Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add an archive option

I sometimes need to keep forms for a year or more. However, I don't need to see them in my list of forms all the time. It would be nice to be able to archive forms instead of delete.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See view-able responses past 300 without having to download the excel file, increase the drop-down menu

After creating a form where responses are collected, it would be fabulous if we could use the individual response drop-down menu to view responses 301 and beyond. Why can we only see numbers 1 - 300? Due to the fact that you can't really see responses immediately on the Excel, it would be great if we could continue using the drop-down.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set Default response for choice type questions

I am creating a survey using Forms and would like to set a question of type choice (yes, no, maybe) to have default value set as "No"

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. request to print a blank form

I would like to print the blank form so I can send as a hard copy

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow people to return to their forms later and alter data after submitting

We would like to use Forms to create an online form for Scholarship management. We need students to be able to log back in with their Office 365 credentials and occasionally edit their responses when their academic situation changes.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the rating scale to be more than 5 or 10

It would be very beneficial to have more than a 5 or 10 option rating scale. We very commonly use a 4 rating scale as a 5 has middle ground if a user select a 3. If using a 4 rating scale, that cannon happen.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Administrator ability to edit responses

I use Forms to gather data for a project with approximately 100 contributors. After submitting their form, it is not at all unusual for someone to ask to edit information submitted. It would not be a problem if we only had to download into Excel at the conclusion, but unfortunately, we have to check the current information on an almost daily basis so any edits made in Excel have to be made over and over again.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. create an option to allow for people in your organization to be a drop down list answer.

If you allowed for a question type that the answer was a drop down list of everyone in your organization or a list of people, then you could send emails from this using flows. If someone types in their name, this will not work.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Neater ways to organize the created forms

Having multiple quizzes and surveys in a given school year makes the interface way to cumbersome for advanced use. Scrolling through endless pages of huge icons that all relatively look the same to find a past form is a waste of time. Allowing the icons to be toggled between the standard size and smaller versions would help. Then allowing for the forms to be organized into user defined folders would help to streamline the user interface.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import, export, copy or move functions

It is important to be able to perform import, export, copy or move, for example, the forms created from a user to the group forms.

so that while they are not ready any user can see it.

and other groups, users, clients or partner distributions.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make it so the survey creator can edit responses.

I often have people let me know they responded incorrectly in one area. All I can do right now is delete the response and have them do the full survey again. I would prefer like in the excel survey that I can edit a response for them.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I need an undo button while designing a form!

I keep accidentally clicking on the Delete option button while trying to reorder options.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add folders

Please add folders, is the best way to organize forms, a search bar is not enough. Each form I make need to have the same theme so is become a mess when I have to search for one.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Print Forms based on any question

I would like to be able to print all the forms based on any question. Currently you can only view and print results based on "Responder".
    I use forms to appraisals of employees. I would like to be able to print all the forms for a particular employee instead of who observed them.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Forms

I suggest, that Forms can but saved as an pdf-file. I suggest, that Form can be sent with a link with no access to edit. Regards Bjarne

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Being able to organise forms into folders

I use forms for class quizzes, end of topic tests, learner voice and staff surveys. It would be great to be able to put them into folders. So for example all year 12 tests can be in one folder, then staff feedback can be in another, all numeracy quizzes can be in their own folder. Making it a lot easier to manage your forms. Currently it is a little over whelming with all the forms on the page

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Here are a couple of Forms improvements:

Here are a couple of Forms improvements:

1.) Organization of Folders! (a must)

2.) Teachers should be able to make individual classes in one Form, rather than making all individual forms for each class. (This creates more forms that would improve organization).

3.) There should be a feature that students that don’t finish, can go back in and retake or finish the forms. Right now some teachers tell the students to write down all answers so if they need to finish they can easily punch it back in. (This would create one less step for the students).

4.) Students should…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resending

I need to send reminders to only those who did not complete the Form survey.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Print questions before getting responses

When creating a large survey, it would be helpful to be able to print off the form before getting any responses. It would make editing questions easier.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.