Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Images do not appear

We often make a form with an image in the questions. Very often it happens that these images do not appear with the fillers. Big problem with a Quiz where the sources are often in the image.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print the form or save as PDF to be printed

Print the form or save as PDF to be printed

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print a form without responses

Add the option to print a form without responses.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display names in Forms results

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Forms による集計時の表示名について
    Display names in Forms results

■Description(内容):
    Forms で作成した課題などの集計結果を確認する際、投稿者の表示名に姓名が登録されている場合、表示名ではなく、姓名が表示されてしまう。投稿者名を表示名で統一するよう、動作改修を要望します。

When viewing combined results from questions created in Forms, if the respondent has registered their surname, then their surname is shown in place of their display name. Please make it so that all respondent names are shown as display names.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Forms layout breaks down

■Title(件名):
    Forms のレイアウト崩れについて
    Forms layout breaks down

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms のレイアウトについて、ご利用 PC の解像度によっては、フォームの入力欄と文字が重ねる場合がございます。
    お客様によっては、画面サイズの小さいノート PC をご利用の場合もございますため、あらゆる解像度に対応したレイアウトへの改善を希望いたします。

Depending on the display resolution of the PC being used, the form entry areas and text on the page can overlap in Microsoft Forms layouts.
    Since there are customers who use notebooks with small screens, please make it so that forms are displayed correctly on different screen resolutions.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the issue where scoring for quiz answer options which include square brackets [] does not work

■Title(件名):
    クイズの選択肢に [] を含むと 正しく採点されない動作の改修を希望します。
    Fix the issue where scoring for quiz answer options which include square brackets [] does not work

■Description(内容):
    クイズで選択肢の設問を作成する際、選択肢のオプションを [1] など [] を含む形式で登録すると、採点が正しく行われません。
    具体的には、[スコアを投稿する] など Forms 上での採点は正しく行われるものの、[Excel で開く] をクリックし、Excelで表示した際には [] を含む選択肢の回答は得点なしとして採点されない動作になります。

この動作の改修を希望します。

When creating answer options in a quiz, if you add options such as “[1]” which include square brackets [], the scoring function does not work correctly.
    Even though the “post score” functions etc. in Forms work for scoring correctly, if you click “Open in Excel”, the answer options which include square brackets have no score, and therefore are not included…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. File names when uploading to Forms

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms からファイルをアップロードした際のファイル名について
    File names when uploading to Forms

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms の "ファイルのアップロード" の設問からファイルをアップロードすると、保存先に "アップロードしたファイル名_アップロードしたユーザー名" というファイル名で保存されます。
    アップロードしたユーザー名の文字数に関わらず、ファイル名が 50 文字までで、それ以上に長いファイ名は途中で切れてしまします。
    アップロード時のファイル名を反映させたいので、すべてのファイル名が反映されるように要望します。

If you upload a file using the “File upload” question type in Forms, the file is saved as “<Name of uploaded file>_<Name of user>”.
    Since there is an upper limit on the length of file names at 50 characters, regardless of how long the user’s name is, if the file name goes over 50 characters it will be cut off.
    We want to have file names be correctly reflected when uploaded, so please make it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAANAAQ_UL-xUN09GTTk0WEtTQlpBMUpXTjU4WVZCV0VGWS4u

THIS LINK IS A FORM THAT I CREATED . HOWEVER I CANNOT SEE THE RESPONSE AND DISAPPEAR ,ALSO NOT IN RECYCLE BIN, HOW, WHAT SHOULD I DO

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

220 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Forms in teams does not work for external users in a meeting

When in a meeting with external user, the external user won't be able to send its response to a form created in the meeting with Microsoft Forms integration for Teams (see image herewith).

The form created is available for anonymous user and can be filled in the browser when the link is sent to the user. However it does not work inside teams which is a bug.

