Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3,187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

269 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. External Users be able to upload files

External users can upload files to forms. Only users that are within the org can upload files. This is impractical for Non-profit customers that want to use forms to get files from volunteers. For forms to work, you have to licenses every user, this case every volunteer, with an account in order to upload a file. Other form solutions allow anyomous file uploads.

This creates issues now using another forms solution, then using Zapier to get the file ingested to a OneDrive location, and then finally using Flow ("power automate") to get that file into a Sharepoint library.

OR... you…

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forms should have option to give required time limit for the whole quiz and after that time limit quiz end quiz automatic submitted

Forms should have option to give required time limit for the whole quiz and after that time limit quiz end quiz automatic submitted

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Images do not appear

We often make a form with an image in the questions. Very often it happens that these images do not appear with the fillers. Big problem with a Quiz where the sources are often in the image.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folders to organize forms

I am enjoying using forms for my e- learning classroom. As I teach many subjects, It would be great if we have folders to organize the forms that we have. I understand the search button is there, but it still would be a lot more organised.

I would organise my folders:
    Science
    Week 8
    Form for Sunday, Form for Monday and so on.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. support Haitian Creole as a form interface language

Include a language code identifier for Haitian Creole in Microsoft Forms.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Folders are needed

Need to have a folders option to organize forms into groups. Currently I have to do quite a bit of additional work sharing the weblink as link within a folder in OneDrive just to have things better organized.

I know many people have suggested this already, adding an additional post in hopes of bringing move visibility to this clear problem.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow multiple line maths expression in MS Forms

When creating Maths Quiz, long mathematical expressions get truncated in mobile view. Please allow multiple lines of maths expressions.
    Still better if full Latex features are allowed, so that we can copy paste from MathType in latex form.
    I am attaching screenshots of desktop view and mobile view of the quiz. You can spot the difference in the equations.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Print the form or save as PDF to be printed

Print the form or save as PDF to be printed

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the option to shuffle questions within quiz sections

When using sections within a quiz, there should be an option to "shuffle questions" within each section.
    Currently, the option to shuffle questions is not available at all when a quiz contains sections.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add branching for answers not just questions please

Would it be possible to add branching options to answers given on a form rather than the question. Eg yes ... you got this correct. The next question is...
    No ... review the lesson on ... then answer the question again.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. FORMS Preview Link

Ability for anyone to view your PREVIEW link.

Right now I have individuals that need to review the FORMS output, but cannot preview it because they don't have an account. They don't need to be a collaborator. It would be really nice if I can send out a preview link to anyone that I want and it will not track the results.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Embed Microsoft form results in powerpoint

I want to be able to embed Microsoft Form live results and charts in PowerPoint without taking snapshots and pasting it.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transfer ownership of Forms from one group to another group

Ability to transfer ownership of a Form from one Office 365 Group to a different Office 365 Group. Often one group will create the forms during a time-limited project but then need to hand over the form at the end of the project to a different group who will use, manage and maintain the form moving forwards. Currently there is no obvious way to move a form out of one group to a different group.

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An option to limit the number of responses

I need to do registrations for events that have only limited number of seats. For that It would be great if I could do a survey that closes after certain amount of responses.

1,186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  155 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Templates

Instead of creating a new form for every class scheduled, create a number of template forms that can be opened, modified, personalized if necessary before sharing.

We make email templates for repeated emails, we make word templates for repeated items, why not forms?

1,937 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Forms user,

Greatly appreciated for sharing the feedbacks in the survey and comments. Given we’ve heard many inspiring suggestions, this survey is closed.

Next step, we are driving the effort to onboard template to Forms users soon.

17. Print a form without responses

Add the option to print a form without responses.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow O365 Guests to sign into Forms and complete a survey

Allow O365 Guest to complete a survey and have their name automatically recorded and allow one response per person.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. About the time zone change function of [Start Time] and [Completion Time] in the [Forms Pro] Export file

[Start Time] and [Completion Time] of the file that can be exported from Response details are displayed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
    It is very convenient to have a function that allows you to change the displayed time zone setting, assuming that it will be used worldwide.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Forms function to change the responder’s “email” to the primary mail address instead of UPN when opening responses in Excel

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Formsにて、応答内容を "Excel で開く" で開いた際に、応答者の "メール" の項目を UPN ではなく プライマリ メール アドレスに変更する機能の実装を希望
    Forms function to change the responder’s “email” to the primary mail address instead of UPN when opening responses in Excel

■Description(内容):
    応答内容を "Excel で開く" にて開いた際に、"メール" の項目を非表示にする機能を希望いたします。
    背景としては、UPN にユーザー固有の番号が含まれており、この番号を個人情報と捉え、回答として希望しない場合があるためです。

Please add a way to hide the “Email” item when you open a response using “Open in Excel”.
    As background, user specific numbers are contained within the UPN, and these numbers may be classed as personally identifiable information which you do not want to be included in responses.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 534 535
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.