Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timer for Quiz (Time Limit for quiz)

This item covers multiple considerations:

Adding a time limit to quiz
    Adding a time limit to individual questions within a quiz
    Visible timer on screen
    Options to auto submit after time expires

2,868 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

326 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement automatic questionnaire submission at the end of time.

Implement the option to automatically send the questionnaire when the time limit is reached. Example the student is in question 7 and there are 10 questions, if he arrived at the time limit of the questionnaire and it is not over, he is unable to send, we have some examples in which the student forgets time and when sending he is unable to send more, because the sending time. With that it is correct to be automatic ending with what he has done so far if possible until a timer with the shutdown.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the option to shuffle questions within quiz sections

When using sections within a quiz, there should be an option to "shuffle questions" within each section.
    Currently, the option to shuffle questions is not available at all when a quiz contains sections.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to give multiline answers to text answers i.e. use simple formatting

I would like to request that, for the purpose of testing students about coding, text answers can use the return/enter button to produce multiple lines thus giving the ability to produce discrete lines with indentation to format code/pseudocode like this:

INPUT number

FOR x = 1 TO 10
    OUTPUT number * 10

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assign correct answer for likert scale for quiz mode.

Currently it is not possible to assign a correct answer for those provided in likert. This severly restricts the types of creative question asking that would be possible in a quiz. Why provide the likert scale if it cannot be marked?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timer on the quizzes

In quizzes on ms team, there should be a timer in the quizzes so that students will know the timing and do their quizzes accordingly.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve the accuracy of Forms’ automatic scoring function

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms の自動採点機能の精度の向上
    Improve the accuracy of Forms’ automatic scoring function

■Description(内容):
    クイズを自動採点についての要望です。記述式問題では、句読点や送りがななどが一字一句まで正答と一致している回答のみ正解とされ、一字でも違えば不正解とされてしまいます。句読点・送りがなにかかわらず、柔軟に正答を判別する自動採点の精度の向上を希望します。

In description-type questions, only answers which have exactly matching words and punctuation are considered to be correct by the automatic scoring system in quizzes, such that even one character which doesn’t match causes it to be deemed to be incorrect. Please improve the accuracy of this, such that it determines the correct/incorrect state of a response more flexibly, allowing for variations in wording and punctuation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Merge many quizzes into one quiz

Combined for example lesson quizzes into a chapter quiz and edit it rather build a new one form scratch

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please, please enable the user to edit the form responses after they have already submitted.

Currently, there is only the possibility to resend the form, needing to fill in all mandatory responses again, and this even generates a new record in the ecxel file and in the response report, and disfigures the response report graphics.
    If there is a possibility to edit the form, just as Google allows, the user to answer it can correct and update his answers, simplifying everything.
    In situations where data updates are expected, or corrections are to be made, or partial fill-in is possible, this is totally useful.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Countdown Timer

Test should be timed with a countdown timer please, with this you are going to beat Google.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict copy and paste

■Title(件名):
    コピー & ペーストの禁止についての要望

Restrict copy and paste

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms を利用してオンライン試験をしたいと思います。

不正回答を防止するため、外部からコピーしたものを回答欄にペーストすることを禁止したいです。

機能追加として要望します。

I want to carry out assessments online using Forms.

In order to prevent cheating, I want to be able to restrict copy-pasting into the response fields.

Please make this possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multilingual group quiz

There are great multilingual options in Forms which are very useful. For some reason, group quizzes do not have the multilingual setting available. Please allow multilingual group forms!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can you please add an option for VIEW ONLY.

We use forms to create a quiz for all of our teachers in the county. The results are submitted into FORMS. I share the FORMS access with our deptartment so they can view the quiz results. I do not want my deptartment staff to have both view and edit capability. I only want them to have view capability but this is not an option. Please add this option.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Time limit for the quiz

Please, enable time limit for the quiz. Thank you :)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make quiz time limit.

Microsoft Teams Form - Quiz option should have time limit

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase the maximum number of Forms that can be created

As a teacher I have been making forms to use with my classes set through Teams. This has been invaluable but I have now reached the limit of 200 Forms and cannot create any more.

My classes are now finally used to doing them and if I cannot make any more then I will have to start again with another platform.

If I use another teachers Form through using the Template, it creates it in my area and so I can't do that either.

I really want to continue to use this and out school is fully using Microsoft so…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Forms to be returned to students for corrections

My teachers are using MS Forms more often to assign quizzes to students through TEAMS. They would like to ability to grade a quiz, return it, and allow students to make corrections and turn it in again.

As of now, teachers have to remember to go into settings and allow students to submit more than once, but many are not remembering and it is too late to change after they have already responded to the quiz.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. shuffling sections

It would be great if MS Forms allows shuffling break sections to prevent cheating on the online exam. I realized that shuffling questions is only possible when all questions are on the same section. Since I give quiz one question per page, it would be great if sections would be shuffled. Also, if there is a progress bar at the bottom of page, it would be greeat!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display of quiz results after responding

■Title(件名):
    クイズ回答後の結果の表示について
    Display of quiz results after responding

■Description(内容):
    現在、回答者にクイズの結果を表示させる方法として、自動的に表示させるまたはスコアを投稿することで結果を表示させることが可能だが、表示される内容については問題の正誤および点数すべてが表示される動作となっている。
    点数のみを表示させることで、採点点数のみを見せ問題の回答を知らせずにテストを実施することが可能となるため、クイズの結果表示をする際に、点数のみを表示する機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, as a way for a respondent to display the results of a quiz, it either is displayed automatically, or in posting a score the result is shown. However, in the shown content, either the correct/wrong answers, or all the individual marks are displayed.
    If you could only show respondents the final score, it would be possible to implement tests where the respondents do not get to see the answers to questions, so please make this possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add shuffle questions within a section

It is importante for teachers to have different questions in every quiz. Since we don't have the option of a question bank and create random quizzes, having the opportunity to shuffle questions within a section is the best option to "create the illusion" of different quizzes for each student.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 86 87
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.