Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insert tables into questions

Please consider allowing the insertion of tables into questions (like in Word) so respondents can fill in detailed information in their answers. For example, "Please let us know what books you would like the book club to purchase:. Insert a table 4 columns wide (Title, Author, Year, ISBN) with 10 rows, so respondents can list the details of up to 10 books.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable regular expressions validating answers Like ^right$

Enable regular expressions validating answers Like ^right$

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. time

Request: Add Time (hh:mm) as an answer-option.

Current total votes for this feature as of this post: 89

This has to be one of the most requested features. If anyone from Microsoft reads this site. Get on this ASAP!

Compiled from the following existing suggestions on this site.

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/32544415-time

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/18574672-time

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/31241455-add-more-data-types-e-g-time

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/31928140-have-a-time-field-together-with-the-date-one

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/17108923-in-microsoft-forms-you-can-enter-date-but-not-time

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/33006211-answer-type-as-time

https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggestions/18601549-you-could-make-possible-to-insert-options-questio

This last link is to the MS tech community forums where some MS rep states this feature request was added to a backlog back in September of 2016.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Forms/Forms-Time-input-question/td-p/14402

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WordCloud Response

It would be useful to be able to to ask single word responses that would then feature in the results as a word cloud.

With the ability to allow for example, to describe the current work environment in 3 single words. The question would aggregate all three words for the overall question and present all questions in a word cloud.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I wish there was a "comment" box to type in....

Comment box for an answer choice

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Likert Query

May we have more than 10 options available as part of the Likert Question Type. 10 just isn't enough.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow changing the question type

Sometimes I duplicate an existing question to have the same items but in a different question format (e.g., one question is a Likert and I want to have the same items in a ranking). It would be nice to easily switch between question types when creating the Form.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. calculate

Possiblity to create a calculated field based on answers in other fields.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Likert Scale to work with Quiz Mode

Currently you are able to select a likert scale when creating a quiz but you can not assign an answer to it to be marked but you can receive points for it. Can it be changed so we can input the answers like the other question types so that it can be automatically marked.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide ability to upload mp3s

Foreign language teachers could benefit from being able to upload mp3 files as part of quiz/text questions. The ability to listen to and understand a foreign language speaker is key to language acquisition.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Connect choice questions to data source

The ability to connect the options of a choice to a data source (such as a column in an excel file or a list of contacts in a contact list)

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Choice Grid like Google Forms

A multiple choice grid (similar to google forms) makes Common Core like questions with multiple criteria with multiple answers possible.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Optioin to change choice questions layout to horizontal

Ability to change choice questions layout from vertical to horizontal. For example, true/false options take up too much space. So do choice questions with less than 4 options. It would be nice to change the layout for this questions type

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A Table format question, say we want the input data all relevant to one question, like time, date, grade, subject etc.

The table format would allow the creator to ask one question and receive multiple answers back surrounding that question, this would stop you having to have 10+ questions stating essentially the same thing to get them to answer the questions surround it. such as

List any Qualifications you have including the:
    Name, Date from, date to, the Qualification, the subject and the Grade. 5 questions have to created currently when really it's one question with a multi-faceted answer

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a slider response type

One feature requested by others at my institution before they would consider moving to Microsoft Forms is to have a question type where a slider can be used for the response, like Qualtrics offers: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/standard-content/slider/

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Import a set og quizes from excel

I want to import from Excel. When I will make word test it would be easy to create a column of words in language A and one for words in language B. So I can only import a long list of Norwegian and English words. This facilitates the job of testing our students words proficiency in foreign languages.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. increase the number of choices one can have in a choice question. Frankly, there shouldn't be a limit anyway.

I want to ask principals to tell me their school. I have 109 schools. I want to make it a choice question so I do not have to deal with the variety of ways they truncate the names. I want the correct, formal name. If I have a choice question with all the names and they only have to select their school from a list then I ensure that the data is usable as is without having stray names in my database.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable results filtering

We're looking at using forms for feedback on regular meetings. It would be great to use the same survey, with a field for meeting date set as 'filterable' so we could filter the graphs to a specific meeting (e.g. to see how particular speakers were received)

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Question types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to set default date to "today" in date picker

Would like to be able to have a date field at the top of the questionnaire that the user can optionally modify, but defaults to today's date.

I guess to broaden this request, it would be great to support "default dates", including static dates or variables dates like "today".

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make subquestions

1. a.
      answer
      b.
      answer
      c.
      answer

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.