I suggest you ...

Short URL link

Allow the user to create or auto generate a shortened URL link to send or post.

487 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric Mueller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Derek Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love to see a shortened URL or maybe even a way to tie it to the O365 DNS records.

• Omar Ortiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesssss That would be awesome a short url for my customers getting a Text message to fill out a survey

• Minh Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it would be great if you can make the link much shorter as google forms are much more convenient as you have choices to select to have a long or short link

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - I need to create friendly urls. Not least because the full URL gives the little tykes far too much information about how our site is structure. The less I give them the better.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this allows it to work from what ever document you are working from but if you copy and past back into an email the link seems to get lost...any suggestions

• Jason Stockhill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copy the link. Use any document, edit the hyperlink change the Show screen text. Copy the link back to whereever

• Jason Stockhill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They tell you it cant be done but it can.....muppits. for email and sharepoint
        Copy the link then paste it onto any document. Right click edit the link. Top of box "show text as" Change it. Then copy it back to where you need it.

• Jose R Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful. When conducting trainings for teachers of various technology levels, this part of my training always confuses them.
        It would be great if this was already incorporated to the link provided for us to share.

• Michael Blumenthal (MVP) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you get the short domain "for.ms"? Someone has it, I'm hoping it's Microsoft. You have aka.ms. Something like that where it's as easy to create and customize a short link as it is to create a QR code, would be great!

• Dennis Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use a url shortening service, but even then I think it looks like spam (I don't click shortened links from someone I don't trust).

If Forms would use your subdomain and either shorter links or allow you to customize the link text it would be so much better for sharing.

• DVA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be SUPER HELPFUL. My first thought when I looked at the link was spam....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted up. This would be a great feature to add to make the forms links more trustworthy.

• don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

urls as is are difficult to share via sms. They might as well be billion characters

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A short URL for Forms would be really helpful. We've seen a small number of issues with people using Outlook client and the long URL seems to fail when they click the hyperlink.

• Eric Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A similar thought here is that it would be great to be able to have a temporary response link or set dates to when the link is open for responses.

← Previous 1

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.