Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a prepopulated Form from excel

Allowing for the creation of a MS Form from a pre-specified Excel template for the use of Dropdowns and Authorisation data.
    With the ability of creating a pre-generated list of responses, for those like Book vendors or staff members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Respond via email or Teams

I'd love to be able to have a plug-in in Outlook and/or Microsoft Teams that allows you to select from the forms you created (in the browser) so that people can respond literally within the client itself, and never have to exit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sanjivani launched but no response yet from controller joining leave regarding

I create a complain with sanjivani leave regarding but joining leave not given by controller till date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Image  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. create a save feature

For teachers to use it as a test with multiple learning styles in a classroom, a save feature option would allow for tests to be completed over time, especially for those who struggle with time on task or are slower readers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add the ability to create folders or some other way to collectively organize different tiles of the same topic.

It would be great if the tiles could be placed in folders to keep certain tiles together. I now teach 7th grade language arts, 7th grade social studies, and 8th grade language arts, and I would love to keep each of these subjects separate from one another so that I could find what I need a lot faster.

Thank you for the improvements that have been made recently. Forms has already greatly improved just in the last few months. Keep up the good work.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the Forms response analytics filterable.

IS there already capability to make form response analytics filterable? for example, I've got 60 responses that I would like to classify by location, and compare each to the overall average of the 60.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add multiple answer limit

add multiple answer limit

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability for user to edit their form

The ability for the user completing a form to have the ability to go back and edit the form once it's been submitted. This should be an option in the settings field for the form creator to elect if desired.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the ability to create a new form from a Flow

It would be great to be able to programmatically copy an existing an existing form, especially from Flow. Here is my use case:

We have an engineering meeting every Wednesday, and we use a Form to collect feedback from all participants before the meeting starts. I would like to automate the creation of the weekly survey. Ideally I would create a Flow that does the following:

1. Trigger every Monday at noon

2. Copy the Form "Eng Meeting" into a new form called "YYYYMMDD Eng Meeting"

3. Send a slack message into the channel #engineers with a link to response to the newly…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add advanced features to the Date question type

First, I would love to be able to ask for a date range, not simply a single date.

Second, I would like to be able to limit the dates available for users to select. When I am booking hotel rooms, if we only have rooms available from July 13 - 25, no one should be able to input July 28.

Thanks,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow us to change the text in the other field multiple choice

Instead of just putting other in the other field answer, we should be allowed to change that text that is displayed. For instance i want to collect an account number for billing purposes, but only if it is not billed to other predefined choices.

Also, if we could have a drop down if one item is selected that would also solve the problem. for example a conditional response that requires additional input. or branching to more choices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Campos sólo para el administrador

Me interesaría tener una encuesta en la que las preguntas son para los entrevistados y al final, unos campos bloqueados para los entrevistados mas para el administrador de la encuesta, tener posibilidad de registrar sus calificaciones o sus propias notas.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add "Save & Close" option

In my company, most of the times people can not fill whole survey at one instant so they require to save whatever filled out survey and come back again to fill remaining survey. This feature would make people's life easier in my company.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the possibility to fetch data from existing databases or systems

Add the possibility to fetch data from existing databases or systems, using keyed-in data

Exemple : use personnal ident to get location or phone number from entreprise directory

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Results of quiz or course auto mail option required , while after cutoff date.

Suppose we are having more than 100 number's in team. we have to creating one web form like quiz or course for one week of time. after completing the date or cutoff time the results & answers of course or quiz automatically has go to all team members via mail only answers.coming result part it has share only that particular user. so that we can reduce the time and will get the better results.

Also if user is clicking an option in quiz for the multiple choice .he can able justifies answer in end of the question like writing an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. List that allows insert values

it would be nice if the form allows a predeterminate list where the user has to put a value in front of each value list, for example, I have a survey where the user has to put a percentage in front of each value, representing the usage for each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sections of Quesions

i am using this for uniforms and our staff have 4 different options. I would like to be able to have a section for shirt #1 where they pick the shirt, color and size... then move on to shirt #2

right now the way it stands i have to label each question like...
    question 1: shirt #1 choice
    question 2: shirt #1 color
    question 3: shirt #1 size

it doesn't flow well!

thank you in advance,
    tanie

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add combo box, list boxes, sharepoint list link

Taking into account that you avoid using ms access (bad idea) to generate sharepoint forms, I sugest to add comboboxes, list boxes and make links to sharepoint lists in such a way to generate database masks. PowerApp is a garbage (full of bugs, restrictions and working slow - miss a local implementation)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the possibility to personalize the feedback at the end

Add the possibility to personalize the feedback at the end

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.