Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Carry down answers from one question, into the next

Add the ability to carry down answers from one question onto the next. e.g. "Which communications channels do you use?" [tick all that apply] then the next question populates with those answers and asks you "How effective do you feel each of these channels is?" [then scale of 1 - 10 for each one]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support branching based on answer to checkbox question

While branching is great, it lacks support for questions based on multiple answer questions. Here is what I envision:

First, we create a new type of content, called a “part”. A “part” can contain anything a form can currently contain. A part is associated to a specific question when the part is created. Each section within the part “can” be associated with any of the answers to the question in the “part”.

(Standard logic is also applicable within the part, and sections do not “need” to be associated to answers.)

This way, you can use the “Go to” feature any…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Date validation based on dates within the form

I'd like to be able to validate dates within the form based on other dates within the form.

e.g.

When can you start? [Date]
    When will you finish? [Date]

If Finish is before Start then display an error message "You can't finish before you start!"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. go to and count

I would like to cycle through a number of questions three times and tally the responses. So a 'go to' and 'count'.
    eg after Q6 go to Q2, count 3 times then end form. Meanwhile tally all
    responses in Q2-Q6.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Branching function in forms should have a 'copy down' feature.

Branching function in forms should have a 'copy down' feature. This way if the next step is the same on each row, you do not spend time click on each and every row choosing the same thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have a way to set the default branching for all options within a question

Currently the default is Next and if I need to set all the options to skip a question I have to manually set all the branching destination.
    Suggest to have a Goto input next to the question which will set the Goto for all the options for the questions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clear data in branched subquestion if controlling question/response is deselected

When question is shown due to branching and a response is made to this - then this response should be cleared if branching rule no longer is true. Right now it is just hided, but the response remains.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Branching within Likert Questions

my Idea is to have branching withing Likert question.
    For example-
    1.Are you satisfied with below tools-

Yes   No

MS Project
    MS Excel
    Teams
    2. Why you are not satisfied?
    ( TEXT)

so, in this scenarios , there should be a option , if User is not happy with MS excel and he will select NO, its should go to question 2 ( Why?). If user is satisfied with all the tools , then it should take him/her to end of form.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow branching

A serious forms-tool should contain some way of branching. Depending on answers jump certain questions or go to a certain area of questions. Branching is currently failing from Forms

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. don't make the view scroll all the way up the document when switching to branching mode.

It's annoying to have to scroll all the way down to the question you're working on when opening Branching mode.
    It looks like this happens because clicking 'Branching' goes to a new view.
    I feel like there should be a switching mechanism to go from 'Editing' to 'Branching' mode on the same page, rather than having a new view for Branching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add a custom Thank You to Each branch

When using branches, it would be great to have the option of multiple Thank You messages.
    e.g.
    3rd question ends the form: Thank you for your interest.
    OR
    it continues after 3rd question, once the form ends: Thank you for your responses......

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better visibility and behavior during branching by making a flowchart option

If the branching tool has the option to display as a flowchart you would get better visibility on path that u create, also by making it function like a flowchart you would get a better grasp on what questions will be shown and which will be hidden.
    Because right now you don't know which questions will be shown when you have a big form with multiple big branches.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow us to choose multiple branch for one answer when we use “Branch” in Forms

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Forms の "分岐" 機能で、1つの回答から移動先を複数指定できるようにして欲しい
    Allow us to choose multiple branch for one answer when we use “Branch” in Forms

■Description(内容):
    現時点での Forms にて "分岐" 機能を使用すると、1つの回答から1つの移動先しか設定ができないため、回答にすべて答えていかないと回答者に見せたい質問をすべて表示させるのに手間がかかる。
    1 つの回答で複数の移動先を指定できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

In Microsoft Forms, when the form is used “Branch” feature and I want to show all questions to questioners, I need to answer all questions one by one because only one branch is available for one answer.
    Therefore, please allow us to choose multiple branch for one answer.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it possible to insert sections and also work with branches in the same time

Right now when working with sections we can not insert branches. It would be great if both features would be possible in the same survey.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it possible to insert sections and also work with branches in the same time

Right now when working with sections we can not insert branches. It would be great if both features would be possible in the same survey.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A max amount of submissions

So you can set a limit for the amount of people that can apply for a event, for as is we need to send email manually to three groups, one for people who can come, 1 for people who will pay a discounted price to come and 1 for people who can't come. a bunch of extra work. So if i could set a limit for the amount of submissions i could at least send out one less email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. provide the facility to produce a flow diagram of the branching, together with the numbers/responses down each branch

I have just created my own on Excel, and it is really helpful to see the complete picture and options, especially when it is a Form created by someone else. The numbers and responses down each branch would really aid understanding the demand too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to Have flexibility in creating Sub options to select within the options of a Question

I am working on creating a Service Menu whwre I want to give the flexibility to the Client to choose Sub category within the category of a Question provided

I want it in a way that one has to choose for the multiple options & if we can sub categorize the options and give the options to select them individualy.

From my below example If one can choose all three sub options of the main options

Q1 Which sports you want to play

1. Football
      1a. Defender
      1b. Mid field
      1c. Forward

2. Cricket
      2b. Batsman
      2c. Bowler

Q2 Which other activity…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a feature that makes subsequent questions dependent on previous answers

There should be a way to base the questions that a respondent sees on what their answer to a previous multiple choice question was.

Ex:

You are doing a lunch survey and provide 20 different options in question 1 and ask which top 5 people would be interested in.

Of the interested ones, you want to see which are the top 5 and their relative rankings within top 5 (1=least preferred, 5=most preferred).

You don't care about the other 15 that were in the original question and therefore adding a feature that takes the 5 that people originally chose and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.