Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'For office use only' on the form.

For my use of the forms, I use it as a questionaire for my church. However, when I receive the forms, I always have to take the excel and still add in my own 'For office only' to ensure my end of the task is completed.
    I begins to be a long frustrating task, and could be minimized if there was an 'additional' tab on the side to add this feature in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto fill weather for daily surveys or daily reports.

Automatically populate the local weather at the time the form was completed or to populate the weather according to the date that was chosen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make forms findable by SharePoint Search and Delve

There does not seem to be any way to find all of the forms in an organizations tenant. It would be good if we could search for them using the SPO Search Center and Delve

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What about the idea of using this as a way to collect Monthly Status Reports from staff.

Every place I have been, a PM collects Monthly Status Reports. These need to be formatted and combined into 1 document that is given to the client/customer. This seems like a good way to do it and would reduce time on the PM's part. Could you enforce a formatting (bullet points) template in the staff replies. Then combine all the staff replies "What Did You Work On This Month" into a single Word Document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Missing in Forms!!

It would be great to be able to write something in the end, like "thank you for the answer", with out doing a question.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Send question to bottom/top

Sometimes in a longer form, copying a question to repeat at the bottom can be a chore. It would be helpful to have a button that sends it straight to the top or bottom instead of requiring 50+ clicks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add the ability to count attempts to respond after the form has closed so that future forms can be kept open longer if uptake is slow.

add the ability to count attempts to respond after the form has closed so that future forms can be kept open longer if uptake is slow. Even better would be to record the names of post close respondents and function to email them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Orderform

I would like to see a new forms-type called orderform where you can set up a form for users so they can use when ordering specific things and the results of the form would then be sent to a specific e-mailadress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Using TAB Keys in adding and editing behaves differently from using the mouse like in the case of the date

Using TAB Keys in adding and editing behaves differently from using the mouse like in the case of the date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If no entry in others then don't count it

if there is no entry in others then why count it.
    I'm applying that to a multiple question. Specifically a list of names and if a name is missing then that name can be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Connectors for JIRA

Maybe on the roadmap for future iterations, but I would like to suggest a connector for JIRA issues. It would be nice to be able to include a link in a JIRA issue that could send a form to the reporter of the issue. The reporter than completes the form, and upon submission, the results are posted into the corresponding JIRA issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clearer wording on documentation

In the documentation, the word "response" can be confused with either a response to a single question or, in the current meaning, a response to the survey or quiz as a whole. I feel the wording should differentiate the two. For example, a "response" is to a question or series of questions, where as a "submission" or another word is for a completed survey or quiz. Especially when the button to complete the survey or quiz is labeled as "Submit".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If the page is not refreshed or if your modification of a FORM version is not tried - it seems that you will lose the changes if you SELECT

If the page is not refreshed or if your modification of a FORM version is not tried - it seems that you will lose the changes if you SELECT Share Form...

What happens is that I added 50 Question one time without testing it. Then I moved to SHARE directly and sent the link. What happens is the receiver tried the link and it ran the previous version losing all the changes in both the design and preview.

Possibly one should refresh before the design changes and do at least one preview and submit to make sure the changes were…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to reload answers

Being able to reload answers
    We would like to use the form to evaluate our students. Several teachers must evaluate with the same form, the same student. Each teacher must evaluate at different times the same student. In short, there should be an option to reload the answers made to make them evolve: as in an Access form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support should include a first run experience and a tutorial

You should explain to the users what are the differences between forms and polls and be explicit on how the recipients should access the form (especially do they need an Office 365 account)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make blogs and followers

I like making surveys for my classmate sand i want to make blogs on office forms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recently the construction industry has taken off change order form safety forms things for business

Helping new business owners like myself create forms for the business and make them personalized to your specific scope

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to add SharePoint Profile properties of current user in Excel Report Download

Allowing to add SharePoint Profile properties of current user will give more information about current user such as department, employee number, any other custom profile properties, etc.

This should/could be handled internally by system and provided while downloading excel report.

This will improve reporting of all responses and "Microsoft Forms" will be getting appreciated for same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make settings (at least the current ones) at the individual form level instead of global.

Make settings (at least the current ones) at the individual form level instead of global.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.