I suggest you ...

Edit Response

Allow responders to edit responses after submission. For example, if a student is taking a quiz and is unable to finish before the end of class, the student can submit the quiz to save their answers and then continue the quiz during the next class period.

743 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ross Janeiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laura Seip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If google has this feature, Microsoft should have the feature as well. It's pretty useless without being able to edit after the fact. At the very least it should create an Excel online that can be updated.

• Abe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not #1 or #2 on the list? Almost unusable without this.

• TesterSC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to edit would be a really great feature which gives room for much more use cases.

• Brianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An edit option would make this much more functional in an education setting.

• teqs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be a great benefit and make MS Forms usable for a lot of more use cases. We need this! Also google has it.

• Walter Kovacs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Forms for Monitoring and Evaluation data collection. Without this support to edit response, Forms is useless for data collection except for questionnaires.Form is excel is useful though, but this feature needs to be there.

• Paul Davison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use MS Forms quite heavily to get feedback around the business across different projects, departments, etc., and it is a pain when you cannot edit a submission, especially when you have set required questions but you only want to add something to a long text field.

• Mary Cantisano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my department we use MS forms to collect information that may change after its initial submission or be incomplete at initial submission. Adding this feature, would make this a much more workable tool. Perhaps the form creator could enable such a feature in the way of an automated response with a link to edit response. This way, forms could continue to be used for creating tests. Sorry getting ahead of myself with envisioning how it may work...

• Akmal Fazleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely support this feature-request. Having it would totally revolutionise the use-case for my current use-case on MS Forms (=make my users' lives so much better).

Also see this feature-request which asks for the same thing: https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/36674467-allow-responses-to-be-edited-after-form-submission

To MS PMs: I am happy to personally be part of user-testing or to be reached out to for more comments/info on this.

• bethany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with this also, would be really helpful. I use forms to track cases, it would be really useful for people to go back into a form and update rather than having to fill out another form and then the form owner having to go in manually delete old responses from the report.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with this! We also need more than one person to collaborate on the filling out of a form and so being able to save as a draft or edit before or after submission should be a thing!

• Sterling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am dealing with a need to edit just today. I have a form collecting phone numbers and mailing addresses for offices. One office just realized they need to change their phone number since what they input was actually their personal number. I can delete the entire response, but then all the remaining data must be re-input. Annoying.

• Michael Rothstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this. Use case: Create a survey that stores a users preferences.As their needs change, they can edit this the same survey to revise their preferences. In addition, allow x number of unique entries per email address. If set to one and the user goes to the form, then they are automatically placed into "edit" mode. If you allow 2 and they have more than one already entered, show the previous entries and allow them to edit, delete previous entries.

I've looked for tools to do just this and haven't found one that fits the bill. I even tried with SharePoint surveys, which do let you edit but getting to the edit page is really hard to find. I also tried with SharePoint lists and there's no way to prompt for info like you can with a survey.

I think that allowing edit, allowing you to limit how many unique entries per email address would provide a service that currently doesn't exist.

• teqs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is not just a small feature, I think this feature will make MS forms useful for many more use cases, as it often involves to be able to edit your vote already made, for example in small teams and longer-term votings. Often to edit your vote is mandatory. A good example is for example to vote for a date for an event. Of course thing can change when the voting lasts longer.

• Tobias Spears commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - having the ability to edit responses will make Forms a useful project management tool.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a feature we need in my organisation to enable project managers to come back to the form and update information about their project as changes are made throughout the project launch. Such an important feature yet it hasn't been implemented yet, would like to see this ASAP.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.