · Jul 19, 2017
        Thanks all for your feedbacks and suggestions. As you may noticed, we’ve added two features to help you find target forms easier:
        1. Search box. You can find a form by search the form name or form owner.
        2.Form’s theme is shown in form card. If you are using different themes for different type of forms, it’s easier to find out forms by color.

Does the new feature help? Could you tell us more if the new feature doesn’t solve your problem?

This still doesn't address the issue. At present, if you have 50 Forms (very easy to do across a range of topics in a range of subjects) they are simply a list. To be able to organise them into a logical structure would make them much more usable for future years.

Honestly, how hard can it be? Just get one of your kindergarten work experience kids on it. A search bar wasn't requested, folders were it's really very simple, listen to your (paying) customers.

Folders are required so that the forms/ quizzes can be grouped under one heading. I run the survey for multiple courses that are taught at my college. I have the students complete the form as they go to provide feedback on how the course is going.

I organise a total of 7 different courses, with each type of course having around 10-20 instances in a year. I have to break these down further because students are not able to submit as they go or save their progress due to this not being a feature in forms (which needs to be also) meaning I have to create a form for each day of each course. This means that I can have 10 surveys per course instance for 20 instances which means I have to manage 200 surveys running just for one course type not counting the other 6 course types I have to do this for.

Therefore using the search functionality for "Day 2" of "course X", returners a lot of surveys as you would guess. This also does not count for if there is any variants of the same survey.

By having folders I would be able to go:

Level 1: Course Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, etc
        Level 2: Course Instance: 01, 02, 03, 04, etc
        Level 3: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc

This would provide a much more use friendly user interface and allow for greater control over forms that I manage.

Imagine Windows Explorer without folders, just colour coding and a search engine!

Folders please!

The two added features are helpful, but still for someone who uses Forms all the time, we absolutely need to be able to put them in folders. For example, I now have three years worth of forms data in my account, and would love to be able to put 16-17 and 17-18 forms into folders for those years since I have new current copies. With many of these, such as PD evaluations, we woudl like to be able to reference the reports and trends so I don't want to delete them. Also for example, as an educator we have training and may have a bunch of "sample" forms in addition to classroom forms that are totally different buckets but currently all live in a jumbled mess of a dashboard.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.