I suggest you ...

Allow for a dropdown box

It would be nice to have a drop down box for users to be able to select one or more choices instead of having to look at a long list of options. It makes the survey appear longer than it is and crowds the page.

771 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathan Filz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@NatashaSpencer, Drop-down is already available in Forms, is it not? I just created a question with a drop-down with 4 possible choices. It looks like "multiple choices" is permanently grayed out though.

But it really sounds to me like what you want to do is create a Power App. (Don't let the name scare you off) Microsoft has created powerful information collection tool called Power App that will allow complete customization of the experience your end users see.

Unfortunately, with MS's shift to their new "modern" experience, there are some temporary gaps in service offerings. Where Infopath would have fit this bill nicely, Forms is often too limited and PowerApps too complicated.

If you are in a time crunch and cannot wait for Forms improvements, I recommend taking a look at Zoho Forms. It offers exactly what you are looking for and more and is very simple. I really hope that Forms adopts nearly all of these features. Good Luck

• Natasha Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the drop down going to be available soon? I have a form going out to 72 schools and the drop down would be so much easier for them!

• Sahil WBM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have this option.

If User = John, the form shows different set of dropdown menu, if user = Matt, shows different set of dropdown. The dropdown selections corresponds with the excel column and answers are saved in a different column like date, or any text.

Another scenario- If John access the form using his credentials it shows him a pre-defined set of dropdown selection. And different dropdown options for Matt. The user selects the date, enters any text, hits on submit. When the user clicks on submit, the form will look for the selected dropdown option in the excel file and saves the answer in the same row.

• Chris Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be part of the test. Could use this feature immediately. Would also like to have the option of not choosing duplicate answers for different questions using the same drop down menu.

• Donia Strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI there - be glad to participate in any early dog food prog if needed. Thanks! And, a dropdown box would be a great addition.

• Kali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can I participate in next few weeks?
        About to build out multiple forms with many selections to send to very busy executives.
        The long lists of check boxes will have a rather negative effect and would be *much* improved by drop-down list selections thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I require this function to migrate from Google Forms, I would like to participate.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
      • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
      • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
      • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
      • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
      • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.