Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. External Users be able to upload files

External users can upload files to forms. Only users that are within the org can upload files. This is impractical for Non-profit customers that want to use forms to get files from volunteers. For forms to work, you have to licenses every user, this case every volunteer, with an account in order to upload a file. Other form solutions allow anyomous file uploads.

This creates issues now using another forms solution, then using Zapier to get the file ingested to a OneDrive location, and then finally using Flow ("power automate") to get that file into a Sharepoint library.

OR... you…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please prioritize including Somali, Oromo and Tigrinya in Microsoft Forms

Prioritize the following languages to increase local (Seattle) accessibility to Microsoft Forms. The City of Seattle uses Microsoft Forms to gather feedback from community members.

The top 15 languages in Seattle includes:
    • Somali (at least 10,000 residents)
    • Oromo (at least 5,000 residents)
    • Tigrinya (at least 5,000 residents)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add better response validation.

Add response validation to say that you can't enter certain data into a certain question (like number length and content, text length and content, valid email addresses, etc.). Like Google Forms. I had a Google Form and I am trying to convert it to Microsoft Forms but I need Response Validation!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable users to alter form title and description to dark text on a white background in order to improve accessibility

Currently it is only possible to display the title and description of a form as white text on a dark or coloured background. This can reduce accessibility for those with visual impairments. I would like to be able to edit the title and description to display as dark text on a light background.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to add timer and auto-submit setting

to add timer and auto-submit when the time is over

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add more supported languages

The multilingual support is great but we need more languages, especially African languages i.e. Somali and Oromo. We're able to offer most of the languages spoken in our area but the specific lack of African languages make it tough for us to reach those communities.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import/export between Word files

As a teacher starting to use Forms for quizzes and tests, it would be extremely helpful to do these two things:
    1) allow to import an existing quiz or test that was created in Word so that it populate the Title, directions, and all questions into the Forms fields. I can imagine that the user may have to do some reformatting of the original Word document so as to not confuse the conversion process, but it shouldn't be that hard to implement.
    2) allow to also export the form into a word document so that a hardcopy can be printed…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We need a way of organising all the forms into folders

As a school we use a large amount of forms, we need to be able to organise them into folders.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Limit responses. For instance, my forms only has 15 responses.

I would like that my forms only has a 15 responses o any number.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to create / share language-specific survey links for multilingual surveys.

Permit form creators to share language-specific survey links rather than requiring recipients to recognize that they can change the language via the dropdown. This can be politically inappropriate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow pictures for answer choices on Forms

As a teacher for students with significant cognitive disabilities, my students rely heavily on picture supports. It's a challenge for them to try to answer answers when I cannot add a picture directly into a picture choice. I am able to use a likert scale and "line up" answer choices with the likert option, but when I use that option, I cannot record a correct answer. Being able to add pictures to answer choices would make Forms so much more accessible for my students, and so much easier for me to use as a teacher.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a desktop app for Forms for teachers who are using Teams to quickly create and view assignments/quizzes on a daily basis

Teacher here: I'd like to see a desktop app for Forms to quickly create and view assignments/quizzes on a daily basis, especially now during COVID-19 quarantine when teachers are using Teams everyday

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unlimited characters in Form's Questions

Currently, Microsoft Form supports about 256 number of letters in question's sentences. I can not add long question to the Form. Please remove the limitation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow editing of link colors in the intro

It is not currently possible to change the link color in the intro panel, meaning it is almost invariably light blue against some dark background color (because the text is white by default). It would be better to allow us to customize the color of the text and the link or to automatically pick white or black for both based on which offers the best contrast. This is a huge accessibility oversight!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable the possibility to answer the form just one time for people outside the organization

Enable the possibility to answer the form just one time for people outside the organization

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. be able to move forms from groups to my forms or at least to copy from there

I moved a form to a group but now cannot use it as a template for another group or take back to my forms

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to Restore Deleted Responses from MS Forms

If I delete a response form MS Forms, there is not way to restore. Deleted forms can be restored from Recycle Bin, however deleted responses just vanishes. I would like to have ability to restore deleted responses from MS Forms. I did get about 10 calls from customers asking for the same.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Forms - prevent users from sending a form on to another email address

When I email a link for a user to fill in the form, they can't send the link on to someone else

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to create folders to keep forms in. It is not practical to have them scattered like they are.

The Forms view is terrible, I would like to be able to create folders and organize my quizes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.