Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the number of answer options for one question.

I have 11 answer options for one question. I am getting the error message of "Please reduce the number of question options or text in title/subtitle to save your changes." Since my title is short, I am guessing the number of answers is the issue. This is very inconvenient.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue - Grammar in "Between" restriction message for text inputs

For text input, if the restriction "Between" is selected then the input field is populated with the message "Number should between x ~ y", where x and y are your restrictions.

The word "be" is missing and the message should read "Number should be between x ~ y".

Easy mistake, but looks silly if anyone actually reads the message before inputting their values.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You could make possible to insert "options questions" to capture "time availability" in a form.

You could possible to insert "options questions" to capture "date availability" but not "time availability"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pie chart resposes-if 10 questions and yes/no responses then all yes should be blue and all no orange regardless of question number.

Pie chart responses:

10 questions with only yes or no responses. All yes should be blue (one color) and all no should be orange (one color) regardless of question number.

For my survey, whichever had most responses would be reported on the top and in blue. So if no had most response to the answer than no would turn from orange to blue and would be listed first rather than below yes responses.

Keeping it consistent with all yes on top and blue will allow for clearer survey results reporting.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display names in Forms results

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Forms による集計時の表示名について
    Display names in Forms results

■Description(内容):
    Forms で作成した課題などの集計結果を確認する際、投稿者の表示名に姓名が登録されている場合、表示名ではなく、姓名が表示されてしまう。投稿者名を表示名で統一するよう、動作改修を要望します。

When viewing combined results from questions created in Forms, if the respondent has registered their surname, then their surname is shown in place of their display name. Please make it so that all respondent names are shown as display names.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duplicate Form

The Duplicate Form options is not longer working for me when someone sends a form to share. I've tried with several different users sharing the duplicate form link

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customize "Terms of Use" disclamier

We can customize "Privacy and cookies" disclaimer in Azure AD property. However, "Terms of use" as a disclaimer comes from Microsoft itself and we will not be able to customize it.

Can we add "Terms of use" as the same as other Azure Applications?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ReOrdering & Inserting Questions

Please add the ability to re-order existing questions and/or insert new questions (other than at the end)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save individual results within the format.

Save individual results within the format in pdf

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Issue with the alignment of text in choices

Depending if the choice is on one line or multiple lines, the alignement of the choice is different.

When the choice's text enters on one line, the text is placed next to the radio button or checked box

When the choice's text is splitted on multiple lines, the text is placed under the radio button or cheched box.

This is confusing when in a single questions, all the choices are presented in both alignment.

My opinion would be to always align text next to the radio button or checked box, like bulleted list in Word

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Projection to disable/enable submit another response to be given

Projection to disable/enable submit another response to be given as for some it may not required and it will dilute the survey

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back guest accounts.

Bring back guest accounts. I even called for support and was told there is no way to create an account without giving full admin access.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tracking responses

I am not able to keep track of any responses to my survey, any suggestions for allowing me to track the responses?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable uncheck when answering likert scale question

When I checked an option in likert scale question, I was unable to uncheck it and maybe just leave the answer blank/unanswered. I need to clear cache and refresh the webpage to uncheck it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No restriction to the maximum number of forms/quizzes one can make

Apparently there is a maximum to the number of forms one can make... I don't understand why this limit even exists. As a teacher, I currently have approx 180 quizzes. I'm not done yet...

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stuck "Opening Excel Workbook on OneDrive" Excel doesn't load

I changed the form details. I tried to open the workbook to look at the responses and the page is stuck loading. I have no way of accessing the collected data. Is there any way to fix this?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the form printable, not the summary but the whole form

Out team does not always visit sites were a computer or cell can be brought with them and in those cases the form needs to be printed out and filled in manually due to be filled in for real afterwards. as for now we are forced to print screen the form and paste it in to words and then print them, to much work...

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Forms limitations

I am trying the group survey link in MS Forms . after entering some 30 questions with button choices, it showing some error like Microsoft has an OOTB limitation . Is there any limitation that how many questions i can post in a survey or any other settings i need to adjust to post a 100 questions in a survey

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do not save empty form or quiz

If I open a new quiz or form but decide to close it again before I enter any information at all it saves the "Untitled quiz" / "Untitled form". This doesn't make sense and is unnecessary.

If I didn't edit at all and I want to do it after all I can just click "New form", no need to save the empty ones and create clutter on my forms page.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have the option to stop your options being compressed into a dropdown box automatically on 8 or more option choices.

I have a form that has a number of multiple choice questions in it. When I have 2-7 options - they are all displayed with a radio button. When I have 8 or more, they automatically get put into a dropdown box list. This changes the flow of the survey for me as I have no option to make all the questions dropdown or all displayed. I need this option. The dropdown box is not well implemented either. If you are at the bottom of the page you can click the dropdown box and not necessarily see all of the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.