Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make forms more user friendly.

My idea is to have the option for form responses to open in a workbook in your 365 account. That way data can be accessed immediately as it changes.

I use forms for students to sign up for retake and make up tests and it's not user friendly to update the document with my remarks on it when it has to download a new file each time you want to view it in excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. jz

in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel is not correct

Hi, there seems to be a problem with our exports to excel. For example there are 40 respondents. When we go through each respondent everything is okay but when we do an export to excel there are missing respondents so it isn't an accurate overview in that way.

Are we doing something wrong or is there a bug in the system?

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Collaborate in Excel is not trait forward and confusing for newbies

You really must create a better and more guided approach to collaborating across Office applications, in particular Excel. For newbies or users of Google Apps it's very confusing and tricky to collaborate without getting a locked or read-only file. Especially, when each collaborator has different Office 365 Accounts for different companies. Another example, if a collaborator works for Microsoft, another is a student at WSU, and a third has a personal office subsription, there just isn't an intuitive or well through through integration to get this to work together. If it doesn't work there is no indication why or guided…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow different data field name to the question name in Excel Forms

With Smartsheet, I can create a sheet then create a form attached to it. The sheet has data fields (which will subsequently be imported straight into ERP system) which have names that mean nothing to users so for the form questions I use more friendly names that users can understand, so eg the data field "Copied Variant Code" is seen by users as "Enter the variant code you want to copy from here...", there is then further help text (which MS Forms already covers). Would love to see this in Teams for Excel - Only reason why we will still…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. view the form responses as a spreadsheet rather than a summary page

I think i prefer Googleforms because i can add a column to mark when i have actioned a response without having to download a new excel file every time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. view the form responses as a spreadsheet rather than a summary page

I think i prefer Googleforms because i can add a coloumn to mark when i have actioned a response without having to download a new excel file every time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. crosstab results analysis in excel

To do filtering and crosstab in XL, the export of Qs with the possibility of Multiple Ticks has to place each possible answer in a separate column - rather than separate in a single column using a semicolon.

Yes you can put these in multiple columns BUT each answer to "how did you hear about us?" needs to be in same column and.say via your website, in another column reserved just for those nswers.

If this is already feasible, then please let me know how.

Thanks
    David

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hi, i am having issue in getting e-mail and name of person who have responded on the microsoft form Quiz

while donwloading excel file for responses provided by members in quiz (Microsoft form) , I am not able to check the e-mail id and name of person.
    Please let me know,How I will able to get the e-mail and name of person in the form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to export out the results in a table (like from Google forms)

I recommend to add the ability to export out the results in a table format (eg. excel sheet) like Google forms provides.

It would enable to filter the results based on specific responses (eg. demography, role, etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel to Forms

Hi,
    i have in excel two tables, one table with person data (mails), and second table with questions in first column, and another columns with answers, one question have 5 answer another 3 answer.
    Is possible when I select in "Data" "Forms", get one wizard which connect all tables from excel with form. And after few selects in wizard, I get new Form with all questions and answers for select, and automatic all mails in forms for sending.
    Or is it possible to do with flow.
    Best regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to customize ID which shown when you export answers to Excel

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    回答結果を Excel へ出力した際の表示について
    Allow us to customize ID which shown when you export answers to Excel

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms にて回答結果を Excel へ出力した際に表示される ID 列について、カスタマイズすることができないため、Forms 側の機能にてカスタマイズできるよう機能の拡張を希望します。

I would like to see the feature in Forms to customize ID which shown when you export answers to Excel in Microsoft Forms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to use form as a maintenance log book

The viewing of responses should be opened without downloading a new excel sheet everytime. It should simply update the first sheet. This excel sheet should then be able to be shared with other microsoft users.

Also, The excel sheet should be able to be edited so that additional items for form managers can be added such as follow up or completed check boxes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bachiller

Preguntas del bachiller

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Questions in the excel output should also contain the serial no of questions as in the actual form.

When we take output from the Microsoft forms, Questions mentioned in the top row in the excel output should also contain the serial no of questions as in the actual form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ao baixar o Relatório em Excel, o mesmo não traz o total de pontos

Fiz as configurações de valor do ponto para cada questão, mas ao baixar o relatório em excel com os resultados das respostas, o mesmo não traz o total de ponto. A célula fica em branco.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.