Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

We love hearing from our customers. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Next section

Allow branching to "NEXT SECTION" without selecting a specific one. Just like an option for "next" question.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Branching  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In a question, allow a reference to a previous response

For instance;
    Q1) Who takes out the trash?
    A1) Bob
    Q2) Does <A1> know to take out the trash?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Lägger in möjlighet att bryta ner resultat

Om man använder forms vid tex medarbetarundersökning vill man kunna bryta ner (filtrera) resultatet per verksamhet och enhet utifrån ett organisationsträd utan att behöva gå till grunddatan. Är detta möjligt att få till?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow branching dependent on quiz score

I would like to make a Complex quiz as follows:
    Test takers complete a pre-test filter of 10 questions. If they get less than five correct it takes them to test A; if they get more than five right it takes them to test B. If this is already possible, I’d love to know how to do it! If not, it would be a useful addition. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Advanced Branching NEEDS

I want to have a question where the user selects a section, then is taken to that section to fill out the questions, then is taken back to the "select a section" question to choose another section. when they are done with the questions on the sections they choose, they can select a "i'm done" option on the question to be taken to the end of the form. The branching needs to be backward-compatible: if a user chooses section 2 the first time, then decides they want to do section 1 after all i should be able to let them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Branching in Forms- hide/show option

Branching in Forms (Not Forms Pro) should have hide or show option available for each question.

I am trying to use branching in one of the questions in the middle of the form. I have 16 questions and I needed to add branching rule to question 8.

i.e. show Q9 when selected Yes but dont show Q9 if selected no, and leave the questions before and after displayed regardless of the response for Q8. I need preview mode to show all the questions at once, but it hid all the questions after Q8 after i used brnching. I dont need…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Result Ranges with Custom Feedback

Quiz results are scored and the respondent receives immediate customized feedback based on a range of scores. For example, if they score 0%-50% "feedback" but if they score 51%-79% different "feedback" and if they score 80%-100% yet a different customized "feedback"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Carry down answers from one question, into the next

Add the ability to carry down answers from one question onto the next. e.g. "Which communications channels do you use?" [tick all that apply] then the next question populates with those answers and asks you "How effective do you feel each of these channels is?" [then scale of 1 - 10 for each one]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. go to and count

I would like to cycle through a number of questions three times and tally the responses. So a 'go to' and 'count'.
    eg after Q6 go to Q2, count 3 times then end form. Meanwhile tally all
    responses in Q2-Q6.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Branching function in forms should have a 'copy down' feature.

Branching function in forms should have a 'copy down' feature. This way if the next step is the same on each row, you do not spend time click on each and every row choosing the same thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a way to set the default branching for all options within a question

Currently the default is Next and if I need to set all the options to skip a question I have to manually set all the branching destination.
    Suggest to have a Goto input next to the question which will set the Goto for all the options for the questions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. don't make the view scroll all the way up the document when switching to branching mode.

It's annoying to have to scroll all the way down to the question you're working on when opening Branching mode.
    It looks like this happens because clicking 'Branching' goes to a new view.
    I feel like there should be a switching mechanism to go from 'Editing' to 'Branching' mode on the same page, rather than having a new view for Branching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow more that the 2 default answers for branching

Can we have more than the current 2 default responses to branching i.e. "Go to next Question" or "Go to End". If a response is a yes or no choice it would be good if e.g. 'YES' to go to next question and if 'NO' to allow a further questions e.g. "Can you provide more feedback on why you answered 'NO'?" (after responding go to next question).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow adding a company header and a footer so that the form can be branded

It would be good if branching would allow more than the default 2 options e.g." if answer 'YES' go to next question; if answer 'NO' please explain why you answered 'NO'? "

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to be able to make the person taking the quiz go back to the same question until they get it right.

If the quiz taker selects the wrong answer I would like the option to send them back to the same question. That way they cannot continue on until they find the answer to that question. It is an option in Google Forms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow sub-forms or lists

I would like respondents to be able to answer multiple items that have the same answers for some questions without having to fillout the whole form multiple times, so if a respondent has multiple things to report a question would either repeat some questions, or go to a sub-form.

For example the respondent is listing locations where they need a service. The first questions in the form find out who the person is, where are, etc, and then they list 5 places where they need a different things, which ma be answering 3 questions 5 times.

The desired result would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

How it works

• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
  • Select one of the feedback forums listed.
  • Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
  • Be sure to search for your suggestion but if you can’t find something similar enough, you can submit your own.
  • Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
  • When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

Welcome to Microsoft Forms Suggestion Box!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Standard Disclaimer

Please note that the Forms Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.