I suggest you ...

Edit Response

Allow responders to edit responses after submission. For example, if a student is taking a quiz and is unable to finish before the end of class, the student can submit the quiz to save their answers and then continue the quiz during the next class period.

472 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ross Janeiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. The power of Forms is fantastic for quick report outputs and tying to SharePoint etd. But as a creator, if i cannot adjust and need to do so manually each time, it drives me to other survey/form systems like SUrveyMokey. But that clearly takes away for power of quick reporting and Flows. This is a larger advantage so i am 'figuring it out' and doing manual adjustments in Excel/SharePoint. But WOW it seems like a miss for the Form Creator not to be able to adjust responses.

Please provide us an update! This feature is a future MUST!

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sort this feature out - it's so obvious. I can't use the statistics that are produced automatically because I may need to correct or append to teh original form response. I end up having to export the fields to excel, correct them in excel and then create charts from scratch. Such a waste of time.

Even if the Creator can edit a Response. For Example I created a quick Database in Forms for employees to enter in information for contact list. If I can Edit a response in the FORM and not just the Output to Excel then it would be optimal. This way both the Responder and the Creator can edit the FORM.

Makes everything work much better.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on the edit response, but make the edit response possible by the survey creator automatically but yet make it an option for the submitter to edit.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this! If someone mistypes on a registration form, there is no good way to correct it.

• William Andres Tejada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buenos dias, Nuestra sugerencia o recomendación deacuerdo a la aplicacion forms, es que debria haber una opcion donde el administrador del fomulario pueda editar las respuestas de los usuarios que responden las encuestas.

Quedamos atentos a una pronta respuesta.

Gracias

• William Andres Tejada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buenos dias, Nuestra sugerencia o recomendación deacuerdo a la aplicacion forms, es que debria haber una opcion donde el administrador del fomulario pueda editar las respuestas de los usuarios que responden las encuenstas.

Quedamos atentos a una pronta respuesta.

Gracias

• Tobias Spears commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - I was able to reproduce one of our main project submission forms in MS Forms, but the originator should have the ability to refine their response(s) as they may not be able to complete a submission in one session or because they receive additional information which impacts the scope fo the project.

It would be a nice feature. I hade to change a date that was one of the choices in a form and when i did the replies to that row became 0 but the old replies still was there. One thing you could do as a user to this is to send all rows to a sharepoint-list and then have that as your "working" list and not the form replies itself.

I need this feature, because I deployed Microsoft form for a sales database. However, I have reasons to add field names after receiving and analyzing the entries.

• Andy Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you for example do a Forms Survey About a Party to be Held, users Need to be able to edit their given answer if they get Maybe ill and can not attend and Need no shuttle Service anymore.

• Jing Shao Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow user and Form owner/collaborator to make correction on submitted response is critical ...
        now even form owner cannot do that, this should be allow and inform the responder about the changes response result.

Ability to insert a picture onto the form would be good. I have a flow diagram which I want the form users to see before they enter thier responses.

Please add this so I can do a pre-approval through flow similar to a sharepoint list.

The ability for the responder to attach a document when submitting a form. For example we have a new client form and would like to request an attachment for proof of registration as supporting document.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - a process document is ideal in a form, but not if you have to fill it all in "in one sitting".

The ability to go back and add to your responses is ideal.

← Previous 1 3

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.