Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recover deleted responses

The possibility to recover deleted responses would be extremely useful for users

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamically extend "other" option answer box based on respondents answer length

Usability bug - "Other" answer textbox seems limited to showing 15 chars. Respondents need to back arrow to see/validate their long answers.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Students responses don't always save.

When a student quiz takes longer than 1 period, the work does not save for every student. It usually saves for most of the class, but for a few students, all of their previous responses will have been deleted. Has anyone else had this issue?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issue - Restrictions make the field mandatory

I have a field that have a restriction.
    The number must be between 0 and 300. This field is not mandatory but if let this field empty I have a message that I need to fill this field with a number 0 and 300...
    The restrictions should by apply only if the field is filled or mandatory.
    If it's not mandatory and not filled we should't have a restriction.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Issue - Duplication of Data

This morning I'm refreshing 4 excel sheets with form data from yesterday, and I'm getting duplicate data inputted onto my sheet. The widget on the right also is showing duplicate messages too for the data pull (8 new responses message....twice).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to move your form back from Team/ Group Forms

I accidentally moved my form to the Team/ Group Forms and cannot move it back.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Forms created in Teams don't show up in Flow

When I create a new Form using the Tab in Teams, I can't find that form in Flow to build an approval workflow.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recycle deleted responses

It would be nice to have the option to recover deleted response of a given survey. I made a copy of my form and the responses on the original were deleted. Now I have no way of getting them back.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. to change the way radio buttons are marked in the web page...

I am a student and all of our exams are being conducted on this platform.
    Many times after selecting an option, we scroll up and down the page using "two-finger scroll" on our laptops.
    Sometimes when both fingers don't fall at the same time, a click happens.
    In the web page I have observed that the whole line along an option or radio button is responsive for selection.
    This issue of the responsive area not being confined to the radio button makes the page prone to selection change.
    I have lost many marks due to this because the other option…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow to format the form so that the printing has less space between the questions and is more economical on the paper

I suggest to add a print option for less lost of space and less paper use when printing the final form.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Correct the response chart for text answers. It is case sensitive, whereas the grading is not.

Grading of text questions does not take into account upper and lower case characters - which is what one expects. However the response chart does take it into account. Therefore "apple", "Apple" and "APPLE" would show as three different columns. They should be consolidated as "apple" unless in future there is an option to make the answer case sensitive.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Printing Results

I regularly go through the process of navigating to Responses, clicking View Results, clicking the three dots to the right, and clicking Print Response.
    Occasionally, it will print all pages correctly, though this is very rare.
    Most often, it says it will only print the first page.
    Sometimes, there is no response, as in no print box appears.
    This is an ongoing issue that costs me a lot of time and frustration. Please fix it.
    I MUST be able to print the results of our forms because we keep completed forms on file for three years as part of the…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. timestamp is wrong during daylight savings time

The timestamp on responses to our form does not seem to take daylight savings time into account. This is an issue for us as we have a daily cutoff time for submissions.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to Fix Broken Links between the Form and the Excel Online File When the Excel File is Moved

It is very problematic when an Excel file on SharePoint is moved and the link to the Form is broken. I can't find a way to restore it. The form becomes unusable and I have to start from scratch. Very frustrating.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Forms in teams does not work for external users in a meeting

When in a meeting with external user, the external user won't be able to send its response to a form created in the meeting with Microsoft Forms integration for Teams (see image herewith).

The form created is available for anonymous user and can be filled in the browser when the link is sent to the user. However it does not work inside teams which is a bug.

There is an error message that is displayed "An error occured..." when the user clicks on the Send button. When looking in the network developper tools, we can see that there is a…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information.Terms of use

I have created an used Forms to collect sign ups for classes with a not for profit. Mid day July 19th they all were locked with this error message This form can't be distributed as it is asking for personal or sensitive information.Terms of use

No one could help me on Microsoft support, there are other reports in New Zealand of this issue, I am in Canada

Microsoft made a change and now all my forms are useless and locked. Time to move over to Survey Monkey

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Report an issue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Formatting of Long Answer Type Questions

Long Answer Formatting does not retain how it was typed by the participant. Indentation, numbering, bullet points are only displayed correctly after the participant submitted the form. But when the form owner review the answers individually, every words are displayed in one continuous lines which doesn't make sense. Please try to fix ASAP

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow more questions / sections in a form

Why doesn't forms allow more than 100 questions?

I tried building a form with several sections and got stuck at the 100th question... All that hard work wasted :(

Also there's a bug while trying to skip sections using the Go to option at the end of the section. it doesn't allow to go to a specific section, only to Advance or Skip to the End of the Form.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I should be able to move answer options up and down

So when adding Answers I should be able to move the answer up and down in the list. For instance answer 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I think if I wanted to move 5 to where four is there should be an arrow up and down to move it there rather than re writing all the answers.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow updates/corrections to form entries

Allow an admin to update Forms entries after they've been made. This is essential for scrubbing data that will be pulled into Excel. Often times the person making the entry will get creative or not follow directions and the result is a data entry that is useless and needs to be then cleaned up.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.