Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow values to be passed to the Excel sheet from the form URL.

I'd like to add a value to the form link. For example, when I send a form to different groups I can add an identifier for the group in the link rather than make respondents tell me how I sent them the link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print Forms based on any question

I would like to be able to print all the forms based on any question. Currently you can only view and print results based on "Responder".
    I use forms to appraisals of employees. I would like to be able to print all the forms for a particular employee instead of who observed them.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support should include a first run experience and a tutorial

You should explain to the users what are the differences between forms and polls and be explicit on how the recipients should access the form (especially do they need an Office 365 account)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to review students replies before the form is submitted.

I use forms as worksheets over a week. I'd love to be able to see student progress in a form so I can give feedback they can build on as their work progresses.

Otherwise, it's a tool that has made my work -> feedback -> integrate cycle much more efficient and meaningful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to add a text box with choices and let the choice to the user to put a number with the question or not

Could you please let us choose if we want to add a number with the question ?

Can you also put a new choice : "single text" to put a title between the questions?

Could please add a "response to all" if we have a field "e-mail" ?

Thank you in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User entry restriction and SQL db connection

This is great ,kindly add customization and advanced restrictions for user data entry.
    If possible add an option to link to an SQL data source.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make blogs and followers

I like making surveys for my classmate sand i want to make blogs on office forms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a Signature field

The ability to add signatures to the form will allow better audit control and can be introduced on mobile devices as well as via image attachment at desktop. This will also allow the application to complete more closely with forms created in adobe fill and sign.

1,343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recently the construction industry has taken off change order form safety forms things for business

Helping new business owners like myself create forms for the business and make them personalized to your specific scope

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow me (for owner / builder) to drill down to the list of the text people filled in in the "other" option of a question.

Currently if people choose the "other" option and enter some text, there is no way for me to drill down to the list of different texts they added.
    In both Excel and in the visual response screen under "more details" it appears as if it were one of the "official" choices - so really not helpful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Form Publisher add on

It would be great to have a feature or add-on similar to Google Form Publisher which allows answers to survey questions to be set into templates in Sheets, Docs, etc.

Attached is a sample.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow entering comments with ratings as a special need (rating < #, enter details)

Should allow entering comments with Ratings. This can be useful for e.g. if I am requesting 1 to 5 ratings and share details if rating < 3

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. To be possible to change quote format

cela serait bien de pouvoir changer en cours de traitement le type de question (choix multiples, phrases ..)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send Command via SMS or email to SharePoint

I just want to give input so that user can give certain command via email or SMS to do action in SharePoint like approval.
    This happens to us who have limited internet access in Indonesia such as inland or offshore mining sites that are integrated with Sharepoint and Office 365 systems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the results from Forms mesh into SharePoint vs sharing or exporting with Excel.

Right now, results are exported through Excel. I would like to see other options of where to get/store results - like SharePoint. If it's in Sharepoint, have a list that resembles a "grade book" vs an excel file.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide option to choose how results are charted

Currently, the charts populated in the Results view are automatic. So e.g. my Q1 results are displayed as a column chart and my Q2 results are displayed as a Pie chart.

I would like the option to select how each question is charted. E.g. be able to select my Q2 to also be displayed as a Column Chart.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to select which type of analytics to use when reviewing responses

Let the user choose whether they want to see a pie chart or a bar graph etc. and be able to choose what statistics are shown. Also, when inserting pie charts using excel, the colors that excel pre selects are very similar making data hard to analyze. Perhaps Forms can add an option to export charts and graphs into other Microsoft products such as Excel and Word

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2. Create fields that only the creator or collaborators of a form can see.

For instance, I want to leave feedback for myself based upon what answer was given. Almost like a comment or note section that only the creator and collaborators can see.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.