Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Retain some values in batch submissions

It would be useful to keep certain field values (e.g. city, location, etc.) between repeating submissions by one user. This is very useful in polls, where one agent collects answers from multiple people while certain fields are not changing a lot (yet entering same values again and again is tiresome)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow various reporting, e.g. save as PDF

The current reporting functions are too limited. At least we should be able to save as PDF to be able to send out the reports.

the fact that Reporting is not even a selection in categories in this user voice group for Forms is in itself already worrying.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. create an option to allow for people in your organization to be a drop down list answer.

If you allowed for a question type that the answer was a drop down list of everyone in your organization or a list of people, then you could send emails from this using flows. If someone types in their name, this will not work.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data from a "Choice" where multiple options are allowed should be better organized in the responses

When I look at he bar graph from a multiple choice question where multiple answers are allowed, if some one chooses more than one check box, it gets sorted as "Other". I want each individual check to be it's own item in the graph.
    In the attached picture, "other" represents anytime someone checked more than 1 item.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add the ability to count attempts to respond after the form has closed so that future forms can be kept open longer if uptake is slow.

add the ability to count attempts to respond after the form has closed so that future forms can be kept open longer if uptake is slow. Even better would be to record the names of post close respondents and function to email them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't Delete Responses when a Question is Deleted

When you delete a question, if any responses were given to that question, those responses are deleted.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow custom response reports.

I am using Forms to gather information on different topics from different people. Perhaps Forms is not the best solution for this. However, when someone submits their input I would like to be able to extract thir submissions only. And group responses per person. tks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide developer tools or a way for individuals to customize forms using HTML/CSS/JavaScript

By having some sort of SDK/Developer tools/Programmatic access it would be possible for individuals to create more complex branching options and modify the look and feel of questions to their liking.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See view-able responses past 300 without having to download the excel file, increase the drop-down menu

After creating a form where responses are collected, it would be fabulous if we could use the individual response drop-down menu to view responses 301 and beyond. Why can we only see numbers 1 - 300? Due to the fact that you can't really see responses immediately on the Excel, it would be great if we could continue using the drop-down.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Orderform

I would like to see a new forms-type called orderform where you can set up a form for users so they can use when ordering specific things and the results of the form would then be sent to a specific e-mailadress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need a logout button for my students!

My students share school iPads, and we're unable to delete the cache/cookies/temp files in Safari. Many times my students will be redirected to a Form from the OneNote app, only to see someone else's name showing at the beginning of the Form. I can't nuke Safari, so I have to redirect the student back to O365 so they can try to logout from OneDrive and log back in as themselves. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The process takes up a lot of class time. Today, I had 20+ students with this issue (seeing someone else's name on the Form).…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the problem that grades and feedback comments in Forms disappear.

Fix the problem that grades and feedback comments in Forms disappear. Happens far too often. If i give a class feedback on some questions in forms and the application does not save my text. Very irritating. Often it takes an hour to phrase good feedback to the pupils and its soooo irritating when the app does NOT save anything. This happen every second time we uses Forms in our school. Totally worthless as it works now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we change the drop-down date selector to have easily selected

Can we change the drop-down date selector to have easily selected

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using TAB Keys in adding and editing behaves differently from using the mouse like in the case of the date

Using TAB Keys in adding and editing behaves differently from using the mouse like in the case of the date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete answers after a set period of time

If you are collecting sensitive information or personal information you might want to delete answers from Forms. It would be great if you could set a time i.e after a time period the answers are deleted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send scheduled e-mail for repeat response

Hi,

I would like to be able to setup a form and invite employees to complete it. Then after a predefined time, i.e. 1 year, have an e-mail sent out automatically, asking the respondent to complete the form again.

This would be useful to collect survey data annually and reduce the administrative burden, especially for an organisation with 1000's of employees.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If no entry in others then don't count it

if there is no entry in others then why count it.
    I'm applying that to a multiple question. Specifically a list of names and if a name is missing then that name can be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. assign numerical values to text ratings

I am creating a survey where I'm asking respondents to rate items on a rudimentary "Very Bad" to "Very Good" scale. However, I'd like to for those ratings to correspond to values 1 through 5 on the back end to analyze and chart in Excel (e.g. "Very bad" = 1, "Bad" = 2, etc). Doing a Find & Replace in Excel is very messy and creates too many opportunities to inadvertently change the data.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have "Add comments" on Forms

After each Question, I would love to have a " Add Comment" section so that the answerer can put a comment/explanation for his/her answer.

1,200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.