Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Branching into different forms

When choosing a certain option as your first option can take you to different questions fitted to that first option. If you were to choose option A, you would then receive questions only pertaining to option A. If you were to choose option B, those questions would then only pertain to option B and unrelated to option A. This would serve as a purpose in order to group multiple forms for the workplace in order to consolidate forms under one main form instead of multiple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adding "Next", "Previous" and "Submit"

Capability to add "Submit" to any section, so responder may submit their form at any point going to the next section. By default "Next" in all section other than last section and "Back" in all section other than first section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have never found a reset button for resetting branching under any ellipsis I have clicked on. NEVER!

I have never found a reset button for resetting branching under any ellipsis I have clicked on. NEVER!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Making "Go To" a single location for multiple options

If you have a long list of options where user intent gather feedback on, branching needs to be done for each of the options to a that single location. For example, in the attached image, intention is to gather user feedback for each of the hardware options. By selecting the option (i.e. SE, SR, Stage, Robot etc...), will direct the user to a location where additional details can be key-in. If there is a long list of such options, each one should be manually assigned to a single "Go T0" location and it is very troublesome. Especially when your list…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. enable the person who receives the responses to complete a section of the form.

e.g. if form is used to record complaint, the complaint might be reported by one person, however the response documented by another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Correct email inserted

How can I create the first section that is when a user name and family name are inserted together with a correct email - I can let the user proceed to the rest of the form and his/her email (Section 1 info) is sent to me as long as he inserted them corrected AND clicked continue -- -- or if the rest of the form / or another form link is sent to this mail - is that possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Correct email inserted

How can I create the first section that is when a user name and family name are inserted together with a correct email - I can let the user proceed to the rest of the form and his/her email (Section 1 info) is sent to me as long as he inserted them corrected AND clicked continue -- -- or if the rest of the form / or another form link is sent to this mail - is that possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Correct email inserted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Correct email inserted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Responce based questions

It would be nice to have responce based questions for example: if I asked how many locations do you have? It would be nice to be able to automatically populate follow up questions such as address, Contact, and phone number for each of the locations the a respondant has.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give option to hide/show question numbers in Quiz

When branching is used, the numbers are not going to be in sequence. Therefore, I suggest to give options to hide/show question numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Branch by score

I am making Quiz for e-learnig.
    I hate low score students going to next level Quiz.
    So I want to say the low score stsudents "try again",and high score stsudents "select this URL,go next"
    It would be a useful addictin. Thanks.

(Japanese)
    現在イーラーニングのクイズを作成しているものです。
    テスト結果で、お礼のメッセージの分岐ができれば、非常に有意義な使い方ができると思います。
    例えば、10点満点で、8点以上だと、次の問題や単元のurlが表示され、7点未満だと、もう一回解いてみろ、といえるようなものです。

これができると、formsのレベルはそれだけで上昇するはずです。ご検討ください。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Branch by score

I am making Quiz for e-learnig.
    I hate low score students going to next level Quiz.
    So I want to say the low score stsudents "try again",and high score stsudents "select this URL,go next"
    It would be a useful addictin. Thanks.

(Japanese)
    現在イーラーニングのクイズを作成しているものです。
    テスト結果で、お礼のメッセージの分岐ができれば、非常に有意義な使い方ができると思います。
    例えば、10点満点で、8点以上だと、次の問題や単元のurlが表示され、7点未満だと、もう一回解いてみろ、といえるようなものです。

これができると、formsのレベルはそれだけで上昇するはずです。ご検討ください。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. show selection on next section

Allow a selection to show on the next section with branching options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A back feature 'move to previous question' in Microsoft forms with a branching rule.

A back feature 'move to previous question' in Microsoft forms with a branching rule. But in the branching rule user will be able to select previous question along with next. Looks like bugs in the form, nice if form disabled\ remove the options for selecting previous section\question to reduce confusion of the users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Request regarding branching setting

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    分岐の設定についての要望
    Request regarding branching setting

■Description(内容):
    分岐の設定におきまして、現時点の動作では、移動先に前の質問やセクションを選択しても、最後の [送信] ボタンが表示され、こちらが望む動作になりません。

選択肢の質問で不正解を選択した場合は、移動先のセクションで不正解時の解説を表示させ、その後、前の質問に戻り再度回答させ、正解を選択した時だけ正解時の解説を表示させ、次の質問のセクション委移動させることで、全問正解の回答をした時に [送信] ボタンが押下できるようにしたいと考えています。

このため、分岐の設定で前の質問やセクションに移動できることを要望します。

In the branching settings, at present, even if you select a previous section to move to, the “Submit” button is still displayed, and we don’t want this to happen.

I want to be able to have users who selected the incorrect answers to questions to be directed to an explanation on what they got wrong, go back several times and re-submit responses, and only when they get the correct explanation be given an explanation for that, move to the next section, and then…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. conditional branching

I need branching to be based on the answers from multiple questions, not just one. For example: if the answer of Q1 is 7 AND the answer of Q2 is 9, go to Q10. However, if the answer of Q1 is 7 AND the answer of Q2 is 8, go to Q12

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to de-select responses after branching has occurred within a form.

Once branching has occurred displaying a resulting answer, if a user makes a selection within that branch, and decides to go back and select an alternate answer which re-directs the previous branch users can not deselect previous branched responses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.