Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to use both multiple choice and text answer option in a quiz for very same question

I want to add a ultiple choice question for a quiz but when I get an answer for that I want to know their logic behind selecting the particular answer. How can I do that?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the possibility to tag the questions

I want to be able to add a tag to each question and get a summary of the points for each tag. For example, if I have 10 questions I may want to tag half of them with "DBA" and half of them with "Developer". The summary will then display the number of points in each tag (for each user and aggregated).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you add exponents or radicals to your form?

Math teacher needing to add exponents and radicals to my form for students. Is this possible?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow simulations to be imported as questions

Allow simulations created in (for example) Articulate Storyline to be imported as questions.
    This would enable interactive tests / surveys / forms.
    Perhaps MS could also build a simulation creation tool that incorporates into forms to allow users without Articulate Storyline licensing to create similar content.

Selectable content within images or Videos would also be fantastic to create questions similar to the old "Spot the difference" pictures.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open responses in Excel on iOS devices

When browsing responses in Safari on an iPad, and clicks to open in Excel, Excel does not start - just keeps saying ”not able to download Excel document - try again later” (print screen attached in Swedish)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Instant feedback in a quiz after answering each individual question rather than people having to answer all the questions then click submit.

I would like the capability for students to click an answer to a question and see instantly if they got that individual question correct and any comments attached to that question before moving onto the next question. Otherwise they have to wade through all their answers and probably won't read the comments beside their answers afterwards.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. when correctiong an answer, it would be great to have clickables buttons with points

Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.

When correctiong a quiz, instead of having to put 0, 1 or 2 points manually for exemple, it would be great to have clickable buttons.

If there was a way to put the evaluation criteria, it would be great too.

Example :
    2 points - the students shows clearly the reason why the event occurs.
    1 point - the student shows the reason, but his answer is not complete.
    0 point - no answer or wrong answer.

Thanks.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow students to see all the information they have typed in text box

If the student responds to a text question, they only can see a small portion of what they have typed. Allow the text box to grow as the student types rather than having one long line of text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow users to re-access old forms that were used as quizzes for the purposes of review

If a student takes a quiz form, they can immediately see what they got correct and incorrect, but they cannot go back to review old questions later to study for a test.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow post scores from MS Forms to students without Office 365 accounts.

Not all schools offers Office 365 accounts to students. It is important teachers can send individual results in Microsoft Forms to a group of students, after manual review, without they log in to Office 365. For instance, in Google Forms, this is an easy configuration: once set up, in the anonymous mode, the form automatically request an email address to respondent. Once the manual review is done, all respondents can receive their fedback.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Convert a form into a quiz

Users accidentally create a form and want the added capabilities of a quiz. There should be a way to convert the form to a quiz

1,082 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

179 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. create an autosave or send question responses as soon they are created in real-time, no good when the screen freezes when you hit submit!

had issues with an assessment through Form, computer froze on hitting the submit button so all data input was lost! Also if a student missing the submission time by a few seconds, no data is saved?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quizzes can have a outcome result, i.e. 'You're an expert'

Allow for quizzes to have outcome results, i.e. 'You're an expert' or 'You should get your facts straight'. The results would appear on a new screen not where you can see all the question results and would allow for a comment that can contain links (see Qzzr for example).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add some special characters

As Chemistry teachers, we need the arrow symbol to write chemical equations in Microsoft Forms.
    The Arrow symbol is important also in other subjects such as Physics and Mathematics.
    Hope you can do it soon team. We need arrows in all directions in addition to a double arrow for chemical equilibrium.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quiz Score Available to MS Flow

When a employee completes a quiz. It would be advantageous to our organization to have their score of the quiz be a comparison item for Microsoft Flow. This way we can email the employee to take the quiz again if score unsatisfactory or we can update our assignment list to note this employee has completed the quiz.

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Question stubs with several questions leading off.

To allow us to properly create tests in Forms we need the ability to create stub questions with parts to answer. We are a Secondary School (High School) but I have used a Primary School (Lower School) example below to make the point.

Example:

Q1. John left the house with £2. He buys a toy and now he has 60p remaining.

a) How much of the £2 has John spent?

b) What percentage of the £2 remains?

We often go to two levels below the stub e.g. 1 (a) (iii) which is just really messy in Forms where every new…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when I organize a quiz to somebody in my organization. the feedback to me is that the user doesn't see a button of 'completion' or 'end'

I want the function of quiz/form having a button of 'Completion' or 'End' then the user knows they finish the quiz or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have automated feedback based on score

It would be useful to be able to configure an automated feedback response based on the user's score. For example, if the score is below say 65%, the response could suggest more time be spent learning the topic.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Quiz/Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.