Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Forms Results, Make it Open in Excel Online instead Saving to Hard Drive

When Viewing Forms Results, it shows a Link for "Open in Excel"

When you click on that, it Opens a Windows message to save to hard drive. Why not open in Office Online?

It is time consuming to save and then re-upload to share with the team. Please Fix This!

It seems like it is meant to open up in Office Online (Office 365), but it was just coded wrong.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Store excel sheet in SharePoint instead of OneDrive

Allow users to select whether the data is stored in an Excel sheet in OneDrive or SharePoint, rather than forcing the user to store it in OneDrive. This makes it easier for others to perform analytics on the data.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lista Desplegable en las respuestas

que una respuesta tenga la opción de una lista desplegable para una respuesta más detallada por ejemplo:
    A que categoría perteneces?
    Categoría x

Complemento 1 categoría x

Complemento 2 categoría x

Y Así sucesivamente

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include subtitles in response output

I really like Forms, but I just discovered something that almost makes them useless in my current use case.
    I can "group" questions at design time by using a common Title but different subtitles within each set of questions.
    However, the Responses lose the subtitle making the answers useless. Since I use the Excel file to port answers to another application, I can't use subtitles to distinguish questions within the Titled group.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Length of number of mobile or telephone number

If person want to write mobile number and if number is shorter or longer than desire length is should not be accepted.

If some text is in a specific format like xx-xx-xx-xxxx and as person writes it should be in that format only

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make features consistent between OneDrive and SharePoint

Working with a Form linked to a OneDrive spreadsheet and it seems to work OK.

When I open a spreadsheet in a SharePoint folder I get a feature called "Survey" but I guess I shouldn't use that becasue it's on its way to being depreciated?

I'm terrified to move files or open in desktop Excel for fear of breaking them.

This reminds be of the Skype / Skype For Business / Lync debacle.

More coherence in product roadmaps please!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. to import questions in Excel into Microsoft Forms.

Is it possible to import questions in Excel into Microsoft Forms?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to use PowerShell to operate the same features which are in Microsoft Forms UI

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms の PowerShell についての要望
    Allow us to use PowerShell to operate the same features which are in Microsoft Forms UI

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms の [Excel で開く] のダウンロードを、GUI 上ではなく PowerShell でもできるように要望します。
    [Excel で開く] のダウンロード以外でも、Microsoft Forms 上での操作を PowerShell でできるようにあわせて要望します。

It would be great if we will have the same feature in PowerShell as downloading from [Open in Excel].
    Also, I would like to use PowerShell to operate the same features which are in Microsoft Forms UI.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Onedrive personal users to save Forms excel automatically within their Onedrive

Allow Onedrive personal users to save Forms excel automatically within their Onedrive.

I have a form for personal use that automatically can calculate information that I need from a table, however I want to be able to edit that table.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have white as the background color of the forms because all the background colors are in dark colors.

Forms background color is only in dark colors. I want a white background color with black or grey text.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. incluam a opção de anexar a arquivo como resposta.

incluam a opção de anexar a arquivo como resposta.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. changes in response excel should change the graphs under responses

Now that i got the response from survey,looking at the result i modify the excel, the data back under Forms response does not change.
    the graph and analysis of response data should be generated from the excel and any changes in excel should change the response data

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Responses not recorded for unmodified ranking questions

When a Forms question is set up as a 'Rating' type, and if a responder leaves the ratings as is and doesn't upvote or downvote any items on the list (i.e. keeps the default ratings) then submits the Form, the default ranking is not exported to Excel for that responder.

It looks like Forms is treating this question as a blank response, but it is a valid use case for a responder to just accept the default ranking and submit the Form. Forms should still record this as a valid response and allow this to be exported to Excel

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the possiblility to embed a form afterwards in excel online. Add more features to excel online like "protect a sheet"

At the moment it is only possible to add a "new form" to excel but it is not possible to add an existing form to excel online.

Also it is not possible to protect a sheet. It would be very helpful to add at least a little more functions to excel online. Best way would be to get excel online as many functions as excel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. two surveys, one excel doc

I would like to have two surveys: one before event and another after event where the responses are tracked in one single place (there would be one unique field response in the second survey that would signal which row to place the results in the first excel doc.) Is this possible?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We hope that deleted questions will not be output in Excel output for Microsoft Forms

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms で、削除された設問をExcel 出力の際に出力しないようにしてほしい。
    We hope that deleted questions will not be output in Excel output for Microsoft Forms

■Description(内容):
    現在のフォームは一度出力した後、フォームから設問を削除すると、削除したものがそのままExcelへ出力されるが、削除した設定や設問はExcelに出力しないようにしてほしい。
    If a question is deleted from the form after outputting the current form once, the deleted one will be output to Excel as it is. Please do not output the deleted settings and questions to Excel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When adding a 'number' restriction, have the data exported as 'number' instead of 'text'

Data from forms exporting to Excel converts numbers into text

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to link several forms to one Excel (different tabs) in Forms for Excel

I want to create excel file with different data entry forms for different users. For this reason would be good to be able to have multiple forms linked to excel instead of just one.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show “UPN” and “Primary email address” when opening a survey result in Excel

■Title(件名):
    Forms の "Excel で開く" について

Show “UPN” and “Primary email address” when opening a survey result in Excel

■Description(内容):
    Forms の "Excel で開く" にて回答結果を表示した際に、"メール" 項目にメールアドレスではなく UPN が表示されるため、UPN とプライマリ メールアドレスの項目を追加していただくよう要求する。または、表示項目を選択できる機能の追加を要求する。

In Microsoft Forms, when opening a survey result in an Excel file using “Open in Excel, only UPN is shown in “Email” column and no Email address is shown.
    For improvement of usability, please add “UPN” and “Primary email address” columns. Or let us choose the information type to be displayed.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export results with separate surname and first name and the score percentage.

Hi,

It would be great if I could sort the results by surname. I would also l to have the score percentage added to the export.
    Besides it would be very welcome to be able to select what information is exported.

Thanks in advance

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.