I suggest you ...

Short URL link

Allow the user to create or auto generate a shortened URL link to send or post.

826 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric Mueller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • C Perrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Short URL link- this is a needed feature. The long link generated seems very unprofessional.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, some flexibility in the generation of the URL of a form would be very useful. For example, we developed a form for a client. We'll need 2 versions of it, one for responders we invite, and another one for responders online (without our intervention). One form could use a URL with the name of the project, while the other form would have a different short URL.

Thanks!

• Lucian C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to integrate forms at least with my domain. Even if will look horrible as it is now, but at least to be in my own domain.
    I would be better if I could control that links based on my domain so I could choose more easy to read/remember or for public ones more "SEO friendly".

It would be a huge value if there were an option to have a short url for a form or for any link share within Office 365. Please image how daunting the length of an url is when sharing via sms or in some document. yes there are 3rd party tools, but thats one more thing to manage.

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bit.ly links are blocked at my work, please consider giving us this feature!

We send surveys to employees via text. The URLs are so long that they cannot be sent in one text and look spammy. Also because of the length of the URL, other users in the company are sticking with other software although the user experience in MS Forms is better.

• Gustaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This.
    Having a human-readable URL is necessary, both for general trustworthiness as well as getting usage up compared to publicly available alternatives... we are working on getting everyone to embrace all the various parts of O365 in their daily work, but small details like this make it harder to convince...

• Andrew Suthanah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to change. Right now a common harvesting vector is to create a 'form' that asks the user to 'login'. The user visits the link and it looks legit so they frequently input their credentials with obvious results...

Our users have been educated to look at email links closely - these forms links have nothing to identify that they are not legitimate. If we could have our custom domain in the link this would negate the scam as we could remove emails relating to MS Forms that do not have a correctly formatted link.

We need to be able to put a custom string in for the URL so we can block these fraudulent harvest attacks.

• Naazim Saley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us the same options to limit one response per user and responder name for "Anyone"

← Previous 1 3

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.