I suggest you ...

Edit Response

Allow responders to edit responses after submission. For example, if a student is taking a quiz and is unable to finish before the end of class, the student can submit the quiz to save their answers and then continue the quiz during the next class period.

392 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ross Janeiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a nice feature. I hade to change a date that was one of the choices in a form and when i did the replies to that row became 0 but the old replies still was there. One thing you could do as a user to this is to send all rows to a sharepoint-list and then have that as your "working" list and not the form replies itself.

I need this feature, because I deployed Microsoft form for a sales database. However, I have reasons to add field names after receiving and analyzing the entries.

• Andy Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you for example do a Forms Survey About a Party to be Held, users Need to be able to edit their given answer if they get Maybe ill and can not attend and Need no shuttle Service anymore.

• Jing Shao Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow user and Form owner/collaborator to make correction on submitted response is critical ...
        now even form owner cannot do that, this should be allow and inform the responder about the changes response result.

Ability to insert a picture onto the form would be good. I have a flow diagram which I want the form users to see before they enter thier responses.

Please add this so I can do a pre-approval through flow similar to a sharepoint list.

The ability for the responder to attach a document when submitting a form. For example we have a new client form and would like to request an attachment for proof of registration as supporting document.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - a process document is ideal in a form, but not if you have to fill it all in "in one sitting".

The ability to go back and add to your responses is ideal.

• Oli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        We have form where we want to add more fields with time (feedback after 3, then 6 months).
        Being able to review your past answers and edit them would be gold.

The person who created the form should also be able to edit the answers, not only delete them as it's currently the case.

• Elric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we would definitely make use of being able to edit, we have several users and staff with disability or impairments and sometimes need to correct entries

Agree, this option is in google since a long time and form is not really competitive

We would like this feature also. We are trying to embrace Office 365 to use as an organization; however, this lack of feature to edit a response forces us to use Google Forms

• minde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! I am collecting a database of temp workers with forms. It would be great if there was an option to return to your own form and change your own info or delete it if you are no longer available.

• John Guilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in same boat. Client needs this functionality as sometimes they fill in answers (for free text) incorrectly. Bet Microsoft never thought these forms would be so popular ;)

• moca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be great to have the possibility to modify the page that appears when the user clic on Send button (when he finished to answer).
        actually "thank you" appears but second the survey it is not enough

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 We'd like to use this as a sales lead tracking tool so that our sales reps could enter basic prospect information & then go back and edit info as needed. The ability to edit after submitting would be a critical feature. Yes, I realize there are other, more robust sales tracking tools, but we really just need a basic form input tool for simple tracking. Please, Microsoft, add this feature.

← Previous 1 3

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.