Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. COVID Screening: Conditional Thank you Message based on Branching

Ideally I want to show a TICK or a X after the client is screened for COVID using forms, which they can then show staff.

After scanning QR Code, completing COVID screening on their mobile, and submitting form. Clients needs to be able to show on their mobile that they have completed the survey and have a conditional message which says they have passed or failed screening - based on the answers in the survey.

At present there is only one Thank you message after they have submitted their form. We need conditional thank you message, which follow the branching…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add branching options for different question types

branching based on "correct" or "incorrect" regardless of question type is needed in order to provide appropriate feedback for a variety of question types, not only multiple choice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow branching to specific question

I need to be able to branch to a specific question not just a sections

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I hope for a change in Microsoft Forms branching settings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms の分岐の設定の要望
    I hope for a change in Microsoft Forms branching settings

■Description(内容):
    分岐の設定以下のようにした際、設問 2 がスキップされて表示されません。 (他社製では表示されます。)
    他社から移行をする際、同じような動作をしてほしいので、表示されるように要望します。
    *分岐の設定
    設問 1
    選択肢 1 : 設問 3 へ移動
    選択肢 2 : 設問 4 へ移動
    設問 2
    設問 3
    設問 4
    When branching settings are configured as shown below, question 2 will be skipped and not displayed (it shows up for other companies' products). When I migrate from other companies' products I hope for everything to work in the same manner, so I request for the question to be displayed.
    * Branching settings
    Question 1
    Answer 1:…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to be able to do a branching option for under rated net promotor responses

When a net promoter survey is answered with a lower rating (1&2) I would like to be able to branch to another option of asking how it could improve, mandatory to respond for the 1&2 selections, and optional for the 3-5 higher rated selections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Branching options is not showing anymore

Hi, It 's not an idea but an issue really. I used to have access for Branching and now it's not showing anymore.
    I tried to erase cache/cookies, different browser too but nothing.

I also tried on settings but the " view all options" doesn't show either.
    I really need it as I change my form regularly and need that option.

thank you for your help

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to Have flexibility in creating Sub options to select within the options of a Question

I am working on creating a Service Menu whwre I want to give the flexibility to the Client to choose Sub category within the category of a Question provided

I want it in a way that one has to choose for the multiple options & if we can sub categorize the options and give the options to select them individualy.

From my below example If one can choose all three sub options of the main options

Q1 Which sports you want to play

1. Football
      1a. Defender
      1b. Mid field
      1c. Forward

2. Cricket
      2b. Batsman
      2c. Bowler

Q2 Which other activity…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a feature for multiple selects.. to enable a reply comment next to each item selected.

Add a feature for multiple selects.. to enable a reply comment next to each item selected.

I have a form with a question where people can select multiple answers, i really need a feature where if someone selects 3 answers i get an option for them to enter a comment next to each answer they have selected.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Try again option"

Add an option where a incorrectly answered question gives a "error message" such as "Try again and require a correct answer before a respondent can proceed onto the next question. Already "doable" in google forms. Would love to see it in MS Forms

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Benchmark for Multiple choice wrong answer

When a user choose the correct answer for multiple option, there is no option to skip the next question. For example, in single choice quiz, user can skip the next question, based on correct answer. In multiple choice it would be better if we have an benchmark stating if the answer is correct then option 1 ----------------, if the answer is wrong then option 2--------------

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The scroll bar isn’t displayed on the pull-down list of “Go to”.

In the “Branching options” screen, we can’t find a scroll bar on the pull-down list of “Go to”.
    Although Forms had a scroll bar before, it doesn’t have now.
    If there are lots of selection items on the pull-down list, we can’t select the item which located below on the pull-down list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Request regarding branching setting

■Title(件名):
    分岐の設定についての要望
    Request regarding branching setting

■Description(内容):
    分岐の設定におきまして、現時点の動作では、移動先に前の質問やセクションを選択しても、最後の [送信] ボタンが表示され、こちらが望む動作になりません。

選択肢の質問で不正解を選択した場合は、移動先のセクションで不正解時の解説を表示させ、その後、前の質問に戻り再度回答させ、正解を選択した時だけ正解時の解説を表示させ、次の質問のセクション委移動させることで、全問正解の回答をした時に [送信] ボタンが押下できるようにしたいと考えています。

このため、分岐の設定で前の質問やセクションに移動できることを要望します。

In the branching settings, at present, even if you select a previous section to move to, the “Submit” button is still displayed, and we don’t want this to happen.

I want to be able to have users who selected the incorrect answers to questions to be directed to an explanation on what they got wrong, go back several times and re-submit responses, and only when they get the correct explanation be given an explanation for that, move to the next section, and then…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using branching, be able to change the branch target for all/ select answers of a question.

When branching a drop down with many (50+) options, the branch target defaults to next. Currently, each of the options must be manually changed to the desired target. Please add the ability to choose some/ all of the answer options when changing the branch target.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. xbox dating app, bypass covid-19.

You could create an official, gamers dating app. Sell a subscription with a discount for live members, and a bigger discount for the live/gamepass members. It would need some security in case kids were on the console just to be safe. It could be seperated with gender, preference, age, and games they are willing to try/interested in/have. I feel this would create a relief in our daily struggles with covid-19.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Form Linking or Increases of Question Limit

Please allow linking of two forms via branching. Or else, imcrease the max limit of the questions allowed in the form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent Form from just continuing if answers No to a certain question

Abillity to prevent the questionaire to continue to the next section if a question has to be in certain state

Example

Your answer to the previous question requires *** is this correct

Yes alows next question
    No (please relook at reply to questions ***)

Like a question loop created by Branching
    sends them back to review answers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We hope for a feature to fix the question number if branching settings are made

■Title(件名):
    分岐設定をした場合に質問番号を固定にする機能の拡充を希望します。
    We hope for a feature to fix the question number if branching settings are made

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms にて質問に対し分岐設定を行うと、選択したオプションにより分岐設定以降の質問番号が変動する。
    例として、分岐設定にてオプション 1 選択時は "Next"、オプション 2 選択時は "3 番目の質問" を設定した場合、オプション 2 を選択すると、本来は "3 番目の質問" が質問番号 2 として表示される。
    分岐設定を行っても質問番号を固定する機能の拡充を希望します。
    When branch setting is made for a question in Microsoft Forms, the question number after branch setting varies depending on the selected option.
    For example, if "Next" is set when option 1 is selected and "3rd question" is set when option 2 is selected in branch setting, when option 2 is selected, the "3rd question" will be displayed as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show all questions past first branching question

Currently, the survey only shows all questions until the first branching question and then it stops. If I have questions after the branching sequence that aren't part of the branching, you can't see them. It makes the survey look very short and is deceiving. It would be better to have an option to show all non-branching questions from the beginning.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quiz Marking from Branching

A quiz has a maximum of 100 marks, if all questions are answered. I've set up a quiz with branching, a user is cannot get 100 marks due to the branching options.

If a user follows Branch A they can get a maximum of 50 marks.
    If a user follows Branch B they can get a maximum of 50 marks.

When a user answers the quiz, even if they get all their question correct they get the 50/100 mark.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Conditional branching - If answer of question no. 2 is Yes - Go to Section 3, If Answer is NO - Go to section 4 Else - End the Form

Add Conditional Branching

For Example
    If answer of question no. 2 is Yes - Go to Section 3, If Answer is NO - Go to section 4 Else - End the Form

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.