Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. microsoft forms

Allow the excel spreadsheet to also be hosted on microsoft online as a continually-updating cloud spreadsheet rather than the current method of having to download a new spreadsheet every time you would like to see the latest results. Google forms has this feature of creating a google spreadsheet to see the results.

The benefit in mind would be to have other cloud spreadsheets (like Google) to pull data automatically and continuously from the master spreadsheet for sub analysis. I specifically would like to be able to filter responses based on certain columns and make automatically updating separate spreadsheets for each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to download e.g. to google drive

School wants to add this to their Google Drive so they can personalize (add letterhead, etc.)? Is there a way to do so? I don't see this as an option right now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow the ability to create a pdf to be able to edit and share draft versions

We are sharing the survey to receive input from supervisors. We do not want them editing the actual survey, but instead would like to share a pdf they could make comments on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow multiple individuals receive notification or the answers from the respondents

The option so that you can add emails or users to receive notification on email when a respondents submits an answer.

And the ability to collaborate on the form,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save Forms as Word files

Add the ability to export / save a Form or Quiz as a Word documents.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restrict "Collaborative users"

Restrict "Collaborative users" to only be able to view/print responses and/or open the excel, but not change the questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share Forms detailed responses as a Teams tab with the Excel link, but without the option to change the form

As a Teams channel administrator, I should be able to
    (1) create a channel tab to detailed Shared Forms´ responses, including the link to excel, not just the summary (current 3 options are Fill, Edit, Summary)
    (2) create a channel tab for Shared Forms on any sub-channel, (currently limited to the Generel/parent channel)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. seeing more than the latest answer in the summary link

I would like to be able to review all text answers in the summaty link, not just see the last answer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Request regarding restrictions on Microsoft Forms users who are able to share and work together

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Formsの共有して共同作業が可能なユーザーに対する制御についての要望
    Request regarding restrictions on Microsoft Forms users who are able to share and work together

■Description(内容):
    共有して共同作業が可能なユーザーに対し、回答の削除をユーザーごとに制御させたいです。
    現時点では、フォームを共有して共同作業が可能なユーザーは、フォームの編集、回答の閲覧、回答の削除が制御なくできてしまいます。
    すべての操作が可能になるだけではなく、細かく権限で制御できるように要望します。
    I would like the users who are able to share and work together and make them unable to delete responses.
    Currently, the users who share Forms and work together can edit Forms, delete and view the responses without any restrictions. I would like is so that not only will all operations be made possible, but also that they can be controlled in detail using permissions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft should allow the "One Response Only" for externals too.

Microsoft should allow one-time responses for people external to my organization. If I share the link with someone, when they click the link and verify say their email, if it corresponds with a mail address I sent to, then a code that allows them to enter Forms and fill gets sent to them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show all responses immediately with respondants (view only) instead of sending a link.

I want respondents' to see all existing responses as soon as they've finished completing the survey. (view only, not edit). For transparency. I'm sure this was possible before? Has this feature gone?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a shortened share link. Google Forms has one.

Add a shortened share link. Google Forms has one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. enable option to record names and emails of survey participants outside my organization

I'm using this survey to assess Skills outside my organization and to identify gaps based on the results. You don't provide the option to record names and emails for participants outside my organization. If a user takes the survey twice, my results are skewed and I can't delete the duplicate response.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add ability to print preview version or add ability to export preview to pdf to share

add ability to print preview version or add ability to export preview to pdf to share when unable to access online for proofing or collecting information in settings without online access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Print the form

Hello!
    I suggest a function to print the form without answers, or some way to put it in Ms Word or Ms Excel, so that it can be commented on by other collaborators.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Regarding copy paste folder

While copying from one terminal to another like client-server , we are not able to acknowledge or confirm regarding the folder which is been copied has completed or still work in progress, so it's my suggestion to show folder Colorado property to highlight it's yellow colour with red colour till completion of same. Red colour will slowly gets filling the folder Colorado and after completion it will become yellow colour. So the person using at remote location comes to know that the folder is been fully copied.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MAKE IT SIMPLER IN FORMS TO SEND IT LIKE HOW YOU DO IT IN POWERPOINT

SO WHEN YOU TRY TO SEND IT ON FORMS, YOU HAVE TO DO A LINK. I THINK IT WOULD BE EASYER IF WE COULD JUST SHARE IT THE WAY THAT WE DO IT ON POWERPOINT AND WORD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. dont use this knowledge check at all

maybe you just fix the whole thing by starting completely over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better sharing features that is more in line with other Officer applications

It would be nice to see who can edit and who has edited a Form aside from just sending a link to people in the hopes that they will look at it and having a visual difference between a Group Form and one in My Forms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.