Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. About export of Forms results

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Formsの結果出力について
    About export of Forms results

■Description(内容):
    Formsのアンケート結果画面で Excelで開くを選択するとローカルに保存される動作となっている。
    利便性向上のため、結果ファイルをOneDriveへ直接出力できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Selecting the option to open Forms survey results in Excel will save them locally.
    In order to improve usefulness, please add a way to directly export result files to OneDrive.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make sure that the excel form for the responses is in order as the questions appear

I have edited the form based on feedback from the first few responses, The excel forms is now out of order that the questions appear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. create a function in Microsoft Forms where it automatically creates an online Excel file from the "Responses" tab

Right now, I have to create a special Excel file in OneDrive to link to the Form, which seems very counter productive compared to Google Form. In Google Forms, I can just make a Form and it automatically links to a Google Sheet and sync all later responses to that Sheet automatically.

In MS Forms, I have to create and EXCEL file in ONEDRIVE first, if not I can never link a MS Forms to and Excel file. All the extra steps are very counter-intuitive for a Business product like this.

Please help add a function where I can just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Forms function to change the responder’s “email” to the primary mail address instead of UPN when opening responses in Excel

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Formsにて、応答内容を "Excel で開く" で開いた際に、応答者の "メール" の項目を UPN ではなく プライマリ メール アドレスに変更する機能の実装を希望
    Forms function to change the responder’s “email” to the primary mail address instead of UPN when opening responses in Excel

■Description(内容):
    応答内容を "Excel で開く" にて開いた際に、"メール" の項目を非表示にする機能を希望いたします。
    背景としては、UPN にユーザー固有の番号が含まれており、この番号を個人情報と捉え、回答として希望しない場合があるためです。

Please add a way to hide the “Email” item when you open a response using “Open in Excel”.
    As background, user specific numbers are contained within the UPN, and these numbers may be classed as personally identifiable information which you do not want to be included in responses.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dynamic restriction value on a Number input

For example:
    There are currently 10 devices in stock and my Form should check stock dynamically to restrict outbound field less or equal to 10 devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drop Down - upload an excel file instead of updating it one-by-one into the form

it'd be great if im able to upload a list from my excel file so that respondents are able to select from the drop down list. It's time consuming if i need to update the drop down list into the Form.. assuming i have more than 30 to be updated one-by-one...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to move Excel Forms table location in SharePoint folders.

Currently I have and really love the ability to create a Forms in Excel and have an associated Excel work book where I can view, edit and link Power BI directly to the data in real time!

However, I need to relocate the file location for the workbook and this breaks the link to the Forms, so it seems the only option is to recreate the Forms from scratch, re-merge the data, AND send a new link to all existing users to transition to.

Am i missing something here or can this be enabled? Can Forms have an option to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. forms 打不开excel

forms 打不开excel ,why

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Compile survey results at the template level

I would love to have the ability to set up a template, create a copy several times, collect responses for each copy, then see all of the results compiled at the template level.

Here's an example:
    1. I plan to give weekly presentations and I want to set up a survey to collect feedback about my presentation skills and performance.
    2. I create a template with questions that I want to ask after every presentation.
    3. For each presentation, I copy the template and customize it slightly by adding the name of the presentation and the date to the copy. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please make the responses available on Excel online (like Google forms has it)

It would be great if the resposes could be seen on online Excel document in One drive, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The survey chart is supposed to be exported as excel file, it's better to manage.

The survey chart is supposed to be exported as excel file, it's better to manage.
    the existing excel function just show the data rather than the chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Attach an online spreadsheet to the responses. Organizer needs to be able to track progress and update as needed.

It is ridiculous that this downloads the results every time when I'm in an Office 355 corporate account. I need to be able to maintain a dynamic spreadsheet with the answers and be able to add actions/notes to them for tracking. Whomever thought of this should be looking at Google Forms and learn.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fix Forms so that when you have deleted answers from a form, they don't keep appearing in newer versions of the Excel document.

Several times, I have deleted all answers from a form, but then re-used that form and when I download the Excel file for it, all the old answers that I have deleted directly in Forms are still there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. display section titles in responses

You need to include the section titles in the response and the excel export to you know what questions are in in each section

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a report where you can see people that responded vs. people sent to

Have a report where you can see people that responded vs. people sent to

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hola, deberi existir una opcion donde si uno elimina las respuestas, estas se puedan recuperar.

Hola, deberi existir una opcion donde si uno elimina las respuestas, estas se puedan recuperar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable MS Forms to not store numbers as text in Excel

Currently MS Forms stores numbers as text when the data is downloaded to Excel. It would be great to not have this occur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.