Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to enable text and math equation in the same sentence. Also, you should improve the math editor for more complex equations.

It is very important for some users to be able to write a text sentence and a math equation in the same sentence. This should be enable both for questions and for the options of the questions.

The math equation editor is good, but lacks support for more complex equations, like integrals.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to set a default response for multiple choice questions on Forms

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms にて回答を選択肢とする場合、既定値を設定できるよう要望します
    Allow us to set a default response for multiple choice questions on Forms

■Description(内容):
    回答を選択肢にする場合、現在は何も選択されていない状態が既定であるが、予め回答の1つを既定値として選択できるように要望します。

For multiple choice questions, a blank response is the default selection, but we would like to be able to specify one of the choices as the default.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow changing the text displayed with the "other" option

Using the word "other" when allowing a fill in the blank option at the bottom of multiple choice leads to people who don't align with the options to feel like they don't belong. It appears though as then they don't belong. I would like to allow people the chance to fill in the blank for an option, but I don't want the word "other" to be there. Happy to speak on this more. I just recently learned and think it's still something many people are learning! Thank you!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow changing the text displayed with the "other" option

Using the word "other" when allowing a fill in the blank option at the bottom of multiple choice leads to people who don't align with the options to feel like they don't belong. It appears though as then they don't belong. I would like to allow people the chance to fill in the blank for an option, but I don't want the word "other" to be there. Happy to speak on this more. I just recently learned and think it's still something many people are learning! Thank you!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Changing the Question Type

When creating a form the user should be able to change the type of question i.e. multiple choice to text without having to delete the question and start over.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. how to use stella excel password recovery tool

Attempt stella excel password recovery software to recoup your excel document password quite fast. Stella excel password recovery software recover encrypted password of this excel file. Stella xls file password recovery software recover any key mix password of this excel file. For more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-excel-file-password.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. how to use stella zimbra email using stella zimbra to pst

If need to convert zimbra file data in to pst file. try stella zimbra to pst converter software to convert all the zimbra file data in to pst file. stella zimbra to pst converter software convert all the version of the zimbra file data in to office 365 account. Stella zimbra to pst converter software convert deleted items data in zimbra file in to eml and pst. For more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/email-migration/zimbra-to-pst-converter.php

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the use of different fonts, especially LaTeX for scientific and mathematics questions within the question, not as a subtitle.

It would be easier to put the LaTeX content actually in the question body itself. The subtitle font is smaller and harder to read.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Conational Questions

we need some settings to set conditions for a question.
    for instance "if the user chooses option 1 then show some sort of question and if choose option 2 show some others"

This is important for UX Designers when they want to ask the user a question base on their past/last answers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add searchable dropdown list as an option for a microsoft forms question

I would suggest adding the option for a searchable dropdown list in your microsoft forms. With adding this searchable drop down list it negates the need for an individual to create many options for their users to answer a simple question/field. For example, if a companies employee uses a form and needs to select 1 of 400 options you can see where a searchable drop down list would be ideal. The work around of this situation is quite difficult without having to purchase an app or software of somesort. Aside from being innovative, I believe it would be highly useful…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a question that allows users to answer - How many of each

I would love to be able to give a list of shirt sizes and have a field next to each option to input a number. For example, I would ask - do you need long sleeve shirts? Then list all available sizes as answers to the question, but there is also a space to say how many. M - 2, Large - 5, XL - 12. Right now, my only option is to make each shirt size a question and then have a field to answer that question. That makes the form really long. The person filling in my form…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Complete the Table style questions.

It would be extremely useful to be able to have students complete a table with text or number answers.

Please see attached images as a chemistry example, with a question like "Use your data book to complete the following table:"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Analysis of Forms responses

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms の回答結果の分析についての要望
    Analysis of Forms responses

■Description(内容):
    複数の選択肢の設問で、各選択肢に共通する "カテゴリー" や "フラグ" を付け、どの "カテゴリー"、"フラグ" 一番多く選択されたか選定する機能の追加を要望します。
    質問と分析結果の例:
    <質問>
    質問 1.次の中であなたが一番好きなものは何ですか?
    選択肢 1.花見 ("春" というカテゴリーやフラグを付ける)
    選択肢 2.海水浴 ("夏" というカテゴリーやフラグを付ける)
    選択肢 3.紅葉狩り ("秋" というカテゴリーやフラグを付ける)

質問 2.次の中であなたが一番好きなものは何ですか?
    選択肢 1.スイカ ("夏" というカテゴリーやフラグを付ける)
    選択肢 2.柿 ("秋" というカテゴリーやフラグを付ける)
    選択肢 3.苺 ("春" というカテゴリーやフラグを付ける)

<分析結果>
    質問 1 で、"花見"、質問 2 で "苺" が多く選択された時には、"春" が最も多く選択されたという特性を結果として出す機能の追加を要望します。

For multiple choice questions, please add a way to add “categories” or “flags” to the potential responses and then find which category or flag was selected the most in responses.

Example of question and analysis result:
    Question:
    Question 1) Which of the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. possibility to create different type of closed-answer questions.

As a teacher I frequently use closed-answers questions or exercises which aren't contemplated by forms.
    For example:
    - complete the sentence....
    - match column A with column B
    - fill in the gaps ...
    It would be great that this would be a possibility when working with forms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Matching words or statements with their definitions, or being able to put events in order

It would be great to include a quiz question option where you can match words or statements with their definitions etc. and also be able to put events in order for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deadline date

That users answering the question can't select a date that has already passed. Especially when we use forms to trigger requests to other departments this is crucial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Print to PDF of ten copies in a Form with shuffled questions and answers results in ten different exam sets.

Despite COVID my university insists on exams in person. For that I need printouts. I would like to have 10 copies of an exam where in Forms, I have an option to shuffle questions and answers. Let me have an option to print to PDF of ten copies in a Form with shuffled questions and answers results in ten different exam sets. Now printing 10 copies gives 10 exact copies. If you print again, the answers and questions are shuffled. With 10 copies you can manage, with seventy it is exceedingly difficult.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add timestamp selection

As Google Forms provided, please consider to add Time question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Θα ήταν καλό να υπάρχει στα κουίζ και η δυνατότητα για "ερωτήσεις αντιστοίχισης"

Να μπορεί κανείς να δημιουργήσει 2 στήλες με στοιχεία που θα πρέπει ο μαθητής να βρει ποιο στοιχεία της πρώτης στήλης αντιστοιχεί με ποιο στοιχεία της δεύτερης στήλης. Για παράδειγμα στην πρώτη στήλη να δίνονται κάποιες λέξεις και στη δεύτερη οι αντώνυμές τους ανακατεμένες και να πρέπει ο μαθητής να προσδιορίσει με ποια λέξη της 1ης στήλης αντιστοιχεί κάθε λέξη της 2ης.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.