There is an error message that is displayed "An error occured..." when the user clicks on the Send button. When looking in the network developper tools, we can see that there is a…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Quiz start and end time

Unable to customize start and end times less than 30 Minutes.
    Example: Cannot set start time as 6:40 PM and 6:55 PM

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upload Feature in Microsoft Forms

File upload is not available in Microsoft Forms as described in the Microsoft support links.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Question-wise analysis isn't loading consistently

The questions-wise analysis on the forms is not loading. Some times the actual question doesn't load some times the details of how many are in each response does not load. It's not a big data set either, only 44 responses. This is very frustrating.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Not change respondent #s in form results

I have a form that we had done a few test responses that we deleted in the beginning of the form. For the first 2 months using the form, the first respondent was listed as "Respondent 1," despite the fact that we had done those three tests - because we had deleted them before the first "real" submission. Then, today, all of our respondent #s are off by 3. So the first respondent who used to be "Respondent 1" is now "Respondent 4" (See attached screenshots from when the form was submitted in March, and from today). I assume because…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Language changes to English when an update is applied

■Title(件名):
    言語設定が機能更新時に英語表示となる事象
    Language changes to English when an update is applied

■Description(内容):
    このたびは Forms にて言語設定が機能更新時に英語表示となる事象を確認した。Forms に限らず、利用サービスの言語設定が異なる言語に表示される事象は今後発生しないよう改善を希望する。

We recently encountered an event where an update caused the language on Forms to change to English. Please eliminate instances where the language changes to one other than that set for use on all services, not only Forms.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore form management screen tab labelled 応答 (as in echo return, ping) to 回答 (reply, survey return) (Japanese version)

■Title(件名):
    フォーム管理画面のタブが "応答" となっているため、以前の "回答" の表示に戻すことが出来る機能の実装を希望します。
    Option to restore form management screen tab labelled 応答 (as in echo return, ping) to 回答 (reply, survey return) (Japanese version)

■Description(内容):
    フォーム管理画面にて、フォームへの回答結果を確認する部分のタブが
    以前は "回答" という表示だったのだが、"応答" との表示に変更になっている。
    "応答" という表示だと違和感があり、また以前から "回答" の表示に慣れているため、元の "回答" という表示に戻すか、もしくは "応答" と "回答" の表示を選択できる機能の拡充を希望する。

On the Japanese-language version of the form admin screen, there is a tab which allows you to check the results from form responses.
    Previously, this tab was labelled 回答 “Responses” (meaning ‘reply’, ‘survey return’), but it has been changed to 応答 “Responses” (as in ‘echo return’, ‘ping’ etc). The word 応答 for “Responses” feels unnatural, and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't Submit Response in Preview Mode

When in Preview, the response I submit shouldn't be recorded.

Preview should be like a test stage. Currently, I have to delete the response to try submitting a test response again.

In Preview mode, I am simply testing the Form created. I want to be able to easily go back and try different responses to see if everything is working correctly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Multilingual settings

I wish to administer a survey in multiple languages in order to improve accessibility. I found it was not possible to add good-quality Arabic translations, as the sentence structure was disrupted because Microsoft forms are printing my survey questions/answer from left to right. I do not want to change my Microsoft account's language settings in order to fix the survey, nor do I want to create a separate MSFT form in order to add this simple feature to my survey. Google Forms is not a good alternative either. Multilingual settings must be improved!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Quiz results for class not together - why?

I had a class take a quiz, and 2/3 finished it promptly. Then I saw the quiz in my Forms page and it said only 3 finished it, and they were three names who weren't in the original 2/3 that Teams displayed as having finished it. Now I cannot get the class results to compile as a whole. Why is this happening?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: deleted results are still calculated in the questions based analaysis section

I created a form, and then tested it with several dummy results.
    Then I deleted the results and published it to some users.
    When I recieved the results back I noticed that in the questions analysis the results still reflect deleted results.. this is a huge pain , and actually ruined my analysis which is based on small number of results to begin with.

The section I refer to is where you show charts per question according to its results.

How can I truly delete the results so I can enjoy the statistics of the real results?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make changes to the UI displayed for multiple choice questions on iPad

■Title(件名):
    iPad で選択肢の設問を表示する際の UI 変更を希望します。
    Make changes to the UI displayed for multiple choice questions on iPad

■Description(内容):
    フォームで選択肢の設問を表示する際、iPhoneではオプションごとに色付けがされており、誤って他オプションを選択することはありませんが、iPadの場合は色でラベルが明確に示されておらず、余白と認識してタップすると意図せず他のオプションを選択してしまいます。
    この動作により、"その他" オプションに入力した内容が消えてしまう動作が発生するため、iPhone同様、ユーザーがラベルを意識しやすい UI へ変更することを希望します。

When a multiple choice question is shown on a form, on iPhone each option has a different color to prevent incorrect selection, but on iPad the label is shown with a color, so users can think that it is a margin and upon tapping it select an option they don’t intend.
    Since doing this also removes anything that’s been input into the “Other” option, please make labels easier to recognize in the UI like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.