Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add attachments to the questionaire

Hi,
    for my Client it is very important to add an attachment to the completed questionaire.
    Is there an update coming anytime soon?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Forms

Dans forms quand la personne fait une réponse sur plusieurs lignes pour plus de clarté exemple :
    1 stylo
    1feutre
    1latte
    je reçois la réponse comme ceci (à moins de la télécharger en excel) :
    1 stylo 1feutre 1 latte
    ce qui est dommage. L'affichage devrait rester le même.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A feature that allowed users to see their completed/partially completed forms would be useful

A feature that allows for users to look back at their completed forms and also enables them to save a form and then go back to working on it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow editing a form entry after it's submitted.

Google Forms has this ability and it can be handy to correct an entry mistake. I use Forms to allow instructors to sign up to teach courses. I have the Excel workbook connected to the form embedded in a web page and I use Conditional Formatting to indicate course conflicts. If instructors see a conflicer after submitting their request, it would be nice for them to edit their response to eliminate the conflict.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In Forms

In Forms, If you added collector options in each survey, It will be useful, We can avoid multiple survey, instead of can create individual collector under single survey.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Forms

In Forms, If you added collector options in each survey, It will be useful, We can avoid multiple survey, instead of can create individual collector under single survey.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set Default response for choice type questions

I am creating a survey using Forms and would like to set a question of type choice (yes, no, maybe) to have default value set as "No"

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow manual entry of dates in date fields

It was allowed before, now we can't manually enter dates. If you're old like me, you'd have to click on the year and select month and day. Let us manually enter the date!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. forms 서비스에서 응답자 수 제한 항목이 필요합니다.

개인적으로 forms의 서비스가 점점 좋아지고 있고, 학교 환경에서 활용하기 좋아지고 있습니다.

제안하고 싶은 점은 survey 형식의 forms를 진행할 때, 응답자 수를 제한하여 선착순 기능을 활용할 수 있다면 다른 웹 설문지 양식에 비해 꼭 필요한 기능을 편리하게 사용할 수 있는 좋은 도구가 될 것이라 생각합니다. 답변 기다리겠습니다.^^

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. right to left

Right to left layout for Arabic

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the possibility to fetch data from existing databases or systems

Add the possibility to fetch data from existing databases or systems, using keyed-in data

Exemple : use personnal ident to get location or phone number from entreprise directory

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save intermediary and final version

Possibility for the responders of my org to save an intermediary version and find back after completion the questionnaire with his responses

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Really have to do better than competitors as its a dead tool in my organisation and people would prefer another alternative

I joined a very large multi national organisation and was surprised they spent huge funds for survey, assessments and feedback while having this amazing feature free and integrated with their email.

But soon after using it for some projects I realised the limitation and restrictions. Personally a fan of Office365, I feel a let down when people opt for another free platform as google or even pay big chunks instead of using this feature.

Its hard to believe that small and big competitors are doing better job at this then Microsoft !!! Its not a technology limitations but rather sheer…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have the "Submit" button deactivated if there are required questions that have not been answered.

If there are required questions that have yet to be answered, the "Submit" button should be deactivated so that the user cannot submit until all required questions have been addressed.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. number entry

I don't know if this is available or not, but I'm doing a signup for an event, and I want to collect ages for the people in attendance. The person should enter the number of people in their group, and then ages for those people. Is that something you can do easily with branching... or?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Forms - choice limits

We have just discovered that if you have more than 40 options in your Choice question for a survey, respondents can only select a maximum of 40 before they get an error message. In our case of trying to survey to determine which subscriptions are being used and by whom, this means several people have to respond twice (and remember where they got to on the list the first time). If we can list 106 options, surely people should be able to choose all 106 if they wish!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create some rules for a survey in the Microsoft Form.

Some questions must be responded by a type of the participants. for example: In the beginning of the survey, if a participant selected that he/she is type A then, he/she would respond the questions from 12 - 16, or if a participant selected that he/she istype B then, he/she would respond the questions from 8 - 11.

Please let me know if I could provide further details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow modifications of the graph of results

It would be great to allow the customization of the graph displayed in the results section for Likert type questions

For example: to date, we have the percentage of answers by option, i'd rather like to have the results-mean by question. If it could be categorized by groups of answerer that will be perfect !

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello everybody, I have a question... Why thes answers is not more available? Somebody?

Hello everybody, I have a question about forms... Why the answers is not more available on excel 365?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.