Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is it possible to have all entries updated into one spreadsheet rather than open new ones

To make Forms update one spreadsheet rather than opening a new one each time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow customization for which data are included within the compiled Excel doc.

I do not use a significant portion of the columns within the Excel doc, and Quizzes with many questions makes editing this aspect of the document tedious.

Please let me know if this (already helpful) feature is modified to allow customization of the Excel columns included in the generated document.

Thank you for your time. I hope all is well during these stressful times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. conta de água

conta de luz

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please fix the bug that makes an apostrophe appear before a number in the spreadsheet generated by a Microsoft Form.

When someone answers a question in Microsoft Form with a number, an apostrophe automatically appears right before the number, making it not count as a number. This means that I have to jump through a lot of hoops just to use those numbers in formulas in other sheets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Forms should not generate corrupt Excel files

I can't get any of my forms data because the Excel files generated can't be opened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix excel

When you export the responses to EXCEL, the last 3 responses ARE NOT ON THE EXCEL FILE! Fix your reliability and we could use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export results without Excel's interpretation

There needs to be way to export the results without Excel interfering with them. This could be CSV export, or give us the option to run the results through Excel's very good import function before displaying.

When opening the results in Excel online, Excel tries to be helpful and automatically interprets some fields. The most destructive is where Excel decides that something is a date. Once it's decided my data is a date, I don't seem able to get the original text value back.

The results are inconsistent and seem to default to US date interpretation, for example:
    "1 -…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to be able to funnel each section to its own individual tab within my sheet that is capturing the data.

I would like to be able to funnel each section to its own individual tab within my sheet that is capturing the data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add conditional subquestions based on imported information

If a form user inputs their unique user id then that triggers conditional subquestions based on what is attached to their user id in an Excel sheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. lector de datos

seria muy bueno poder subir un excel para que rellenara información, después de digitar algunos datos.

Ejemplo en excel armar la información donde una persona escriba el numero de cédula y automático salga el nombre..... un excel que el administrador subió para que leyera la información

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exporting Quizzes

Being able to download Quiz questions and answers before taking so it can be imported into other platforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Al "abril excel" incluir el IP del equipo o si se diligencio desde un movil

Al "abrir excel" con los resultados, para algunas organizaciones sería útil poder ver, además de la fecha y hora, el IP del equipo en donde se diligencio el formulario o si se diligencio desde un dispositivo móvil.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use excel as source for drop-downs on form

It would be nice if the form could use an excel spreadsheet as a data-source, this would allow for drop-downs that could populate other fields based on a choice.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Likert Scale Scoring

It would be nice when dealing with Likert Scales, if there was a place to identify values (i.e. 1=disagree, 2=neutral, 3=agree), so the space available for entering values could be left as a number. This makes it much easier to score once the data is converted to Excel, in the event that you need to further analyze or drill-down the results. This would also reduce the likelihood for human error due to editing the results in order to make it compatible with individual analytic needs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show the email id & name of that person which is given feedback in excel report.

My idea is, arrange some changes in form for giving the details of that person which is given feedback. For identification of that column, i have attached excel file here which is download from responses tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Nombre por persona que realiza la encuenta

nO PUEDO VER QUIEN REALIZA LA ENCUENSTA ? SOLO SALE ANONIMO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable Excel Online to connect with multiple Microsoft Forms and...

have the form(s) responses be automatically recorded on a sheet within Excel. The file attached is an example of how this could be useful (forgive my lack of creativity with naming cells and sheets).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the short cut for date and time entry (Ctrl ; and Ctrl Shift ;) to display in UK setting and 24hr.

Be able to format the workbook so that when short cut keys are used to add the date and time these can be displayed in a UK or other setting i.e DD/MM/YYYY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export to Excel is missing on Forms Pro

Liking Forms Pro so far, but ABSOLUTELY NEED to export to excel!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.