Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make the share link smaller

If the sharelinks are smaller, it looks more professional and less confusing and disorientated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable a way to limit the number of checkboxes selected in a question

I have a question that has 20 checkbox options under it - I would like respondents to select 5 of the options, but I have no way of ensuring they only select 5. They can select any number and move on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. split multiple responses from a Form into individual rows in Excel worksheet

When you allow a user to select multiple responses, all the data is held in 1 cell. I need each each item (response) selected by the user to be stored in its own row with the data in the other columns duplicated over these rows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give us preformatted e-mail and adress boxes

Microsoft Forms lacks basic functionality to allow it to read e-mail addresses and real addresses. Other applications appear to allow this automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Check xbox one

I was in trouble. I bought an Xbox One but check on the spot was not possible, the seller offered me to check the console ID in my live account, with the console had no problems it was added to the list of my devices. I bought it, but connecting it to the Internet console was blocked in live. Why Microsoft allows you to add locked consoles to other accounts without notifying the account owner that the console he added is locked. I was tricked. I don't know what to do now. I'm asking Microsoft to help me unlock my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. have a voice based feedback

add Voice Based Responses to Form Questions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AI / Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The 'Settings' button doesn't work!

The 'Settings' button doesn't work, it keeps coming to a 'hang'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to hide “Create my own form” which is shown after users answered the forms

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    フォームに回答後に表示される画面の "独自のフォームの作成" について
    Allow us to hide “Create my own form” which is shown after users answered the forms

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms のフォームに回答後に表示される画面の "独自のフォームの作成" のリンクを非表示にする設定 (テナント全体、ユーザーごと) の追加を希望します。
    "独自のフォームの作成" のリンクをクリックすると、Microsoft Forms がライセンスされたユーザーは、フォームが作成可能な画面に推移し、ライセンス無しのユーザーは、"お使いのアカウントでは Microsoft Forms が有効になっていません" という画面に推移する動作を確認していますが、運用上非表示にさせたいと考えているので、何卒よろしくお願いします。

I would like to see the feature to hide “Create my own form” which is shown after users answered the forms (for entire tenant and by users).
    If the users have Microsoft Forms license, when they click “Create my own form”, they jump to forms creation page, but if they do not have license, the message will show up to tell…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to be able to print an Office 365 Form, before any answers have been submitted.

I would like to be able to print an Office 365 Form, before any answers have been submitted.
    I create this quiz in Office 365 for my students who have been issued a school computer.
    But I also teach students who have not been issued a computer. I need to have a PDF printout of the quiz, so that I can create paper copies for those particular students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Build a form from an already existing Excel spreadsheet

Create a form from an existing Excel spreadsheet's data.

Populate form questions from the headers of a table in the spreadsheet.

We've already got an Excel spreadsheet with running data inside of it. There are numerous rows already in existence, to build a form with the same columns and then have to go in and manually populate that data would be time consuming and tedious.

Additional feature functionality would have the pre-populated data fill in the response analytics as well.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to use Forms Pro in Internet Explorer

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Forms Pro の Internet Explorer 対応について
    Allow us to use Forms Pro in Internet Explorer

■Description(内容):
    Forms Pro が Internet Explorer で利用できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to use Forms Pro in Internet Explorer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  0 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. What is the Estimated time to deliver this? : add upload attachment for uploading a document, image

What is the Estimated time to deliver this? : add upload attachment for uploading a document, image

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. emails

When someone submit the form and based on the answers of the input, add the possibility to send emails to specific emails.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need an option to edit responses as an administrator

My data went awry and I'd like to be able to fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow items in the checkbox to be modified without losing data.

Need the option to correct spelling and make minor modifications without having the data move to other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show all text responses in summary

In the summary of responses of a survey only the 3 most recent text responses are visible. However it would be better if all of the responses were listed, or able to be printed on the summary.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change / Custom Numbering

I think it would be beneficial to Forms if the numbering could be changed.

For example instead of automatically going 1., 2. 3., I think it would be helpful to have the option to do "sub questions" i.e. 1a / 1b. Especially if you have a question and then want to ask comments relating to that question.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. provide an option to schedule a time for surveys to be sent out at a later date.

I would love to see you provide an option to schedule a time for surveys to be sent out at a later date.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Responder Field to be manually populated instead of populated by Sign-in

Would like to use form instead of a PDF or Word document or piece of paper when requesting information from customers. When I look at results it is showing responder as me. I would like to be able to have results the person I am entering data for not me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let me edit a response; use case: my form had a branch mistake causing a skip of 3 questions. Cant ask them to retake the entire survey

Let an owner Edit a response. For trace-ability you can mark as edited by survey owner. Mistakes happen and a question may be inadvertently skipped by branching error. It would be great to ask for the answers to the skipped questions and update them. Alternatively and optimally enable ability to send the missed questions back to the responded to fill in versus asking them to retake the entire survey.
    You could also warn that branching caused a skip of a required question
    You could also warn - when moving a question, that branching changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.