Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add if-then conditions

We need to have the ability to create a condition that routes the responder to a specific question based on the answer to a question.

Example.
    Do you live in California?

If "yes" direct to next question
    If "No" direct to end of form

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Form flicking to top of form when branching

I have an issue with Branching. Every time I select a question with a branch on it, the branching works, but the form flicks to the top of the form, meaning I have to scroll down to the bottom of the form to continue. I have tested this with a simple form with just 6 questions and this still happens. But i am positive this was not happening last week. Has something changed?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Align question ID order with response answer ID in case of branching

Customer sets branching in Forms, at question 6 if user selects A it will jump to question 32, if user selects B it will continue to next question.

So there'll be two sets of response. Set A includes answers to Question 1,2,3,4,5,6,32..., and set B includes answers to Questions 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...32...

When admin reviews the response, Set A will appear like this in Response page:
    Question 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, (however the content of question 7 and 8 comes from Question 32 and 33). This means questions order in response page doesn't match the question order in Form design page.

Customer want like to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to go back and change a response to a previously submitted question

If I'm using Forms as a data collection tool (rather than as a surveying tool), it would be very useful for users to be able to go to previously submitted form and change a response.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please allow more then 71 items to be added as an option. We are selecting class favorites and we will need up to 110 options.

Please allow more then 71 items to be added as an option. We are selecting class favorites and we will need up to 110 options. See error message.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow different formatting for text (italics, bold, colors, e.g.) in the quiz form, as well as branching for responses.

allow different formatting for text (italics, bold, colors, e.g.) in the quiz form, as well as branching for responses.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow branching for rating questions

It would be great to use this for questions like - please rate x service out of 5 stars - and then use branching to determine a follow up. For example - 4/5 stars would go to a text question about what they liked about it, and anything 3 below would go to a question - how can we improve?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be able to do a branching option for under rated net promotor responses

When a net promoter survey is answered with a lower rating (1&2) I would like to be able to branch to another option of asking how it could improve, mandatory to respond for the 1&2 selections, and optional for the 3-5 higher rated selections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a feature for multiple selects.. to enable a reply comment next to each item selected.

Add a feature for multiple selects.. to enable a reply comment next to each item selected.

I have a form with a question where people can select multiple answers, i really need a feature where if someone selects 3 answers i get an option for them to enter a comment next to each answer they have selected.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Branching to include 'Skip Next Question' option.

Currently, branching does NOT behave as expected. If you use branching more than once, the number sequencing of questions is offset if you are just trying to skip to the next question. This number offset increases with the number of times you branch. As a result, the incorrect question will be displayed next. The branching is referencing a static number rather than referencing RELATIVE to where you are in the list of questions. So this number becomes pointless after branching more than once. Seems like simple logic to me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. branching based on other questions results

Instead of branching to a specific question based on a result, I would like to see a question or section appear in the survey only if the result of another question has a specific value. For instance, if a user chose "None of the above", I would like the user to be able to have another question to input the data that is missing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The branching option is not working as expected

The branching option is not working as expected. For example, the answer at question 2 will reveal question 3 and 4 where the answer 2 is just branched to see question 4

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow creation of top-bar navigation to specific questions/question sections

My form questions cover a wide array of topics, I want respondents to be able to jump to the sections that are relevant to them and not have to go through each question that is not

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. enable link based response in multiple choice questions

i need to create action of directing the user to a different URL based on the user choice in multiple choice qustions

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We hope for a feature to fix the question number if branching settings are made

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    分岐設定をした場合に質問番号を固定にする機能の拡充を希望します。
    We hope for a feature to fix the question number if branching settings are made

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Forms にて質問に対し分岐設定を行うと、選択したオプションにより分岐設定以降の質問番号が変動する。
    例として、分岐設定にてオプション 1 選択時は "Next"、オプション 2 選択時は "3 番目の質問" を設定した場合、オプション 2 を選択すると、本来は "3 番目の質問" が質問番号 2 として表示される。
    分岐設定を行っても質問番号を固定する機能の拡充を希望します。
    When branch setting is made for a question in Microsoft Forms, the question number after branch setting varies depending on the selected option.
    For example, if "Next" is set when option 1 is selected and "3rd question" is set when option 2 is selected in branch setting, when option 2 is selected, the "3rd question" will be displayed as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show all questions past first branching question

Currently, the survey only shows all questions until the first branching question and then it stops. If I have questions after the branching sequence that aren't part of the branching, you can't see them. It makes the survey look very short and is deceiving. It would be better to have an option to show all non-branching questions from the beginning.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. share themes between forms

Allow to share custom themes between forms, so don't have to do the additional step of adding theme on every single form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hope for a change in Microsoft Forms branching settings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms の分岐の設定の要望
    I hope for a change in Microsoft Forms branching settings

■Description(内容):
    分岐の設定以下のようにした際、設問 2 がスキップされて表示されません。 (他社製では表示されます。)
    他社から移行をする際、同じような動作をしてほしいので、表示されるように要望します。
    *分岐の設定
    設問 1
    選択肢 1 : 設問 3 へ移動
    選択肢 2 : 設問 4 へ移動
    設問 2
    設問 3
    設問 4
    When branching settings are configured as shown below, question 2 will be skipped and not displayed (it shows up for other companies' products). When I migrate from other companies' products I hope for everything to work in the same manner, so I request for the question to be displayed.
    * Branching settings
    Question 1
    Answer 1:…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate Flow into Branching

If flow can reach into the Form branching options imagine the possibilities…

For example:
    Q. Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?

A1. I do not like Green eggs and Ham. [Branch to next question – for example Here or There]

A2. Say, I like Green Eggs and Ham. [Branch to a Flow trigger that opens a totally separate Form with 101 ways to prepare Green Eggs and Ham for your next event]

This will also get around the 100-question limit because Forms can become interlinked with each other – and other Flows. Much easier to manage forms too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Branching options is not showing anymore

Hi, It 's not an idea but an issue really. I used to have access for Branching and now it's not showing anymore.
    I tried to erase cache/cookies, different browser too but nothing.

I also tried on settings but the " view all options" doesn't show either.
    I really need it as I change my form regularly and need that option.

thank you for your help

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.