Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Check enable option of automatic response when finished the form.

when we have just filled out the form, it forms a configurable automatic response to the user by email

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow forms to be saved in to a location that all employees can see, edit and use. (removing the need to share everything and send links)

Please create a location where you can save forms such that they are then available to all users in our organization. Right now you need to share via link. Anything in said group should just be available to all users in the organization.

We are going to use forms to create on/offboarding forms for our clients. But every team member will likely create several of these forms. It would be great if we could just drop them in to one place where everyone can see them.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the user to have the option to download a copy of their answers submitted via forms for their own records. Useful in education

I am trying to create a form that allows data collection from a large number of individuals, approx 100, on a weekly basis.

The participants will be undertaking training and need to submit a weekly log.

I have created a survey using Microsoft Forms and embedded it in the VLE i use.

The issue i face is this, the individual who completes the form/survey needs to retain a copy of the information submitted for their own records.

Is there a way the data can be saved before submitting to a pdf or word file etc?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide survey improvement recommendations for survey creator

Please add functionality to provide survey improvement recommendations for the survey creator. Let Microsoft Forms actively analyze the form during creation and provide the survey creator with tips how to improve the survey set up, making it more likely people complete your survey and you receive a higher response rate.

Provide information and recommendations such as:
    -How much time Microsoft Forms it takes for a respondent to complete the survey.
    -How complex the survey is and what the chance is people will complete their survey response instead of stepping out of the survey

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. import export to csv or json (better)

it would save me time a lot this feature
    I don't want to spend my day with UX

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharing forms with people outside 0365

I would like to share the forms that I create with people outside o365.When sharing the system says "Anyone with the link can view and edit" but they are confronted with a 0365 login.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow adding text to a question with choices

Example:

Q1: Name of participant

Choice 1: Mr.
    Choice 2: Mrs.
    Choice 3: Miss
    [Text box for inserting the name]

485 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rename the prompt: "Enter your answer"

Could we range the prompt in a text field. I would need: 'Type your name here' or any other prompt.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow notes for questions that only admin can see

Gives the admin options to add notes to a question such as page numbers, quick references or any other notes when viewing the quiz that the students do not see while taking the quiz.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove "Forms" from start of Forms poll question in Teams

In Teams, when we type "@Forms Is this a question? answer1, answer2" the poll question is "Forms Is this a question?" instead of "Is this a question?"

Also, replies to the poll post invoke @Forms again - so I always reply, delete @Forms, and say something about the poll (like "Add other options in replies.").

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to Answer Single Question Form from Email

It would be nice to allow users to be able to answer a single question form directly from email (similar to Microsoft Flow).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. assign colors to the pie chart.

I would like to have the option to assign colors to the pie chart.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. provide the ability to copy and paste a pre-existing list into a drop-down list

I would like the ability to copy and paste a list from Excel or Word and provide it as the selections to choose from in a drop-down list.

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Question format

Very basic point - could we add the option to split questions?

For example Question 1.a and Question 1.b.

Great for customer journey.

I wouldn't need this if the likart limit wasn't 10.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. change outputs of multiple selections (checkbox)

currently all selected options show as 1 output field, would be good to have each option shown and counted separately. When these are exported to Excel I would generally have to use text to columns to separate responses and then manipulate further to be able to count occurences of each option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. auto-populate with specified users synchronised office365/active directory data

I appreciate that when form entries are authored that the end user's email address is captured. It would be useful that when this occurs that other data from that user's Active Directory entry such as site location and phone number are captured on the form.

In a large organisation for equipment procurement, this would allow questions arising from the completed form or incomplete information to be sought quickly.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Security of Forms

If yo make a Form in "Office365Forms" and i share it with a Mail Link, for example to user1 and user2, user1 could re-send the link to user3 ( I don t want that user3 answer the form) and then have an answer from user3.

There should be a option to chosee that:
    anyone could resend the form
    or only my user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ограничение на количество вопросов в тесте (Limit on the number of questions in the test)

Здравствуйте!
    Я предлагаю в тесте сделать возможность установить в параметрах ограничение вопросов для участника. Например, мой тест состоит из 350 вопросов, я отправляю его участнику и при открытии он проходит 50 случайно выбранных программой вопросов из 350.

260/5000
    Zdravstvuyte!
    YA predlagayu v teste sdelat' vozmozhnost' ustanovit' v parametrakh ogranicheniye voprosov dlya uchastnika. Naprimer, moy test sostoit iz 350 voprosov, ya otpravlyayu yego uchastniku i pri otkrytii on prokhodit 50 sluchayno vybrannykh programmoy voprosov iz 350.
    Hello!
    I suggest in the test to make it possible to set the parameters in the parameters to limit the questions for the participant. For…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the option to copy a question form one form to another

This feature would allow teachers to share questions with other teachers and to create question banks

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link

Sugiro que coloquem a opção de diminuir o link, assim como o google forms faz, pois fica melhor para enviar aos participantes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.